[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man Missing 90% of his Brain is Conscious and Functioning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 26
File: man90.jpg (10 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
man90.jpg
10 KB, 251x201
A civil servant missing most of his brain challenges our most basic theories of consciousness

http://qz.com/722614/a-civil-servant-missing-most-of-his-brain-challenges-our-most-basic-theories-of-consciousness/

Can someone in neuroscience please explain what in the actual fuck in going on?

Tl;dr:
>Man has hydrocephalus
>90% of his brain tissue is lost
>IQ of 75. Still maintains functional movement, communications, language, abstract undestanding, mathematical skills, has a family, etc.

What the fuck?
>>
The parts of his mind that control critical thinking, memory and bodily function are still intact.

I bet he dies before 60
>>
>>8200577
It looks like he is missing the tissue from inside his brain. Honestly, most of what people think of the brain is actually just the cerebral cortex (surface of the cerebrum, which he has). Of course, as I understand it, the insides of the brain are important too because they provide connections to different places on the cerebral cortex. By the way, I'm not really a neuroscience fag. I took a single neuroscience class and mostly focused on drug chemistry.
>>
>>8200577

Neuroplasticity and the extremely slow rate of erosion allowed for adaptive rewiring.

Pretty cool, OP.

Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>8200577
there have been others too
>>
>>8200607
>>8200606

But area's like Broca's and Wernicke's have been entirely eroded
What about medulla oblongata, PFC?

Can we get more detailed answers please?
>>
>>8200577
>Can someone in neuroscience please explain what in the actual fuck in going on?

The mind is partially metaphysical.
>>
Wonder what happens to this guy if he takes some psychedelics
>>
>>8200616
This is actually quite bizarre. My understanding is that people with damage to Broca's area develop grammatical and musical problems.

I'm very surprised the guy passed for normal.
>>
>>8200577
Has to relate with the nature of the damage, how it propagates, and its speed. Most of the cells probably cleanly underwent apoptosis rather than outright necrosis. There was no means for scarring, only pressure. No tangled clumped masses of confused glial cells.

If the brain sustains rapid damage otherwise losses, usually by mechanical trauma or hypoxia, are drastic and nearly permanent. I don't know enough about neuroscience to say much of anything though. I'm imagine cleaner signalling chains than those that occur with eg peripheral amputations and schwann cell proliferation.

I wonder what cell phones do to his head.
>>
he seems to type pretty well in those "flat earth" posts
>>
He has a little guy in a machine controlling everything for him, obviously

You can't see it because the controller put up a force field
>>
>>8200644
>I wonder what cell phones do to his head.

bait?
>>
>>8200577
Neuroplasticity is a thing you know OP.

The remaining 10% of the brain took over the job, and if you notice, he still has the brain stem and the cerebral cortex, which are the 2 parts of the brain we *know* a human cannot lose without losing consciousness.

He is certainly a freak of nature, but it's not that uncommon.
>>
>>8200656
His head is mostly CSF. It's just water. The SAR of the system and its removal rate would be much different.

Oh, but there is all that stuff with altered BBB permeability, acting via VDCC, elevation of (non-thermal) HSPs, increases in ROS / NOS production. Etc.
>>
>>8200667
Finally someone who isn't an idiot in this thread.
>>
>>8200577
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dualism_%28philosophy_of_mind%29
>>
>>8200577
>Conscious
>IQ below 120
kek
>>
File: what dualists really think.jpg (59 KB, 760x600) Image search: [Google]
what dualists really think.jpg
59 KB, 760x600
>>8200689
Tell us what it's like to be missing 90% of your brain, anon.
>>
>>8200710
I find that image to be plausible.
>>
i dont get it. arent all civil servants missing most of there brains?
>>
>>8200723
I think you're mistaking them with just women.
>>
>>8200616
>>8200642

Guys, we have very little knowledge of how the brain actually works.

Cognitive science is in its infancy.

The neuroplasticity and rewiring is almost a given, however we have no idea how this happened.

The answer is: we don't know.
>>
>>8200670

That was covered in the third post of the thread.
>>
>>8200736
Didn't see it amongst all the spiritual nonsense.
>>
>>8200737

Yeah, this thread is a mess.

