[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's list defining characteristics about our personality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8
File: #.jpg (59 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
#.jpg
59 KB, 300x300
Let's list defining characteristics about our personality (as well as important physical features) in text, and other people can rate how we come across.

Pictures are welcome, I suppose, but I'd like the thread not to be derailed into another "rate how I look when I select the best image out of the few hundred I took" thread.

>6'1
>152lbs
>18
>extreme introvert
>main hobby is reading philosophy and economics books
>don't really care about small things that other people do around me
>perfectionist for my own actions, though
>would enjoy intellectual conversation if I could find any
>growing anxiety
>i like to do things for people more than i like to do things for myself, i don't really derive happiness from many material gains
>i don't really experience strong feelings towards anything that often
>i enjoy music a lot

picture unrelated, although I do enjoy the album.
>>
>>22891021
I didnt read your post, I'm just here to say that that is a great fucking album. One of my top 10 of all time
>>
>>22891055
Thanks for the bump I guess, senpai.
>>
>>22891021
I suppose I should've mentioned that I'm male. That's quite important.
>>
>>22891112
You didn't need to state that as your album taste says it all.
>>
>>22891055
>>22891161
I wish threads that I find vaguely interesting didn't die on post one.
>>
>>22891202
Sorry, for what it's worth: you have cool taste in music... also I respect that you picked Future Days instead of Tago Mago
>>
>>22891021
I enjoy every Can album we should be friends
>>
>everybody talking about Can
At least the conversation is better than on /mu/

>>22891222
What do you have? I only use steam and Toxy, I have a skype account but it is seldom used.
>>
Nothing better to do with my time. Bump.
>>
File: MI0000000969.jpg (59 KB, 400x396) Image search: [Google]
MI0000000969.jpg
59 KB, 400x396
>>22891055
me too but TAGO MAGO > ALL
>>
my characteristics lets get this thread going this isnt a can thread
>/soc/ regular
>60 kg (cuz fuck you muricans)
>i once was extrovert, introvert now
>i got to the gym almost everyday
>i love redhead girls (i love em all desu)
>i listen to alot of music too, post ya charts mates
>6'2' 187cm but i wish i was 6'4 or at least 6'3
>kinda bi curious but idk
>hey you, hey you, youre losing, youre losing, your vitamin c
>>
>>22891241
Kik and PSN lmao
>>
File: collage.jpg (229 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
229 KB, 900x900
>>22891408
Apologies for the gay emo shit, I'm into gay emo shit.

Did anything cause you to become introverted, or did it just happen with no catalyst?
>>
>female, 5'5, 19, short dark hair, pale, freckles
>studying oceanography
>working at a coffee shop
>severely emetophobic
>I really like reading
>pretty much a failure overall

>>22891021
You seem like a really good conversationalist with the potential to be a little bit stuck up but i couldn't assume that seriously without talking with you
>>22891408
You also seem pretty cool, probably too cool for me to talk to irl since gyms intimidate me
>>
>>22891492
You're too cool for me. I don't think I could work in a coffee shop, too many people.
I don't think I'm stuck up, I'm just very disassociated with everything going on in my life, so my personality may suggest arrogance, or contempt for what other people tend to enjoy.
How does one even study oceanography? I'd have no clue what such a course would entail.

I study Economics, I should've mentioned that in the OP.
>>
Can this thread get going please I've been babysitting it for an hour
>>
>>22891581
kill me
>>
>>22891524
Yeah it's honestly not as bad as you'd think, I just work on the bar most days so I don''t have to worry about dealing with customers.
And that makes sense, seems like not so much fun though; I get the disassociation.
I could never study economics oh man I'm awful with all of that. What are you planning to do career-wise?
And it mostly just entails studying Biology and Geology with a bunch of specialized courses that are basically normal biology/geology courses with "marine" in front of the title
>>
>>22891699
I don't know what I'm planning to do career-wise. Most likely going to be an accountant or something, but my dream job would be as a philosopher. I wouldn't be too bothered if I just worked a bland mediocre job from 9-5 if I could spend the rest of the time learning things.

Almost every topic of education seems interesting to me, it's a shame I'll die before I know more than a tiny bit of it. Where do you plan to go with oceanography?
>>
>>22891740
9-5 jobs are underrated. I'd be awful in one, though.
Being a philosophy professor would be kinda nice.
I have pretty much no concrete plan, but luckily to be a solid respected scientist you need a shit ton of school and hands-on internships and field work, so I have time to figure out the details, possibly get a dream job, then fall into ridiculous debt.
>>
>>22891804
I have no clue how to go about getting internships. That's an area in which I wish I was less introverted. The inescapable desire to be away from society is a hindrance.

