[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spivak Calculus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I'm lost to what steps he took between (1) and (2). Can anybody explain it to me?
>>
sure
>>
>>8205305
Factor out (K+1)/6
>>
>>8205306
Please do, you cheeky cunt.
>>
>>8205305
When you have to fractions being added to each other. Say
a/b + c/d

Also, just assume that your d=1 so you have

a/b + c/1

How do you turn that into a single fraction?

Yes, the answer is by giving up and studying gender studies.
>>
>>8205309
That gives
(k+1)/6 [k(2k+1)] + (k+1)^2
How do I simplify further?
>>
>>8205318
Almost. Factor it out from both sums.
>>
Grab a piece of paper and a pencil. Take the two terms and find a common denominator. Now add them together to get one term. Now factor out [math]/frac{(k+1)}{6}.[/math] You had trouble with that but had no issue with the step from 2 to 3?
>>
>>8205318
You are first supposed to join the fractions and then factor out (k+1)/6

You just did it wrong.
>>
>>8205323
>>8205324
>>8205325
Thanks guys, I got it now.
>>
desu spivak might be a little above your level op
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.