[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never seen one before but let's try a phobia thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
I've never seen one before but let's try a phobia thread.

I have Hippopohbia: the fear of horses.
>>
scoleciphobia for me - fear of earthworms

I'm a goddamn biologist, I can deal with all the weird / gross shit in the animal kingdom, but something about the way the common earthworm moves freaks me the FUCK out... nematodes and parasites and shit are cool but NOOO EARTHWORMS
>>
>Oneirogmophobia
>>
Just heights.
;_;
>>
>>23708552
My mom is the same way!

>>23708554
Are you serious? Very interesting.
>>
luposlipaphobia
>>
Thalassophobia and Acrophobia. Fuck the ocean man, humans aren't meant for that environment and it shows. From deadly ass riptides to tiny ass killer jellyfish and sharks that mistake people for seals and bite whole limbs off. Oh and the fact that there are probably/maybe giant fucking monsters we've never seen. Heights just scare me in general, I'm clumsy so I'm always afraid of losing my balance. Like, I can't even climb a ten foot fucking ladder.
>>
>>23708626
Yeah
>>23708657
Seen "open water"?

I've swam on deep waters though. Rush.
>>
>>23708667
Deep water=open water
>>
>>23708667
I normally don't get scared in horror games after an hour or two, but I'll be damned if fucking Bioshock 1 and 2 didn't unnerve me all the way through. Something about the big daddy's design and the waterlogged look of the little sisters...
>>
>>23708541
fear of success/failure
fear of being myself
fear of continuing to live
fear of tomorrow being the same as yesterday
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 540x960
Anthropophobia
Enochlophobia
Sociophobia
>>
>>23708713
Sound more like insecurities. But I understand.
>>
>>23708552
They actually freak me out too, as do centipedes and millipedes. I'm fine with snakes and with most insects, but long wiggly bugs, no thanks.
>>
>>23708684
>Bioshock

Aaah, but yeah it was same for me with FEAR maybe... Damn I liked that game too.
>>
>>23708764
Don't even get me fucking started on Subanutica and Stranded Deep...
>>
>>23708552
Carolina?
>>
>>23708831
nope, sorry
>>
>>23708835
You brought up memories anon
anyways I'm terrified of centipedes and batophobia minus the heights part, I can do heights
>>
>>23708768
2spookym8
>>
>>23708541
Podophobia. Don't know whether it's a phobia versus strong aversion, but I have been known to puke seeing feet. I don't even like my own feet, but they don't make me nauseated at least. Even if a chick has nicely groomed feet, they still give me the creeps.

Guys' feet are the absolute worst. :( I try not to look at the ground, lest I see someone wearing flip flops. Stomach just churns...
>>
snakes.

i once ran out into a high way with traffic because someone pretended to have a snake. even pictures make me freak out.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.