This thread needs to pick up.
>>
>>22891825
Yeah, I just talk to professors and usually they have friends in related fields.
And yeah this thread seems like a good idea but it's dead.
>>
>>22891452
i was an attention whore in hs desu, i thought i was being popular cuz a lot of people wanted to hang with me and be friends with me but i was just a douchebag, now im trying to be nice with people. I misused the words introvert and extrovert to be honest. Cool chart tho, im not much into hip hop but really like ajj. Hospice and deathconsciousness are awesome albums
>>22891492
lol, you wouldnt get intimitaded by me haha, im a skinny boi, maybe one day ill be intimidating
>female, 19, short dark hair, pale
my kind of girl desu. Emetophobic, i had to google that up.

So, are we posting pics or what?
>>
>>22891872
Everything devolves to boobs and dicks. I shouldn't really be surprised that /soc/ only exists to gloat your score on the genetic lottery, rather than to discuss how you've utilized what you've been given.

>>22891906
If you want to post pictures you can, but I will likely not. I don't feel that my appearance is in the slightest representative of who I am.
[I'm not into Hip-hop either. I just like a few artists who incorporate aspects of hip-hop into genres I already like; Death Grips, Rage Against the Machine, Dalek, ...]
>>
>>22891906
sorry about the grammar, i fucked up a lot hahahaha
>>22890608 im this guy btw
>>
>>22891935
i feel you bro, but i just like to know who im talking to, but its cool i liked you. hows the babysitting going? lol
>>
File: IMG_20151203_041133590.jpg (990 KB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151203_041133590.jpg
990 KB, 2592x1456
>>22891943
If we are going to talk about looks, you look pretty solid. I like your style more than that of most of /soc/.

Thread is picking up now, don't need to babysit it as much. Currently listening to, and reading, pic related.
>>
>female, 5'11, 140 lbs, 21
>dumb ass pink hair, septum ring, a few hidden tattoos
>i don't really think i'm a special snowflake but everyone kinda assumes i am bc of my appearance, i really just like to look the way i do bc it makes me happy
>p extroverted, i like talking to people more than most things
>my main interests are horror movies, film general, photography, and plants
>i was majoring in film but then switched to botany bc i fear instability and becoming a starbucks barista for the rest of my life
>i've never had a real job and i live at home bc i am v v anxious about being an adult and having responsibilities
>i really like to make people happy and do nice cute things for them
>i sometimes am a doormat and have a hard time asserting myself or dealing with disappointing people
>when someone wrongs me i am way too forgiving until i'm pushed to a certain point and then they become the worst person in the world to me and i won't hesitate to talk about how much i hate someone and all the reasons why
>i like myself and think i'm a p decent person, but i seek validation from others to confirm bc i don't trust my own judgement
>my favorite animal is a raccoon, and i want to live in the woods
>i love everyone a whole lot, mostly
>>
>>22891408
you seem fun and sweet and i wanna go to the gym with you

>>22891452
your taste in music is dank as fuck
illinoise is one of my favorite albums and hospice fucks my shit up so hard

>>22891492
oceanography sounds really neat, and you seem sweet and like i'd wanna be your friend and make you friendship bracelets
>>
>>22892026
I think I envy you a lot, and I think you sound somewhat like my ex, but I'm not too sure that we'd have too much in common since you seem pretty extroverted and bubbly.

>>22892045
But your taste in music is good, so maybe we do have stuff in common. Hospice mirrors my last relationship, without the dying and all. Have you checked bottom middle and bottom right? Do you like Brand New, Empire! Empire! (I Was A Lonely Estate) or any other emo-tier bands?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6tFOlJ-AkQ
>>
>>22891943
I forgot you were one of the guys who liked Can earlier in the thread. You're a good guy
>>
>>22892012
oh, youre into emo stuff huh? im not into emo stuff but i really like american football. You sound like a smart guy but kinda shy, i would totally hook you up with a girl that like guys like that, shes not even ugly 7.5-8/10 desu
>>22892045
lets get ripped together haha, i liked your personality, btw, do you look like bjork?
>>
>>22892122
You browse /mu/ right? I used to until the only threads that got posted in were Death Grips, Kanye and GRIMES threads.

