[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could you date or fall in love with a guy with high-functioning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: autismmoe.jpg (84 KB, 640x433) Image search: [Google]
autismmoe.jpg
84 KB, 640x433
Could you date or fall in love with a guy with high-functioning autism?
>>
File: 4L_kdvqxLhN.gif (100 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
4L_kdvqxLhN.gif
100 KB, 480x270
No desu senpai
>>
>>22738218
I guess it depends in the person, for example, i couldnt fall in live with a guy like that because im straight, i wouldnt know what a female would think about it
>>
>>22738486
What always happens to me is that I can attract them and get by on novelty value, but they ditch me as soon as they realize what things I can't do, or they get alienated/worn down by my behavior/obsessions etc.
>>
>>22738502
Any ideas on how to improve this situation?
>>
>>22738642
well how about, you take it slow, if you really like the girl, make her fall in love with you, introduce the subject little by little until is something normal to her, and the you can show a little of yourself to her, that should work, or...just find a girl that likes the same stuff.
>>
>>22738218
I legit think my ex had high-functioning autism. Even he and his parents suspected it. Never got it checked though. (His parents are both deaf, so they picked up on it slowly.)
>>
>>22738665
I think maybe I didn't explain right, they FLEE after a period of time due to slowly realizing how I am
>>
>>22738686
like I can thrive on my advantages/gifts for a time but then the disabilities/curses mess it all up, I think maybe my attempts to evade emphasizing the disabilities causes their reveal to be too jarring?
>>
>>22738686
well if 4chan has teachme something is that there are girls with very weird fetiches and likings so maybe you wanna try posting here and on craigslist and see if you get some answers
>>
>>22738218
yea if he's cool, I find him attractive and he makes me cum or make me want him to make me cum
>>
>>22738218
I did it. He was too cringy and well... autistic. It was too hard to handle. He has all those ultra-rigid "principles" which ruled his life and took drugs all the time. That sometimes led him to act like a literal baby during comedowns.

I don't know to which extent those issues were coming from autism or from other issues tho
>>
>>22738754
One of the only normal human areas I excel in is sex, so that works for awhile until they realize a lot of basic things they take for granted are impossible for me
>>
>>22738767
like what babes
>>
I don't think I could date someone with mental issues. I can't handle it. I can't hold them to any responsibility because I would think, "It's because they have this mental disability that they did that," and that would frustrate me to no end.
I feel sorry for people with mental disabilities. I can't date someone I feel sorry for all the time.
>>
>>22738837
I can't drive, I get confused by hand-gestures combined with speech sometimes, I'm an artist/musician but I can't write in cursive and have difficulty signing my name, I get very nervous and exhausted from sensory overload in certain situations. I'm over perceptive of sounds, so I can actually hear lamps, things down the street etc. I have a hard time reading subtle facial expressions and sometimes don't respond to cues a person might give with body language/voice so I like more direct communication. I have severe problems with most math, but I had a college level vocabulary at 8 years old. I'm basically like an exaggerated version of an artist type.
>>
>>22738909
I look a lot like Crispin Glover with long hair, wiry build, I bath 3 times a day usually and am well endowed, so I'm not physically repulsive. My difficulties are entirely based on my psychology.
>>
>>22738968
>>22738909
those all sound like very tolerable small things
at least for the other person to "deal" with they seem very small
do you have a speech impediment or anything? maybe I'm just open minded as far as the rest goes because that's all I can imagone would be causing you distress
>>
>>22738997
I don't have a speech impediment, but I tend to speak in overly floral hyper-detailed sort of ways and have a hard time NOT talking. If I'm nervous I will occasionally say "inappropriate" things or break social rules of language I legitimately don't understand. My body language is not grotesque, but I tend to do things that aren't 100% on page with "normal" social behavior, to keep myself from doing anything odd with my hands around people I don't know- I put them behind my back. I don't flap my hands, but I do vaguely mime like movements sometimes, it's kind of difficult to explain. Due to me mostly focusing on things that interest me, I am sometimes entirely unaware of topics/things/slang etc that I'm expected to know. I've actually been compared to Sam from Benny and Joon a number of times, which could give an idea of how disruptive I can be sometimes.
>>
>>22738997
I plan on moving to Phoenix and working on my art and music, so I'll be switching from the rural isolated area I'm into a more urban area with public transport etc; so I'm nervous about having the same thing repeat with relationships again.
>>
>>22738846
What if I told you everyone has mental issues?
>>
>>22739122
>public transport etc; so I'm nervous about having the same thing repeat with relationships again.

I have Asperger's and don't drive. Based on my own experiences living in an area with good public transport, your inability to drive won't be considered nearly as strange there. I'm 24 and when people ask why I don't have a driver's license, I just say: "I've never really needed one, given the area."

As for your concerns regarding relationships, I'm afraid I can't be of much help. I've always been very open about my Asperger's in the relationships I've been in, but the girls I've been with have typically had mental issues of their own, which carries a higher understanding and tolerance for that sort of thing.
>>
>>22739179
Well, I'm obvious enough I was originally diagnosed as Schizoaffective so I can't really not be open. I'm hoping that the change of area and me being the vocalist in a goth/noise rock band will help me not suffer as much social isolation I've had in my current location.
>>
>>22739176
you'd be wrong, duh
>>22739062
ahh fuck, the fact that you talk a ton and have a problem not talking sounds perfect
i've always been fairly quiet unless someone says something to me or for me to respond to in the sense that i'm typically either thinking too much about things i can't vocalize or thinking about nothing at all, so i just keep quiet and wait for someone to specifically address me
>>
>>22739176
I think a lot of people do. I think a lot of people don't let it get it in the way of their life; this is what people call high functioning right? I think there are people who use their mental issues to excuse their behavior, and people who can't help their behavior be a direct effect from their mental issues. I can't deal with it though.
>>
>>22739211
typically in conversation the other person can say something and I'll get fixated on whatever topic they interjected with dwell on that for an extended amount of time, RETURN to the original topic- etc; so it actually unfortunately tires most people out. Thinking now, I believe some of my problems with maintaining a relationship have been more about intensity than anything else, sense I attempt to be as accommodating with any of my defects or whatever as much as I can be.
>>
>>22739250
HM,
well,
i'd be interested in talking to you at the very least if you're up for it
>>
>>22739306
Well, describe yourself ?
>>
>>22739346
well
i'm not exactly introverted since i like going out and being around other people, i just tend to gravitate more towards the corners of the room and don't say much
i prefer to be approched i guess, and i like people watching

i'm really really into music and discovering new stuff (even though i don't play anything myself) and i like watching movies and being around my two close friends

aside from that i like to joke around about things that are generally inappropriate and i have a pretty heavily sarcastic/cynical vibe but warm up easily

as far as physical goes i'm 5'4 and slender, little bit beyond shoulder length brown hair and blue eyes, i'm pretty damn pale and i bruise easy

sorry for sending you a paragraph i didn't have a person i could compare myself to
>>
>>22739661
I'll probably pop back up soon, so you ought to recognize my posts.
>>
>>22739745
alright
>>
>>22738642
How about you try being less autistic?
>>
>>22740341
f u c k
>>
File: bully.jpg (21 KB, 439x325) Image search: [Google]
bully.jpg
21 KB, 439x325
>>22740341
>>
>>22738909
same
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.