[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Experiences with mental or emotional abuse, and support
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: kitten_facepalm.jpg (85 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
kitten_facepalm.jpg
85 KB, 500x375
ITT: Experiences with mental or emotional abuse, and support for those who've suffered it.

I just had a horrifying realization that one of my best friends of the last few years has been emotionally manipulating me and gaslighting me, and am just literally figuring this out right now. Currently in the process of figuring out how to break the friendship (though it's basically broken as it is), and start healing. It makes me feel insane, and angry, and hurt, and guilty, that I "let" this go on for as long as it has.

tl;dr: Looking to talk with others about experiences of mental or emotional abuse, and tactics for getting out of the situation and healing.

>I know this isn't /adv/, but people talk about everything here, and at least it's not another dick rate thread.

>pic related, it's me right now.
>>
I'm so sorry you had to go through this with someone you considered a friend. From personal experience I'd say you don't do anything. They don't deserve you acknowledging them anymore as far as I'm concerned. Feel free to tell them whatever so long as they ask but idk I find it unnecessary otherwise. Would you like a friend op? We can always exchange contact info and vent to each other if you'd like
>>
>>23637778
Holy. Thank you for the support. It's a surreal feeling to realize that all along this was happening. I was denying it for so long, and making excuses for him, and now I can't-- I've admitted it's abuse. Contact info might be smart, actually. I should make a kik for this, phew.
>>
>>23637785
Ahh. I don't have the Kik app! I can do email or skype if you'd like. But f you really really want me to, I could always download it
>>
>>23637812
Thank you so much for your help. Have you ever gone through anything like this? I can make a throwaway email easily if you genuinely want to talk, too. I'm doing ok, it's just so fucking dismantling to realize this.
>>
>>23637846
Kind of. I'm not exactly sure what happened in your case so I can't say for sure? And I'd totally love to talk to you!
>>
>>23637846
>Trusting people on 4chan.
This guy is just going to do the same thing except worse cause he already knows you're receptive to it.

Also blackmail you for nudes since you're emotionally vulnerable.

Dumb cunt.
>>
>>23637860
Yeah, no. I'm more receptive to how it works and the only reason this went on and I accepted it was because the abuse started slowly and it was with someone I trusted. Also? vulnerability nudes? Really? LOL.

You can just leave, you're not needed here.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 540x960
>>
>>23637873
>the only reason this went on and I accepted it was because the abuse started slowly
That's the whole point. Guess what this dude is trying to do? Get you to trust him lol.

After he gains your trust since you're obviously pathetic and lonely that's when they fish for nudes you stupid cunt.

Woman can't really be this stupid.
>>
>>23637886
Uh, I'm a girl.
>>
>>23637740
So my wife is taking me to my therapist tomorrow for "married counseling ". It will most likely be "I'm scared so i am divorcing you and having you committed first" so you are safe. She has been rallying the troops for this in preparation. Wants to talk but won't talk at home. Drinks instead. Yeah! I've got mail! I've got mail. Funny part is she doesnt think i know what's coming dowm.
>>
>>23637978
marriage counselors usually can't commit you, that'd be a psychiatrist, someone who actually has an MD

she has issues that she's not comfortable talking to you about alone and feels she needs someone else there, go in with an open mind and maybe you can save your marriage. Or don't and get ready to sign some divorce papers.
>>
>>23637740
So i guess, yes, i know a little about dealing with irrational beyond bounds intimate SOs.
>>
>>23637999
Counselor is a full psych licensed person, md etc.
Wife worked in psych setting for years.
The ride is about to begin.
:)
>>
Partner emotionally and sexually abused me since I was underage. We have a family now. I just left a couple of months ago and I still haven't processed the reality of what went down.
>>
My ex fiance was an alcoholic and would get very violent and belligerent and then she would have no knowledge the next day she has mental issues has largely refused getting even I diagnosis.

200 pound guys put up 1% of her fight it was crazy scary. I would run back to her right now tho isn't that crazy
>>
Grow up you cunts
>>
>>23638226
>Leaving a family

Fuck you

And b
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.