[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /sci/, quick question here. When will evolution reach the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image_4.jpg (55 KB, 609x600) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
55 KB, 609x600
Hey /sci/, quick question here. When will evolution reach the end and why?
>>
I'm a geology student. I've studied some paleontology. There is no goal of nature. It does what it does. The only way to answer that is to say that the ultimate end of evolution is extinction but you are more than welcome to travel to the future and find out yourself.
>>
>>8203441

When nothing exists in a living state.
>>
Stellar evolution outlasts.
>>
>>8203441
Quick answer: You're an idiot. Leave, never come back.
>>
>>8203752
Just asking, bro. No need to be so rude.
>>
>>8203441
When all life dies.

Becomes there is nothing left to evolve.
>>
>>8203449
/thread
>>
>>8203441
When an organism comes to exist with its entire genome unable to change in any reasonable way without yielding either sterile or dead offspring. By natural means, evolution will be over for this organism.
>>
the question doesn't make any sense since evolution is intrinsic to reproduction
>>
That pic is terrifying op
>>
>>8203441
>When will evolution reach the end
The "end" of what?
Lrn2evolution fgt pls
>>
>>8203441

Human evolution at this point is pretty much stopped. Medicine has made babies that would have been eaten at wolves in the forest grow up and have kids.

With the exception of aesthetic things that make people more likely to get laid, human evolution is done.
>>
>>8205127
Evolution has no goal, it simply happens.
If it works in its environment, it works. If it doesn't, it disappears. That simple. It doesn't matter if the average offspring is a superhuman or an invalid.
>>
File: insufficient_loom.jpg (396 KB, 1570x1536) Image search: [Google]
insufficient_loom.jpg
396 KB, 1570x1536
>>8203441
Have you ever considered the possibility that you don't actually understand the scientific terms you're using? That maybe all of the advanced scientific explanations you've ever heard have just been metaphors, oversimplified to the point of removing all useful information? And that, therefore, you not only lack the knowledge to answer the questions you have, but also to know what questions are even vaguely coherent?

I would strongly recommend looking into this possibility.
>>
>>8205259
Have you considered being nice for once in your little pathetic life?
>>
>>8205127
I agree with this. If we want humanity to evolve we pretty much have to throw ethics out the window.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.