[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi again /soc/ I have some problem with find if my apperiance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (185 KB, 960x931) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185 KB, 960x931
Hi again /soc/
I have some problem with find if my apperiance rather average or attractive/hot.
People here often rating myself as 6,5 when people who knows me well (not just 3 person, rather 20-30) irl perceiving me as very attractive(8-10/10).
I wonder what's the reason of that phenomenon. Maybe my friends is just very gentle? Maybe they giving me extra points because of personality? Maybe i'm not photogenic and soc rating me lower(the best excuse:p)?
Have you ever had similar stupid problem?
>>
>>23591739
You've got very attractive features, it all depends on personal taste so maybe your friends hold that into account.
>same problem
Yeah except generally told I'm ugly as fuck outside of this board.

Just find happiness in your blessings mang
>>
You're pretty attractive, but not over-the-top-heavenly amazing. Maybe you're just not "everybodys" type. Maybe the picture doesn't show how cute your mimic is or how good your voice sounds and that alone adds to a picture a lot.

Depending on the picture I got everything from 4.5 up to 9.5.

And, again: 6.5 is above average. So keep your mouth shut and enjoy not being a 1-5. Ay?
>>
ppl here rate others with 8+ if they could be a model , you cant
>>
>>
>>23591739

caked in makeup with a dumb expression in every pic but plenty of these thirsty losers will be sure to tell you you're an 8+
>>
>>23591739
>People here often rating myself as 6,5
Well for one, you're being a whiney attention whore.
5 means AVERAGE.
A 6.5 would mean you're above average in looks.

This isn't even a problem, you're just being stupid. Of course people who know and like you are going to rate you higher.
I personally think you're a solid 5, but okay. Apparently you think you're an 8, which is model tier btw.
>>
>>23591787
I have something like BDD and I think i'm 4-5 so you are wrong.
I really hate my apperiance but people are usually tell me I'm cute and have wrong picture of myself. I'm trying to belive that but it's like obssesion.
>>
>>23591739
If you live in Ontario you're a 10 lol
>>
>>23591828
And if not?:D
>>
>>23591818
Well that is just plain stupid. Go and see a therapist if you have a disorder (for real.).

If you go on 4chan to let people tell you that you're ugly (and you know that this is going to happen) rather than seeing a professional or believing your friends you're manipulating yourself into believing that you're ugly and have no right to complain. In fact, if you're doing that, you deserve to feel like you're ugly, because you're probably killing your friends' nerves by annoying them with questions regarding your looks.

Obv. you ignore it when somebody tells you that you're cute and come to places where people will tell you straight hand that you're average and THEN you go and tell yourself that average is ugly.

Don't make your mental problems a hassle for other people when you obv. don't even want to work on them. Stop doing it. That is, by all means, really damn ugly.
>>
>>23591834
Eh still a 10 :)
>>
>>23591839
I'm working with a therapist since 2012. My obssesion is not so big and I'm still alive and find some worth in myself so it works. But this is a process.
and I'm not complain to my friends right now, i know that this is annoying. I don't want to be second brandon:p

But you are right at some points
>>
>>23591834

if you are Estonian you are a 4. Just saying, I'd still fug you tho
>>
>>23591854
You are sweet. Thanks
>>
>>23591887
Kik me if you want to chat more
Master_random
:)
>>
>>23591739
Timestamp please
and also you are not showing too muchfor a proper rate.
>>
This is fake as fuck. /soc/ sucks.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1484x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1484x2048
>>23591955
Lol why?
>>23591912
I look awful right now, here is bacground of that pic
>>
>>23591756
that's bullshit
also OP dat insecurity xDDDDDDDDDD
SIX POINT HALF SIX POINT HALF! XD
>>
>>23592003
March 4th was a month ago. Nice try, bro.
>>
File: image.jpg (865 KB, 1380x1841) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
865 KB, 1380x1841
>>23592009
>>
>>23591739
I'd say you're about a 7. I mean who cares about the extra couple points? You're very cute either. Also maybe you are that hot and you aren't photogenic. Maybe your friends are being nice or have a higher opinion because they know you? I don't know. I've always had trouble with this too. But you're attractive if that helps.

I get rated a 4 on /soc/ often. But in real life I've had girls come to me and tell me I'm handsome or cute before. So yeah I've had a similar problem. Well I don't really consider it a problem since I don't think it matters. But I know how what you mean and it's confusing to me too.
>>
>>23592096
Also their perception of how attractive you are might correlate with how attractive other people around you and them are.
>>
>>23592009
>>23592009
lmao
>>
>>23592096
Thanks for that<3
I supose that you are maybe taking wrong pics from werid angle.
>>
>>23591818
>4-5 so you are wrong
>>23591787
>I personally think you're a solid 5
>solid 5
>solid 5
>solid 5
>you're wrong
...okay.
Even so, then why complain when people rate you a 6.5 and not an 8 then?