In fact, this board is a mess.
>>
Heres another case where a woman was essentially born without a cerebellum and didnt know until she was in her 20s

Only had mild ataxia and dysmetria

pretty cool dude

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22329861-900-woman-of-24-found-to-have-no-cerebellum-in-her-brain/
>>
>>8200741
ur a mess m8
>>
>>8200749
aren't we all?
>>
>>8200751
tickle my feet bby
>>
>>8200735

I think this post is probably the best in this thread. I also remember reading a chapter in a book titled "The Encyclopedia of Ignorance" written by a Nobel laureate, Roger W. Sperry
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Wolcott_Sperry

In the chapter, Dr. Sperry mentions that the human brain has an astounding amount of redundancy between the two brain hemispheres, and no one really knows why. In electrical engineering, it is useful to have redundant circuits on satellites; in the event of an SEU (ie. corrupted data) a dual-with-compare or tri-modular-redundancy (TMR) can be the difference between function and non-function. I would have to say that I think this is why the human brain would have so much "wasted" space devoted to redundancy-- without it perhaps our survival rate as a species in more brutal times (eg concussions more common) would have plummeted. Maybe that's the same for all mammals, IDK.
I will admit though, if this guy is really missing 90% of his grey matter and he's still walking/talking/etc, holy shit, how is that possible?
>>
>mfw niggers are more stupid then a guy with only 10% of brain left
>>
File: hydrocephalis[1].png (47 KB, 430x246) Image search: [Google]
hydrocephalis[1].png
47 KB, 430x246
>>8200697
http://www.rifters.com/real/articles/Science_No-Brain.pdf

>IQ of 126
>has gained a first-class honors degree in mathematics
>>
>>8200849

YES! I WIN BEST POST IN THE THREAD!
>>
Guess he really was only using 10% of his brain.
>>
>>8200646
unacknowledged kek
>>
>>8200980

kek
>>
>>8200577
>Missing 90% of his brain
>Works for the civil service

I'm not surprised.
>>
So my suggestion of replacing the brain in incremental surgeries with electrical alternatives to preserve the consciousness is reasonable?
>>
>>8200646
top kek
>>
>>8200646
>>
>>8200742
Cerebellum isn't particularily necessary anyway, it's like a GPU for motor tasks - you're slower and clumsier without it, but otherwise normal.
>>
>>8200577
I wonder how many neurons and connections he has left? Seems like you need about an order of magnitude less than a normal brain to have consciousness. So simulating an artificial one might be a lot cheaper than previously thought.
>>
>>8201453
As long as you have at least one sense, you have a consciousness
>>
File: 1442624627919.gif (11 KB, 730x413) Image search: [Google]
1442624627919.gif
11 KB, 730x413
>>8200577
Most of the middle of the brain is for routing and plasticity.
The surface and folds are where most activity occurs.
Most of his connectome is going around the long way instead of point to point with all those connections through the middle.

But damn, I had no idea you could live without all that wiring...
>>
Would you say a chimp is not conscious?

How about a cat?

How about a bird?

How about a lizard?

How about a fish?

How about a crab?

How about a spider?

How about a snail?

How about a worm?

How about a plant?

How about a bacterium?

Bacteria are single-celled organisms. What are cells in your brain if not many such organisms working in concert toward a common goal?
>>
File: url.jpg (6 KB, 256x197) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
6 KB, 256x197
Just reminder that there are people with only one half of brain.
>>
>>8200577
>A civil servant missing most of his brain
I thought that was normal?
>>
>>8200626
Can you explain that?
>>
>>8201647
let's repeat that joke a hundred more times
>>
>>8201650
I apologize for nothing.
>>
>>8201480
How about no?
>>
>>8200980
So, 1% of a regular brain?
>>
>>8201480
Where do you draw the confidence from to dismiss the "working in concert" part as the essential mechanism behind conscious experience?
>>
>>8201480
Everything down to worms on your list is conscious
>>
>sci tards keep saying but muh neuroplasticity
>there are cases with critical regions missing
>but they still have X region
>there are cases that lack X region
>but they keep making excuses
>they still disregard dualism as some mystical BS
>>
>>8201724
what part of neuroplasticity was it, that you didnt understand?
Sorry, but magic isnt real
>>
>>8201775
>dualism is magic
>I have no read a fucking book
>>
>>8201780
Well, I'm pretty sure you meant mind-body dualism, which is philosophy at best.
>>
>>8201789
>at best
>it has been disproven yet
>>
>>8201792
Very little of philosophy can be disproven. That's a shit standard for judging the worth of philosophical concepts.
>>
>>8200577

the brain operates on a nano scale, smaller than CPUs

we typically gauge processing power with actual size of brain because humans and medical science are retarded

