[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know a shit about physics, but i have a question:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 8767.png (65 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
8767.png
65 KB, 480x320
I don't know a shit about physics, but i have a question:
If somebody "thinks" (processes information) in higher speed than normal person, will this dude see everything in slow motion?
>>
Why dude? We have 2 species on this planet co-existing at very different speeds. Women, being unable to evolve quickly are living a life twice as fast as men up to around age 40.
Men have slowed down, mature much much later and last well into their 90's.

Ask a 'chick'
>>
>>8203640
Unverifiable

How would you determine whether one person's second was faster than another person's second? They'd both just say it takes a second.
>>
File: _11_1_7.jpg (130 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
_11_1_7.jpg
130 KB, 1200x1200
>>8203654
Damn, i didn't consider that.
Since you're born with it you couldn't be aware.
Buuut.. Couldn't exist a a way to verify it, i mean what if you make a comparison between 2 persons?
I know that both persons will see the same second in the clock, but couldn't you measure their reactions or something like that.
Of course i'm hypothetically talking about somebody that has a noticeable difference in his thinking speed in respect to a regular human.
>>
>>8203670
Say Person A consistently reacts faster than Person B in this test.

All you can conclude is that A has a shorter reaction time than B, there's nothing that will tell you how "fast" they experience time.
>>
File: banana-08.jpg (119 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
banana-08.jpg
119 KB, 2000x1000
>>8203679
I Get it.
Since the "experience" isn't something measurable you can't really difference it between people.

But then the "experience / thinking speed" could be considered subjective?
Anyway thanks for taking the time to answer me.
>>
>>8203687
>But then the "experience / thinking speed" could be considered subjective?
I guess

I mean, you could say it's even more subjective than liking certain music more than others in that you can't even communicate and compare your experience with someone else.

It's not really worth thinking about because any discussion of it will just lead to a dead end like this.
>>
It's possible that you could measure the amount of activity in the two brains while they're doing a similar activity like big brain academy to see if one person truly is seeing things faster.

A bit of an anecdote though: My roommate is absolutely stupider and less able for certain mental tasks than myself, but she can read nearly 3x as fast as me.
I'm not sure if she's latently smarter, or what, I just find it odd.
It's like if an idiot was attached to the speed force.
>>
>>8203713
We don't know how the flying fuck brain works, therefore we can't read the brain activity to know something like that.

And the read thing can be acquired by practice, when you can type really fast you learm to read at the same speed too.
>>
>>8203770
>Implying there aren't already studies like this happening.
How about look up studies on brain activity before spewing your dumb shit.
>>
Drugs or adrenaline do speed up or slow down your thought processes, so it's definitely possible to experience time at different rates. I suppose different people or species can also pack differing amounts of experiences into the same timeframe - compare a mouse and a cow for example.
>>
No.
>>>/x/
>>
>>8203713
How much time do you spend reading? No, 4chan does not count. I mean high density text
>>
File: received_572108072974073.jpg (11 KB, 300x287) Image search: [Google]
received_572108072974073.jpg
11 KB, 300x287
>>8203797
>>
>>8203713
I used to read insanely fast, until I realised I was skimming. I'd get the general gist of what I was reading, but wasn't able to visualise or consolidate the info.
Nowadays, I slow myself down. Whenever I noticed myself skimming, I'll repeat the section a few times.
I find slower reading a lot better and more enjoyable; so to summarise, I don't think reading faster is necessarily reflective of how quickly you process information.
>>
>>8203852
This.
Reading Comprehension is important.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.