[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To all us old folks by 4chan standards let's chat, connect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1459008614990.jpg (90 KB, 640x494) Image search: [Google]
1459008614990.jpg
90 KB, 640x494
To all us old folks by 4chan standards let's chat, connect and share anything we might feel would be valuable to all the youngsters out there. What we wish we knew or what we would've done differently. What do you still want to do?
>>
Here's a tip

Laziness and stupidity are the same thing
>>
This is a great idea! Hopefully some of the younger folks take this to heart and/or ask questions. I love mentoring!

EVERYONE is lonely, feels ugly, and isn't terribly confident at times. Life is about powering through that.

The secret to being a good conversationalist, is asking open-ended questions. I've never met anyone that didn't love to talk about themselves, so let them do that, and they will love you, but only if you are actually interested in learning about them.

If you want a successful relationship ask yourself what you bring to the table and why someone should be interested in you.

Positivity and attitude are hands down the most important things you can have.
>>
Remember to have fun.
Don't take life so seriously.
Everyone has a burden to bear.
Take a chance.
Love others as you would like to be loved.
Often the people you hang around with are a reflection of you as a person.
>>
College is more important than anything else. Just focus on school and get it done as quickly as you can. Don't worry about partying, sex, friends, boyfriends, clubs, etc. You can do all that stuff when you graduate at 22/23 and have a degree so you can have a stable career and enough money to fund a good life. I made the mistake of getting caught in in relationships and partying/having fun now I'm 29 and still trying to finish my degree except it's hard now because I have to pay a certain amount back on my loans to get financial aid, I have to find a way to work enough to pay my bills(which is not easy without a degree) and pay for college AND have time to do it. If I had just pushed through it I would've spent the last 5-6 years moving up in my career and establishing a stable income to actually enjoy life. I want to smack young me everyday.

Heartbreak gets easier after the first one. Only thing that fixes it is time. Keep busy find new hobbies and new friends and new hang outs to keep your mind off of your ex.

Diet is like the most significant part of your weight. If you struggle with it now you're going to be struggling in 5 years but have twice the weight because your metabolism slows down. The sooner you stop eating junk the faster you'll get to the body you want and can maintain.

With make up less is better. I only wear mascara bc blonde eyelashes and I have never had acne or skin problems with my face. I still look exactly the same as I did at 17. I could give tons more makeup/hair/style advice if anyone wants it. 15 years of trail and error with hair makeup and clothes.

Um yeah most important thing really is the getting college done. I know at 18 and freedom and lots of new coeds you can get distracted. But I promise none of it is worth doing poorly in school or falling behind. You'll get much better partners, be able to afford to party, and still have freedom when you're done.

I guess if you have any more questions let me know.
>>
The absolutely worst thing to have is a fear of rejection. You have to get over it. I remained a virgin for a long time because I simply thought, every time I had a crush on a girl,

>but what if she doesn't like me?
>what if I ask her out and she says no?
>I can't talk to her until she makes it clear she would say yes!

The exact opposite is the correct way. If you are interested in a girl, make your move right away. If she rejects you, then shrug and move on. I wish I had known this when I was younger. I would have got quite a few girls.
>>
>>23545534
Oh and one more thing. Don't settle down or have kids too quickly. While its awesome do have that life if you rush you are going to have way to many responsibilities to be able to see what the world has to offer. Travel after college it's not hard when you are single with no dependents. Hopefully I'll be able to travel when I'm older but it's one of my other regrets. I envy people that have gotten to see the world.
>>
Wear condoms motherfuckers. Brandon is enough of an accidental condom failure.
>>
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened.

That is, you don't have to be a closed minded asshat when you get older. That only happens to closed minded young asshats.
>>
>>23545534
I know a lot of people that would disagree with the idea that you should go to college right out of high school and finish asap. I guess it really depends on your priorities.
>>
>>23545534
If you have work experience I think what you did was ok. I have heard of worse cases but with a bunch of work experience and a can-do kind of attitude you can still land decent jobs after college.
>>
Everyone is terrified, all the time you see them. The louder they are, the more terrified they are.
>>
>>23545600
yes pull out doesn't work and precum is a thing. also antibotics cause birthcontrol not to work. i prefer no condom but when im in a relationship and have established no stds. also birthcontrol. but if you are just having casual sex wrap it up.