>>23591872
>I don't want to be second brandon:p
You're well on your way.
>>
>>23592115
You're welcome. <3 If I didn't think so I'd just not say anything. You're not a model I guess but I'd ask you out.

Maybe? Whether I'm good looking or not I definitely don't think I take good pictures but I don't think I'm super attractive but I definitely don't think I'm a 4 either lol People tell me girls only do that to be nice or because they want attention. I have no idea. I've never been successful with women.
>>
>>23592119
Evry girl secretly wants to be pretty like disney princess
>>
>>23592149
>like a disney princess
Am I being baited?
>>
>>23592119
And you are wrong in that part
>you think that you are 8
>>
>>23591739
Hi! You are very attractive, trust me. I think the main reason why you get bad ratings here is very simple: trolls. Morons who enjoy to play tricks on other people, but online only, they'd never dare to behave like this in real life.

I'd like to see more of you. :-)
>>
>>23592119
Personally I'm actively lobbying to become Brandon 2.0

But seriously I'm pretty sure half the Brandon topics that get made aren't even him. He still posts freak out threads more than anyone else. But people definitely post troll threads to make it look even more frequent.

Also I have trouble with people misunderstanding because I made a thread like this once and people didn't get where I was coming from so I'll try to help here:

She's not complaining even though she disagrees. She's curious why there is such a discrepancy between the rates and what people tell her in real life. I had a similar issue. It's not that she has a problem with what she's being rated. Her self opinion stays the same either way.
>>
>>23591787
Your brain is a solid 0.
>>
>>23591739
6.5 is about correct, yes. Your friends are obviously good and being very positive to you
>>
>>23592147
Can you post pic of yourself?
>>23592172
Thanks again. You explain it well
>>23592168
Thanks, you are so cute <3
>>
>>23592195
6 with your selling point being your eyes.

You have a vagina though so expect to be rated no less than an 8 for that.
>>
>>23592202
She already said she gets rated less than that but she gets higher rates in real life. That was literally the basis of this topic
>>
>>23592195
You're welcome! I want to assure you I didn't tell you that just to say something nice that makes you feel good. It was serious.

What I see is a very pretty face with beautiful eyes, a nose that is neither too bif nor too small, beautiful lips, cheeks and chin. And your hair - wow! Judging from your sweet face your body definitely can't be ugly. I'd court you at once.
>>
>>23592184
How did you go from this

>>23592234
to this

>>23592195
No. I suppose I'd be curious what you think since you look very cute but I don't your opinion would be very objective since I already told you about my situation. It's nice to talk to someone I can relate to though. I made a topic like this once because I didn't understand the difference and people just got mad at me
>>
>>23592218
Hey OP, look, you already have an orbiter. Looks like you can get some decent mileage on this one too.
>>
>>23592218
What else can I say. You understand me well
>>23592234
Thanks. It's make me smile. And show me again that I don't have to be pretty for everyone. I should be okay for myself and my bf. and anons like you prove me that I can be attractive for some nice guy
>>
>>23592265
1/10
>>
>>23592267
I make you smile? That's great! Show me one person on earth who is pretty for everyone, I don't think we could find one. Your bf can be proud of his girl, I hope he's aware of that.
>>
>>23592265
If you're gonna give someone shit about being a beta orbiter talk shit at 2jo6d8F+

I just understand this topic because I quite literally last week made basically the same topic and had a bunch of people freaking out at me, telling me I had nothing to complain about when I wasn't complaining, and reporting me for what I was told was "treating soc like my blog" for asking a simple goddamn question.

I don't know why you're freaking out at me for pointing out that your comment was literally addressed in the OP though. Why even respond to a thread if you're not going to at least read the very first post?
>>
>>23592260
>How did you go from this
>to this

(Anon wants to see you post nudes and thinks whiteknighting will do the trick).
>>
>>23592282
Why yes, I've gotten rated that before. I've also gotten 10/10. You'll need to learn what a rate means to you on your own.
>>
>>23592293
That was about hypothetical, future bf but thanks:)
Ex bf rather ruined my self-esteem
>>
>>23592310
How is that white knighting? I'm legit curious what's with that guy shittalking then going back to praising her.

Or are you answering my question? I'm basically a retard.
>>
>>23592313
Oh, that's sad. If your ex ruined your self-esteem he didn't deserve you. What did he do, did he cheat on you?
>>
>>23591739
ITT: A human seeks validation by fishing for compliments.

