[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ladies, any preference for what you want your man to smell like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (220 KB, 590x420) Image search: [Google]
image.png
220 KB, 590x420
Ladies, any preference for what you want your man to smell like? Are there colognes you remember someone wearing?
22/m athletic and social, looking for something to complement me.
>>
Green Bottle of Polo
>>
>>22829580
Guys, wondering if you have had success with one particular cologne over another. Which ones do you steer clear of?
>>
>>22829580
I think it really depends on your style and attitude.
I roll with "Cool Water" by Davidoff it suits me pretty well.
If you are athletic and dress more "classy" like Chinos and shirts I can recommend you the "One Million" by Paco Rabanne
>>
Givenchy Gentlemen only.
I work in retail and so many women comment on how great It smells. That and the Sauvage by Dior is anot her great one, they both last all day and work well for dates, casual, or whatever
22/M.
>>
not a girl but I am a dude that collects fragrances, was a model, blah blah have had a lot of girl friends.. In my experience good complimented fragrances are,

aventus, la nuit d'lhomme, the one, pure malt, allure home sport(and extreme version), CH men,

well il just stop there, fire some names off on me, and I can tell you my experience wise if I find it to be a good compliment getter I guess lol. Of course in general though if you want to be safe just by something fresh/clean smelling, can never go wrong wtih that. You might not get the girl licking your neck sorta reactions, but you should never have to worry about the off chance of a girl dislike what you are wearing.
>>
>>22829629
>>22829623
>>22829610
I've used Gucci guilty before and liked it, had good experience with aqua di gio also.
I wear polo shorts and sweaters to lunches, khakis and a nice tshirt or button down when going out for the evening. Fit, can hold a conversation and entertain in a wingman situation but have also been described as aggressive by coworkers.
>>
>>22829671
Hugo Boss could be a good fit for you.
Red is a pleasant fruity yet masculine smell, and man is good too.
The scent is hit and miss though. All are pretty affordable too.
>>
/fa/ has the best threads on frags. I would suggest going there if you want tips.
>>
>>22829731
Thanks
>>
Paris Hilton for men. It actually doesn't smell like you'd expect at all... It's really unoffensive and fresh.
>>
File: P1000793.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
P1000793.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
>>22829580
Step 1: Wear da old spice
Step 2: Make da money
Step 3: Fuck da bitches
>>
I've had the following for winter use, though you really should try them out and see how it all works. If you can smooth talk one of the reps at the malls, they usually have testers you can take home and try on. You probably won't find all of these at a mall, though.

L'Homme - Yves Saint Laurent
Eros - Versace
Essentials - La Coste
Terre d'Hermes
Aventus - Creed
Tobacco Vanille (more of an evening scent)
Bleu De Chanel

Happy to give more suggestions if you have specific scents in mind.
>>
>>22829907
I live in Southern California so the cold weather specific scents aren't super important. Im brand new to the fragrance thing so I was looking to get a going out/casual and a good date night/close interactionis what I'm looking for. Something that gives a vibe of powerful but welcoming at the same time? Is that too specific?
>>
File: full_0004_bayrhum_0.jpg (205 KB, 400x470) Image search: [Google]
full_0004_bayrhum_0.jpg
205 KB, 400x470
This is what i wear

*teleports behind you*
*smells pleasant*

Psssh, nothin personal kid
>>
>>22830001
>Eau de Autism: Pour Enfant
>>
>>22830248
Hehheh
>>
It really does smell p good though
>>
I prefer not to get to adventurous with scents, but I like trying out new stuff. Simplistic fragrances are my favourite and I desu, when I first started wearing them I was always afraid of using too much. Too much memory of the old ladies smelling like they bathe in that stuff, which puts me off so hard.

I like Terre d'Hermes, been using it for a long time now, mostly during the colder seasons and only ocassionally in spring/summer and depending on my clothes.

L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme from Issey Miyake and Nautic Spirit from Baldessarini are nice when it's warm outside.

Aqua di Gio by Giorgio Armani and Bleu de Chanel are nice ones too

A lot of fragrances from Hermes are pretty cool imo, so I might buy another scent from them.

I sometimes get compliments how good I smell from women, but nothing major so far. So I'm a bit curious, you >>22829629 got any experiences with the ones mentioned by me?
>>
Light blue is great for a fresh, easy day to day scent.
Spice bomb is great for evenings and dats where you're feeling a bit more aggressive.
Also have a soft spot for Jean Paul gaultier le male.
From a fem
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 1000x1000
I can't seem to get enough of this one. My younger brother has this cologne because I gave it as part of his Christmas gift last year and he loves it. I got another one for my boyfriend this year
>>
>>22829580
Fun Fact Colognes and perfumes can give you man man boobs among other things. Hope smelling like chem dump was worth it. http://www.rodalesorganiclife.com/wellbeing/toxic-perfume-chemicals-linked-cancer-sperm-damage
>>
>>22830579
Although for women most of the hormone interupting chemicals just give you bigger tits, but long term exposure to estrogen shaped molecules will not only give you bigger tits younger they will give you breast cancer.
>>
>>22829623
Actually have a bottle of Sauvage coming in. Thanks for letting me know it succeeds.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.