FYI most mamals are capable of complex thought
eating meat is a huge sin
>>
>>8200577

>brainlets realize their entire existence can be achieved with 10% of a brain

really makes you think
>>
>>8201792
It is philosophy. What do you mean "it has been disproven yet"? Thats not how philosophy works. Thats why I called it "magic" in context of a scientific explanation.
You could aswell explain it as a "glitch in the matrix" and tell people to fucking read Descartes
>>
>>8201797
>>8201816
all sciences started as philosophy, ALL.

this is why sci is a fucking high schooler regarding philosophy.
philosophy deals with things science can not still explain.
>>
>>8201801
Well that depends on what IQ used to be.
>>
>>8201821
Drop the canned smugness and rack your brain for an actual response, to either post. You're embarassing yourself.
>>
>>8201839
mind duality shit hasn't been disproven, and it could explain these cases.

your answer is basically I don't believe in dualism, therefore I put my faith in super magical neuroplasticity.
>>
>>8200577
that's absurd
>>
>>8201849
Neuroplasticity is substantiated by observations and evidence. It is not "magic", unlike dualism, which attempts to evade the question of how consciousness arises by referring to an unexplained (worse, unexplainable) different layer of reality - and leaves all the work ahead of you, since a mechanism for the origin of consciousness is still lacking. It's belief in a higher power, rephrased.

Meanwhile, gradual changes to a brain resulting in a working configuration are entirely within the scope of preexisting models (which are purely physical, as is all of science).
>>
>>8200885

Kek
>>
>>8201849
>mind duality shit hasn't been disproven
see
>>8201816

Philosophy is very interesting and really can help to get the right approach and all, but no, the mind-body dualism idea wont give a real satisfying answer to anything in neuroscience
>>
>>8200577
>civil servant missing most of his brain

Best thing I read all day.

On a related note, I remember a little girl who had one hemisphere (half) of her brain removed and she regained full functions. The brain is extremely good at recovering, given enough time of course. This is well known simply through stroke patients.
>>
File: 100% Ground Kek.jpg (288 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
100% Ground Kek.jpg
288 KB, 600x800
>>8200646
>>
>>8200577
that's because we only use 10% of our brain, haven't you watched Lucy?
>>
>>8200577
> 75 IQ
Smarter than a nigger.
>>
>>8202157
WE WUZ BRAINDAMAGED N SHIAT
>>
system is still loaded into ram and running
>>
File: stirner3.png (27 KB, 752x596) Image search: [Google]
stirner3.png
27 KB, 752x596
>>8201800
>sin
>>
Thats pretty cool, in neural networks, specifically deep nets, once a minima was found you can disable most neurons yet it would barely affect the final output, I wonder if thats related.
>>
>>8200577
>what is plasticity for $100, alex?
This shit happened slowly enough for the brain to adjust to it.

Also,
>IQ of 75 not disabled
Nigger, that's retarded. Like, actual clinical retardation.
>>
I wonder if that 10% of his brain is extra densely connected with synapses or maybe consuming an elevated amount of energy per unit volume for compensation
>>
File: original.gif (980 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
original.gif
980 KB, 480x360
>>8200646
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO REKT
>>
>>8200642
Not Broca's, you're thinking verbal associative, which is nearby. Also, it isn't gone, just plastered to the side by the hydrocephalus.

