[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I made the mistake of eating two burgers and started feeling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: P02636.jpg (129 KB, 685x1000) Image search: [Google]
P02636.jpg
129 KB, 685x1000
I made the mistake of eating two burgers and started feeling uncomfortable. I'd had some wine beforehand, so that may have contributed.

I began breathing rapidly and shallowly, and because of this, I was afraid I would vomit.
Breath control didn't work. My skin felt like cotton wool, which is how it usually feels on the rare occasion when I can't get enough air into my blood (high altitude, etc.)

But then I remembered the "mammalian dive reflex," which lowers heart rate in cold water.
I rubbed my face with an icecube until my breathing and heart rate slowed.

Placebo is possible, but this is digestion. It's about as concrete as it gets. My stomach is just as stuffed as it was before.

Why did this happen in the first place, and why did a cold face make it subside?
>>
Midiclorians
>>
>>8206937
Those mother fuckers!
>>
>eat two (lol) burgers
>hyperventilate
siiiiiiiisssssssy
>>
>>8207041
>hyperventilate
Is that what it was? I thought hyperventilation was an emotional thing.
>>
>>8206905
>eat two burgers
>feel like dying

fucking euros, man.
>>
Dude, you've got serious cardiovascular problems. See a doctor immediately. Next time you do something that might do this to you, you might die.

Do you do any drugs at all? Smoke? Drink? I don't expect you're super old, so it must be something you're doing.
>>
>>8207061
Don't smoke, drink in moderation (rarely more than two units a day,) twentysomething.
Drugs, maybe once a year. I'm thin but don't exercise.

What makes you say it's a cardiovascular issue?
I thought it might be pressure on the lungs.
>>
>>8207050
hyperventilation is a social construct
>>
>>8207077
The two units a day thing is a myth. Alcohol in any amount can be bad, particularly if you have an underlying cardiovascular condition, which it sounds like you might have. It's def a cardio issue, not pulmonary, and serious at that. Go to a doctor now.
>>
>>8207083
I'll do that, but why does this only ever happen when I have a full stomach?
>>
>>8207090
Dude I don't know. I think you've come up with an explanation, and it is confirmed every time you eat a lot. You eating a lot may have more to do with how much sodium you have in your bloodstream than anything else. (Two burgers!)
>>
>>8207101
Is my day-long diarrhea (from before I ate the terrible two and after) a coincidence or somehow related?
I mistakenly ate a mouldy piece of bread and only noticed afterwards. I really don't have much luck with food.

I'm not taking the heart attack possibility lightly, and I'm overdue for a doctor visit anyway, but till it's confirmed I'm interested looking at all the possibilities.
>>
>>8207052
kek
>>
>>8207082
kek
>>
>>8206905

you probably shouldn't have done that

Your digestive system was tapping out on you.
>>
>>8206905
>I made the mistake of eating two burgers

>making a mistake of being American

shaking my head
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.