>>23545648
you could try to get a job and work your way up but it's going to be a lot harder and less pay. get the degree over with while you're young, still have the credit score to get loans, and dont have other responsibilites to add on. i mean there are absolutely stories about people who were successful without college but its not the norm also 10-20 years ago work experience was enough to be a professional but today degrees are handed out so easily that if you dont have one you are gonna be stock at the bottom. (im also really just talking from personal experience)

>>23545659
Yeah with programming you can do a lot of self taught languages on your own but its hard to build a decent portfolio or get someone to give you the chance to get the experience without the degree. I do know people that have no degree and taught themselves that make great money but they are much older and it took them a very long time to get there. Sorry for run on sentences.
>>
File: Snapchat-6744249263269100016.jpg (717 KB, 1440x2392) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-6744249263269100016.jpg
717 KB, 1440x2392
Awesome, this is exactly what I hoped for when I started this thread. So even if this is as far as it goes thank you everyone for contributing.

Pic related, I had to try on my son's bunny ears for his Easter egg hunt tomorrow. I'm almost 30 and have been coming to 4chan since my late teens. I hardly ever do anymore though just because there's nothing really here for me anymore. Thus this thread.
I'm happily married with one kiddo so far.
Just some of my own personal life hints.
> if you can't find happiness on your own don't expect it from others, it can lead to dependency. Another person can fulfill you and in a sense complete you but not make you whole.
>try new things as often as possible. Even if it's just a slight interest. Do it
>guys learn how to cook, for yourself and others. It will impress any love interest for sure.
>do some sort of physical activity as often as possible, it will help you all around and aid in other aspects of life too surprisingly
>if you're going to do something for someone do it fully without expecting anything back. In a perfect world there would be some kind of recompense but don't ever look forward to or expect it
>don't get offended so easily, especially if someone has a different opinion, hear it and understand, it doesn't mean you have to accept it.
>if you can be around someone in total silence and just be comfortable that's a really good sign.
>one of the biggest keys to a successful relationship is to be interested in what your partner is, even if it's not something you would personally want to do. If they are passionate about something and share it with you. Be enthusiastic about it. And a good partner will do the same for you

I'll add more later if this thread is still alive, Thanks everyone.
>>
File: 1455390974431.jpg (79 KB, 478x750) Image search: [Google]
1455390974431.jpg
79 KB, 478x750
>>23545437
>Believe in yourself, regardless of skin color, heritage, body physique or religion.
>Don't believe what other's say, most of what they say is just to make them look better than they really are
>yesterday is gone, tomorrow isn't here yet, you live and love TODAY
>every man has three hearts, one that is shown to everyone, one that is shown only to closest family and companions, one heart that is shown to no one (Japanese proverb)
>find your niche in life, others won't do it for you
>beauty, money and influence do not make you happy, they are very fickle things - it's the little things that do, especially with your loved ones
>time flies away faster from you than you can imagine, enjoy it while you still can
>it's dog eats dog out there - EVERYONE has their own agenda
>your children will always love you, even if they say they don't.
>pic related

Mid-40s oldfool who has raised 3 children and lives in a poly relationship with two lifepartners
>>
>>23545715
I agree with you there, but I wasn't necessarily talking about going to uni vs not, I was just saying putting off school for a year or longer isn't always a bad option.
>>
Social skills are important. Develop them.

Nothing is free in life; everything has a price.
>>
>>23545731
I dunno when you take that year off you tend to get caught up and the longer you wait the harder it is to go.
>>
No one can be trusted in this world and you probably will make mistakes and have bad things happen to you
>>
Don't trust life advice from 4chan.
As people get older, they often learn how to phrase things better. Well worded and wise do not equate.
>>
File: 1234713355556.jpg (164 KB, 854x770) Image search: [Google]
1234713355556.jpg
164 KB, 854x770
Here's a tip, go fuck yourself and the horse you rode in on. Fuck this stupid gay thread, and fuck you faggots for taking this shit with even a passing sense of seriousness. Sage.
>>
Don't frequent this board. Play sports in hs and college, get a job, avoid r9k
>>
>>23546779
+1 this guy(assume) is right
>>
Where ever you are, don't slackoff
You got your home for a reason
>>
the 'future' feels exactly the same as right now, only you may or may not be in a different building, and you look grosser in the mirror. there's no big secret to life; anyone who says otherwise is trying to sell you something. having an SO is like not having one, only you get to ejaculate in a person sometimes. you will not benefit from 'wisdom', and you will waste your youth with inexperience anyway, so don't bother reading this.
>>
What kind of advice is this? Is everyone in this thread 23? You really think you count as 'older'? Gimme a fucking break.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.