>>8200577
The 'missing 90%' thing is just BS on this one. Yes, the lateral ventricals are massively dilated, but there's not sign that his gray matter is grealy reduced. It instead seems that he has substantially limited white matter, which can be adjusted for.
>>
>>8200719
If you have denationalization disorder then feels 100% accurate.
>>
>>8200577
Come on, you can tell us: its Donald Trump, isn't it?
>>
>>8202664
>Shillery cuck detected
>>
File: man90.png (115 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
man90.png
115 KB, 251x201
>>8200689
>>8200710
This. You can just barely make out the tulpa.
>>
>>8200577
Cool. I wish he would donate some of his time towards some mri scans and brainwave measurements for science.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0969996115001631
>>8201800
>FYI most mamals are capable of complex thought
Well anyone who's ever been to a farm knows tha-
>eating meat is a huge sin
For fuck's sake.
>>8202664
XD
>>
I FUCKING TOLD YOU

I MOTHER, FUCKING, TOLD ALL OF YOU

NONE OF YOU BELIEVED ME

YOU ALL CALLED ME CRAZY

YOU ALL DISMISSED ME

VINDICATION MOTHER FUCKER

I FUCKING TOLD YOU THAT THE BRAIN ISN'T WHAT DOES THINKING, I FUCKING TOLD YOU AND YOU LAUGHED, WHOSE LAUGHING NOW

THE BRAIN IS JUST A FUCKING BATTERY, A FUCKING AMPLIFIER FOR A SIGNAL, A INTEGRATED CIRCUIT THAT ROUTES THE RELEVANT SIGNALS AND HANDLES SOME LOW LEVEL AUTOMATED SHIT

THE BRAIN ISN'T THE SEAT OF CONSCIOUSNESS

THE BRAIN DOESN'T THINK

YOU WERE SO FUCKING MISLED AND COULDN'T SEE IT

WHAT NOW MOTHERFCUKERS? WHAT NOW?

SOMEONE WANNA GUESS *HOW* I KNEW IT?

SOMEONE WANNA TAKE A FUCKING CRACK AT IT? GO ON

I'M WAITING

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>8203489
Because you don't have a brain but are nonetheless able to shitpost?
>>
>>8200577
>>Civil servant missing most of his brain
>>Challenges our most basic theories of consciousness
Something wooshing over your head, OP
>>
>>8200669
You just made that last part up
>>
>>8203489
You're an absolute moron if that is the conclusion you draw from this.
>>
>>8201849
fucking retard
>>
>>8203489
cocaine + lsd = nasty stuff
>>
This is most likely a hoax, as it doesn't agree with the materialistic scientific cult

Please, serious SCIENCE says it cannot be. Therefore, it isn't.
>>
Why is the original article in the Lancet so short? Is there a longer version I'm not aware of somehow?
>>
>>8203532
>serious SCIENCE says it cannot be
If by serious science you mean pop science
>>
>>8200749
Messes are social constructs.
>>
>>8203489
Confirmation bias.
>>
>>8200626
>>8201648
Roger Penrose's theory of mind contends, roughly, that the brain is able to see all "possible worlds" of quantum physics through special properties of the cytoskeletal microtubules which act at the quantum level.

Not quite metaphysical, but still a theory which says that mind is a system composed of more than it's internal states, as in a computer. Perhaps a scheme of use in understanding this case.
>>
Wow, holy fuck, this story is old as shit.
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn12301-man-with-tiny-brain-shocks-doctors/
>>
>>8204565

Any approach to asking about how we make stories about the world have to use the story making process to make.

That story making process - the narrative process - both make objects and takes perspective of the senses, and of the senses of the senses.
And it is done recursively. And we have many brains all competing.
This introduces biases in what we can know: choices of objects and perspectives; the invention of the rhetorical objects in emotions and instincts, but also in the "logos" of purpose, cause and effect, and statistical inference.

But the greatest bias is that we have the ability to forget we are just telling a story. Everything you can know or feel is just a story about the world, not the world itself.

There is no metaphysics, and it is so patently absurd to think that your choices in the story in your head affect the world in any way whatsoever, nor do they predict what the world will do in any way whatsoever.

The world is. Your narrative isn't. The world is indistinguishable from a narrative of randomness without the narrative to tell a story about it.

The functional model (narrative) of the brain is that it is a sense organ that can sense itself, and it can sense itself sensing itself. It can filter what it senses and it can add things that aren't there. It does this by the simple process of making pathways, then linking those pathways, and reinforcing those pathways with senses. We can then sense those pathways and make pathways of the pathways, comparing the signals and making new pathways. Billions upon billions of neurons can be linked in uncountable ways, and in any area that they can be linked.
You feel patterns and they grow through repetition. The world either reflect these patterns or not. Other narratives either reflect these patterns or not.
But that is just a story.
>>
>>8200577
isn't this a like, what neuroplasticity is all about?
The whole "QUESTIONS EVERYTHING WE KNOW" is just a way to get people to click the article.