Got a picture of that girl?
>>
>>22892139
/mu/ is my homeboard.
no need to show you a picture, shes bjork with pink hair, familia
>>
>>22892083
aw man yeah i feel you, i'm kinda noisy and excitable and a lot of people aren't feelin' that which is fair y'know although a lot of the dudes i date end up being lil caveboys who just wanna quietly listen to me babble and then gimme kisses so
who knows

but oh my god dude hospice is too real for me, it's amazing, and yeah i've heard a lil twiabp, i've never heard moving mountains though! i'll have to check them out. in terms of emo-tier i'm not sure if they count but sorority noise is one of my favorite bands ever. my taste in music is kinda all over the place tho, it's hard to pin down

>>22892122
aaaaay you caught me
i'm bjork girl
<3
>>
>>22892156
What type Bjork are we talking about?

Vulnicura-era Bjork, or Debut-era Bjork

I mean Bjork is cute and all but young Bjork is cuter.
>>
>>22892159
youre so cute, i wanna be your bf and listen to your babble :3
>>
>>22892159
>sorority noise

You'll probably like these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPf6rg-5HKQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QRhyfPGu-c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7dPrCLPFNw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAogCcMf4XA
>>
File: 1122150207e.jpg (235 KB, 769x1279) Image search: [Google]
1122150207e.jpg
235 KB, 769x1279
>>22892139
here's my lil dummy face
bjork is still way cuter but i got that janky bone structure goin' on man so i live for the comparison
>>
>>22892222
I saw you a few minutes ago in another thread and you were the cutest person in there. I don't know why I feel so awkward complimenting people over an anime-themed image board.
>>
File: 1448588617593.jpg (42 KB, 544x499) Image search: [Google]
1448588617593.jpg
42 KB, 544x499
>>22892222
holy fuck you girl, quads of cuteness
>>
>>22892222
Do you have kik? I really wanna talk to you about bjork etc ^.^
>>
>>22892222
Your face genuinely makes me happy.
>>
>5'3 145 lbs female
>brunette dreadlocks, real long
>a few piercing and tats
>vocalist, guitarist, artist, stoner
>introverted
>can break out of my shell easily if I like you
>also a bit of a doormat and avoid confrontation
>a little passive aggressive
>listen to a lot of music
>mostly alternative, ska, metal, and hip hop
>pet French mastiff and dumerils boa
>cook for a living

Don't know what else to say

>>22892222
I wanna be your friend :) also quads*high five*
>>
>6'3"
>190lbs
>19
>Introvert, quite a loner
>I get easily attached to people and then get my feelings fucked with
>I enjoy talking but people find me boring
>I laugh at everything E V E R Y T H I N G
>Long blonde hair, even though Im a guy
>50/50 Swedish/Italian features
>pic
>>
>>22892387
>>22892396
sorry for no replies senpai, tired as fuck
>>
HEY YOU
>>
aaah sorry i had to go do homework for a lil while i hope the threads not totally dead!!!

>>22892244
thank you so much omg that is so sweet!! <3_<3

>>22892266
>>22892337
waaaah everyone is so kind i'm gonna barf you're all the sweetest ily you all !!!!!

>>22892304
i don't i'm sorry! kik stresses me out a lil bit it seems like it's all dick pics and like, talking and then surprise a dick pic

>>22892387
you seem rad oh man i wanna be your friend so much and pet yr dog and yr snake and make you cook for me!

>>22892396
i like people who laugh at everything bc i think that i am HILARIOUS even though i'm like the least funny person i know so i would hang out with you all the time so you could laugh at my shit-tier jokes
>>
Overnight bump.
>>
>5"6-7ish
>grill
>long brown hair, olive skin, oriental looks
>flunctuate between 9 and 10 stone (think that's like 135-140 pounds)
>introvert and shy
>I mainly stay in the house and watch streams, play games or listen to music
>will only feel comfortable talking with you after around 2 months
>self deprecating
>I would enjoy writing if I had any ideas what to write about so I suppose I'll throw this in here
>enjoy reading as well but I've probably read around 3-4 books by my own choice
>>
>>22894734
I would write but every time I do I go back to it the day later, cringe, and destroy all evidence. I think we'd get along, though.
>>
>>22894783
lol, i do this all the time
>>
>>22894788
You're still here? What you doing?
>>
>>22894792
yeah, youre still here too. im kinda bored desu
>>
>>22894796
I've been to bed and I just woke up about 30 minutes ago. Probably going to shower and then do some work on microeconomics of statistics senpai