You shouldn't cake your face with all that makeup, in all honesty.
>>
>>23592336
Check my post again and look which post I was referring to when I said "Your brain is a solid 0". It was not the OP I was referring to!
>>
>>23592307
So you're upset that your thread didn't have this much traction and you decided to play facilitator for this one? Yawn, go do something else. My comments are relevant, yours are imposing.
>>
>>23592341
not exactly, trust me that this story is definitelly TL;DR :D
he was acting like insecure socipath and was trying to upset me in many ways
>>
>>23592313
I gotta go now. Maybe your thread is still running when I'm back.

Anyway, cheer up my beautiful friend! :-)
>>
>>23592358
oh lmao sorry I misread the user IDs
>>
This is what happens I'm really high and post on 4chan

>>23592380
what? I'm not upset about anything. What am I imposing? I answered her op. And aside from that i just pointed out that what you said in your post was literally covered in the op.

I'm not even sure what you're talking about here. Why would I be upset?
>>
>>23592382
It's good that you could get rid of him.

Last post, I'm running out of time. Sorry!
>>
Also my thread actually had more posts by the time it died.
>>
>>23592384
>>
Why is this W2CDR0s6 guy being so hostile toward me?
>>
>>23592444
Proabably you reminds him somebody from your "behaviour"(if this right words from internet)
>>
>>23592399
Not only are u personalizing the thread by adding your own problem and attempting to talk about it, but you're judging another persons comments as having no basis or value without really looking into what I said. Don't be a fucking tool.
I gave an explanation to the numbers she'd receive and then continued to mention that regardless of her being rated a 6, she still gets faggot orbiters like you. She then rated me a 1 and I told her that I've received all kinds of ratings and it's really a reflection of how weak you are internally to take all these numbers to heart.
Did you go through any critical thinking as a child or are u another one of those inbred plebs that need to have everything spelled out for them.
>>
>>23592480
What's wrong with my behavior? He got mad and started insulting me because he said you're going to get higher rates because you have a vagina and I pointed out you already said you get lower rates in the first post.

I feel really stupid right now.

Where are you from? I understand what you're saying but I can tell English isn't your first language.
>>
>>23592490

I didn't say you post had no value. I never said that at all. What the fuck?

And she didn't rate you a 1. She rated your post trying to roast me a 1. It was just unnecessary man.

Typically yeah I do need to have things spelled out for me. I'm not inbred though. My parents aren't even from the same continent much less the same family.
>>
File: menaked1.jpg (121 KB, 1152x2048) Image search: [Google]
menaked1.jpg
121 KB, 1152x2048
guys please rate me , i am 6.5 too ?
>>
>>23592491
I know that my english is shitty. I'm ashamed of that but writing on /soc/ is kind of practise for me. But sorry if my posts looks retarded.
>>
>>23592511
where are you from ? i think ukrain or russia
>>
>>23592508
You're definitely cute but most guys aren't into big girls so the average dude would rate you fairly low .

Personally I'd smash repeatedly till you couldn't walk but I do happen to like big girls
>>
>>23592511
It's fine. I can still understand what you're trying to say.

Where are you from though?

>>23592513
This was my guess too
>>
>>23592500
Your Brandon is showing.
>>
>>23592543
I haven't posted any pics of my dick and asked why people rate it so low though(yet)
>>
>>23592549
Your Brandon is showing
>>
File: 1446124073298.jpg (41 KB, 200x220) Image search: [Google]
1446124073298.jpg
41 KB, 200x220
>>23591739
do you have a pic with less makeup?
>>
>>23592557
>asking girls to wear less makeup

kek

>>23592553
Did...did you not get what that post was referencing?
>>
>>23592508
In my country you will be 3/10 just because of being chubby and unfashionable outfit. But your face looks kinda cute
>>23592513
>>23592530
I don't want to tell it on public. Sorry guys:(
Also my dream is to speak english fluently as natives. Refering to qiestion - i'm 1/4 American
>>
>>23592565
Your Brandon is showing.
>>
>>23592566
That's understandable.

I'm 1/4th Dutch and my mother's entire family speaks Dutch and German fluently except me. I can barely understand at all.

How long have you been trying to learn English? You make some spelling and grammar mistakes but it's easy to understand you at least. You're using words correctly. You shouldn't be embarrassed if it's not your native language.
>>
>>23591739
You remind me of Anita Sarkeesian t b h...
>>
The points / rating system works like this:

Face: 2
Boobs: 2
Butt: 2
Legs: 2
Personality: 2

So naturally we can't rate you based on face pics alone, maybe people irl know you have nice legs / a nice ass or something?

Either way you're hot but you look like a girl I used to bang so maybe I'm being biased too.
>>
>>23592583
Long enough to speak well but I had some gap in practise:/
>>23592589
She's ugly;( but thanks for honest
>>23592590
This is interresting theory
>>
>>23592590
Does it normally work this way? I feel like literally half of it for me is the person's face and the rest is negotiable to an extent. Like if I don't find a person's face attractive at all then it just doesn't work for me.