You did say his IQ is 75. Meaning it is effecting the dude.

idk why people are talking about dualism and metaphysics. i thought this was /sci/, not a crystal shop
>>
>>8200577
The real functionality is safely stored away in teh kidneys.

No but seriously. I'm kind of sure there's got to be at least some parts of the brain still left from stone ages which might have been useful to survive vs wild beasts back then but probably be holding us back intelligence-wise nowadays.

TLDR; Bigger and more is not always better, sometimes more means more crappy / counterproductive parts too.
>>
>>8204726
Reminds me of the Point Lookout dlc for Fallout 3. The tribe removes parts of their brain to ascend, "the part that holds you back".

Your half conscious hallucinations making your way back out of the swamp, as your skull is being sawed open and a chunk of your brain cut out. Then sewn up, and your body dumped behind some rock if I recall.
>>
>>8202331
I wonder the same. Also, is some of the lost structure remaining but compressed? I don' think it is but am still curious.
>>
>>8204726
>>8204733

>No but seriously. I'm kind of sure there's got to be at least some parts of the brain still left from stone ages which might have been useful to survive vs wild beasts back then but probably be holding us back intelligence-wise nowadays

Are you guys kidding?

There are fucking loads of things holding us back, including pretty much all of our behavioural programming and a boat load of cognitive illusions, biases and heuristics that perpetually trip us up when we engage in rational thought.
>>
>>8205152
Those heuristics can't be removed by cutting parts of the brain out.

All of your experiences are both reality and illusion.
>>
>>8205152
All of those are simply manifestations of how we process information, and as such aren't "something negative" that can be removed without inventing a new brain. Things such as biases that are perceived as negative can be trained towards "positive" ones, but they can't be gotten rid of.
>>
>>8205162
>>8205164

Who said anything about any of what you both just wrote?

No offence lads but what you just wrote is plainly obvious to anyone with half a brain, or perhaps 10%.

We're beyond fucked when it comes to the progression and advancement of intelligence.

Anyway…

>aren't "something negative" that can be removed without inventing a new brain.

Exactly, which is why I desperately hope that AI does indeed exceed human intelligence and that therefore intelligence can proliferate and advance throughout the universe, hopefully leaving human existence to fizzle out.
>>
>>8201480
cns desu
>>
>>8201656

I support you 100%.
>>
>>8205168
>AI
AI is a net meme. Mankind will ultimately only find it apt to create a god for its godless world. Perhaps multiple entities will successfully manage this. Google, Microsoft, etc, are all working on this.

Also:
>Who said anything about any of what you both just wrote?
You did.

A lot can be done with the mind. Try to slip the cover off the black box and do some low level engineering if you're inclined, but stop if you begin to drive yourself to madness, apathy, or misery. As that's the nature result of consciously overriding what your brain is otherwise good at by default.
>>
its possible because we only use 10% of our brain
imagine what could you do if you used all 100%
>>
>>8205180
>Implying the majority of your brain's caloric expenditure isn't specifically to make it possible for nerves to not fire and build action potentials only when needed
>Implying your body could supply oxygen and nutrients sufficient to use "'everything" at once
>Implying rapidly switching operations isn't actually a better approach
>>
>>8205185
Although, I think what I said was a bit disingenuous. Our brain is highly limited, and these limiters are not fixed constants that mechanically cannot be alleviated for short periods of time.

Someone told me about a drug cocktail he happened across in the 70's. He didn't remember exactly what it was, but believed it contained PCP. He said after using it, for the next 48 hours the limiters were lifted. He learned rapidly, had near complete instantaneous recall and transcription of data in working memory. Could pick up an instrument and just begin playing it, as though he was tapping some otherwise downregulated or scrambled manner of the mind knowing all along. He also had no need for sleep and was extremely strong.

Said that after it wore off he felt half braindead for the next week or so. This is consistent, possibly, with the development and reversal of olney's lesions. Maybe. I don't know what it actually was, but nonetheless, the true nature of the mind is poorly understood. I do think everyone can feel it. Something that's always there, you can feel it, some metaphorical fingertips of the mind can only glance across its surface at times, but it is never properly grasped and brought clearly into sight.
>>
>>8205168
>>8205177
Holy shit both of you are so fucking melodramatic
>>
>>8205226
Hey bud, why don't you just fuck right off, alright?