woke up and got told that I won £200 for some economics award in my old school, today might be okay
>>
>>22894783
I would like to write about anything but I have nothing to. It sucks
>>
>>22894808
>every day I just wake up, look at my computer screen, read books, eat and go to bed

now who would want to read something about that

/tune of the morning/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHxZo-aSffQ
>>
>>22894817
Never said anyone would want to read that.
>>
>>22894819
I posted the story of my life, not yours, my friend.
>>
>>22894821
Oh, I interpreded that wrong. My bad
>>
>5'11"
>m
>NYC native
>30
>looks 25
>160 but looks 140
>bartender and dresses like one (heard this a few times
>really into film
>very eclectic music taste
>always down to check out art
>love to bar hop
>always need something new to check out
>very straight forward, I don't play games and give cutting honesty while expecting it too
>grew up playing video games, rarely do now but I pick it up quick
>love board games
>unusually good with dogs
>don't do drugs often but will in a social setting
>can handle my drink like a beast
>an open book
>trying to write a novel but it's been hard finding inspiration to work on it

>>22892387
Love to hang out of you were in the city
>>
>>22894817
Sounds like you need some excitement in your life my friend
>>
>>22894859
I guess. I wish it were as simple as that; things that other people find exciting usually have little appeal to me. I don't like social gatherings or anything
>>
>>22894835
I think you'd be chill to hang with, honesty is one of my favourite traits in a person. I despise people who talk shit, sling shit and make shit.
>>
>>22894895
Do you drink?
>>
>>22894935
Occasionally, just without anyone else around me.
>>
K let's see

>6'3
>165 lbs
>18
>Average guy body, not skinny, not muscular either, no fat though
>Main hobby would be archery
>Also like drinking with friends, big parties in general, rugby (playing as well as watching)
>Kinda like my medicine study, think it's really interesting but that's why I chose to study it in the first place
>Used to game quite a lot, a bit less now with all the student life stuff but still like
>Not really super social, was never like the cool peepz on HS, but I can generally get along well with a lot of different persons, still think I'm a bit too shy sometimes
>Really love listening to music
>Like having a good conversation with a friend, could be a funny one where we just joke around, a serious one about feels or something nerdy like physics or chemistry
>>
>>22894944
I see guys like you all the time.
Hit a bar, but a place that circles around a calm, casual atmosphere. The kind of place you can sit in the corner with a book, enjoy your glass, take notes on a bar napkin, and enjoy your own company.

From experience, someone will come around and engage the person one-on-one, or a topic comes up that really enlivens this usually quiet person. There's obvious barriers, but they are slowly lowered, as a proper atmosphere and establishment helps alleviate the usual anxieties. The drink helps too of course.

No expectations, but you're at least playing a lotto that's more likely in your favor to have that intellectual conversation.

If it's possible, go where rich people go. They tend to be rather educated and introverted as well.
>>
>>22894835
I'm in Miami unfortunately.
>>22892863
I would totally cook for you!
>>
>>22894964
stop shitting yourself. i am 6'3 and around 170bls and thats skinny af.
>>
>>22895249
My BMI is 23 above 25 is overweight ya know. That's not skinny that's normal
>>
File: FullSizeRender.jpg (784 KB, 1034x2048) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender.jpg
784 KB, 1034x2048
Look I admit I'm more the the skinny than overweight side but this I wouldn't exactly call skinny
>>
>>22894783
I suck at writing, but someone once told me that you will suck in the beginning no matter what, you just have to keep going.
>>
Let's do this

>5'9/m/22/160/fit/
>reading and exercising all the time. Besides work, that's all I do.
>don't drink or smoke, but always down for a trip
>Introvert, but talk a lot with close friends
>Daredevil/Idiot. Live by the words "Send It" Always have and always will. If you dare me, I will do it.
>Recovering from a broken collar bone because I dared myself to set a new downhill mtb course record where I am. Shit sucks
>Strongly believe in myself and my beliefs.
>I love to have debates on stuff
>>
>>22895428
post a pic of your body my man
>>
File: oioioioioioi.jpg (57 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
oioioioioioi.jpg
57 KB, 720x960
Sorry this is late, just got home.
Also, this is from a little while ago. I can't exercise right now because of a broken collarbone.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.