But /soc/ rate threads are usually rating solely on someone's face and this is an interesting theory since you make a good point that above average other aspects could bring an overall score up. Which explains the phenomenon of fit but otherwise average guys in rate threads getting 7-8 when they post shirtless pics lmao

>>23592608
(practice; just trying to be helpful :p)

Yeah, well, I should be able to speak Dutch. My grandmother has been trying to teach me since I was born and gave up eventually.

And some people find Anita Sarkeesian attractive. I think she's ok. Not really ugly. What do people from where you're from usually find attractive or ugly?
>>
>>23591739
Makeup + fucked up angle = nobody can tell if you're a 4 or a 10 from that photo.
>>
>>23591739
You look like almost exactly like my girlfriend, so that would be 10/10.
For average Joe you are probably 5-7/10. I'm no chad and my current lady is my fourth girlfriend at the sweet age of 21. So for a non-athletic guy whose high school girl literally cucked with a nigger and this shit managed to happen in freaking Russia, and following one was a controlling abusive bitch, third one turned out more or less sane, but moved away and I was pussyless for a year... can't say I would do any better. Not because this kind of type is inherently unattractive, but because I couldn't imagine that I would be so happy ever in relationship and this is defenetily my type in addition to instant arousal and happiness I felt first time I seen her.
>>
I'll be straight with you:
Your nose could probably benefit from some surgery, your irises are really small, and you look like you went really heavy with the makeup. People on this board (and IRL) tend to prefer a more natural look, but we can also tell when you're trying to cover up shit (in your case, the nasolabial folds and the bags/shadows under your eyes.) You don't need to cake your whole face in foundation, it makes you look like you're having some kind of crisis about your age.
which, since your looks concern you enough to make an entire thread about yourself, you may well be.
>>
>>23591739
8/10 would orbit/stalk for some time
>>
>>23591739

Alexandra?
>>
I seem to remember op being mentally ill in a mildly interesting/morally contemnable way.

Can anyone confirm or deny?
>>
>>23592511
I've seen worse English, don't worry about that. Definitely not shitty.
>>
>>23593757
She briefly touched on that in this thread. Very very briefly.
>>
You're cute! Post more though since it's hard to tell from the angle.
>>
>>23591739
a picture is just a "cold" version of yourself, of course you'll appear as more attractive when we get to know you and we find you nice, and you just arrive smiling at us etc

But in all honesty op, i don't think you're a 6.5, more like a 7.5
>>
>>23592608
You look much better than Anita Sarkeesian. I had to google her, never heard that name before.

My first language is German by the way.

Somebody said your nose might benefit from surgery. Don't do that, there's nothing wrong with your nose or any other part of your face. I also disagree that you've used too much makeup for that picture you posted. Bimbos use heavy makeup (they have to), and you are far from looking like a bimbo.

I'd like to know more about your ethnic background, it's sad that you don't want to talk about it, but I respect your will
>>
>>23593843
I'm gonna be honest I can't tell the difference between your language and Dutch when my family speaks either. They both sound the same to me

>I'd like to know more about your ethnic background, it's sad that you don't want to talk about it

I'm curious about this as well but she really seemed like she doesn't want to talk about it.
>>
>>23593843
You know that there's a difference between 'heavy' and 'cartoonish' makeup, right?
Bimbos wear cartoonish makeup. They exaggerate all of their features--lips, eyes, contouring, false lashes, etc. Heavy makeup just means you're wearing too much, not that you're necessarily exaggerating all of your features like a 'bimbo' would. You can tell she's gone overboard by looking at the powdery/irregular surface of OP's chin and forehead.
Her nose just has really flared/wide nostrils for such a straight/small tip. If she wants to be '8/10', that's the most glaringly irregular feature on her face right now, and the only solution for nose woes is surgery.
>>
>>23593888
Well, there is a difference, otherwise I'd speak and understand Dutch. There are quite a few words of course that sound similar, but that's not enough.

But did you know that hardly any English-language movie is synchronised for the Dutch market? They use Dutch subtitles instead.

Maybe this thread will survive, so let's keep our fingers crossed that she'll return. Something I miss in 4chan is a way to send a short personal message to a poster. You always depend on whether somebody shows up again or not. In this case I'd really like to contact her.
>>
>>23593927
I admit I neither know anything about makeup nor about such surgeries - it seems to me that unlike me you know quite a bit about this. It's just my personal taste, in my view she's a pretty girl, she's friendly and I like her attitude. Maybe she should have posted some more pictures. We all have to concentrate on a single pic after all.
>>
>>23591739
I'd rate you as a solid 4

>>23592508
A true 6
>>
>>23592608
Op your damn gorgeous :)
>>
>>23591739 I'd say you look kinda cute I love the hair.

But I'm going off just one pic take few more selfies. So the few can better critique.
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.