This thread is now about posting attractive females. It will be used for the purpose of ascertaining a subset of /sci/'s demographic's general sexual / emotional preferences.
>>
File: 1468157259336.jpg (135 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1468157259336.jpg
135 KB, 500x375
>>8205228
>>
File: tumblr_mpo8v45KvD1ql3offo1_500.jpg (82 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mpo8v45KvD1ql3offo1_500.jpg
82 KB, 500x667
>>8205230
>>
File: 1467633142554.jpg (41 KB, 461x370) Image search: [Google]
1467633142554.jpg
41 KB, 461x370
>>8205232
This is a kiwi I'm posting for the hell of it. It's pretty cute too.
>>
File: kiwi_bird.jpg (57 KB, 460x287) Image search: [Google]
kiwi_bird.jpg
57 KB, 460x287
>>8205233
More.
>>
>>8205235
>>
>>8200577
Its the soul son.
>>
>>8201801
people use only 10% of their brain theory confirmed
>>
>>8205228
>>8205230
>>8205232
>>8205236
>look like teenage boys with make up
>attractive females
kek
>>
>>8206533
>average IQ is 100
>10% brain anomaly has IQ of 75
>that 90% brain tissue doesn't have anything to do with the gap of 25
>>
>>8205236
>>
ITT: Most people start with - I don't know anything or much about neurosciences.

Yet they started to write long opinions, each being different from the last lmao.
>>
>>8201697
If he is left with 10% of a regular brain and uses 10% of regular brain it doesn't mean with 100% of regular brain he would use 1% of regular brain.

Are you retarded?
>>
>>8201264
>electrical alternatives
Just like magic right?

>>8201456
So sight = consciousness?

Are digital cameras conscious?
>>
>>8201925
>Philosophy

As when you give unscientific opinions about something.

But not as philosophy taught trough a rigorous systems and memorization from books then repeating it.

Rather using your own words and ideas to shape an opinion that some else could understand and analyze then critique.
>>
>>8206999
>Doesn't look masculine
>Has obvious feminine features, but lacks selective aspects he's been trained mean "real woman" by the media and culture as a whole
>Proud slavery
>>
His brain isn't missing, it's been pushed against the inside of his skull due to inter-cranial fluid pressure. The brain is spongy, and will compress if you apply a force to it.
>>
>>8201264
http://www.darpa.mil/program/our-research/darpa-and-the-brain-initiative

pretty much already is being done.
>>
>>8205228
> This thread is now about posting attractive females.
So when are you gonna start?
>>
>>8208103
The motherboard of my main pc died. I'm using an old laptop from 2005, and posted what I happened across recently. Don't have anything else, or a wider spectrum of women to post.

Think she's definitely cute though.

Except for this, which is "nsfw".
>>
File: Hillarysmall1.jpg (9 KB, 142x180) Image search: [Google]
Hillarysmall1.jpg
9 KB, 142x180
>>8200577
>Man Missing 90% of his Brain is Conscious and Functioning

Please keep Trump threads on /pol/.
>>
>>8208131
>Man Missing 90% of his Brain is President of the United States

How will materialists ever recover?
>>
>>8208131
Bernie was the objective correct choice. He's trying to push Clinton into a range where she's forced to not do what she would've otherwise, not that it'll pan out. She's being installed to ensure the TPP etc passes.

It's already fizzling out back to "maybe we'll get 'em next time", even though America has been out of time for quite a while.
>>
>>8208139
No candidate supporting mass immigration was in any way viable, but this should be left for >>>/pol/
>>
>>8208141
Net objective choice. I don't like the immigration aspects either, but there is a bigger picture here. Myopia is not how you solve core problems.
>>
>>8208131
> butthurt Bern victim
always funny to see crybaby tears :^)
>>
>>8208152
>Implying I couldn't beat you up IRL
:^)
>>
>>8208155
I thought you were supposed to be against bullying and oppression. Why are bern victims always lying braindead degenerate bronies ?
>>
File: 1467339548580.jpg (127 KB, 765x1024) Image search: [Google]
1467339548580.jpg
127 KB, 765x1024
>>8208152
>butthurt Bern victim

4mankind
4science
>>
File: Made in Fucking USA.jpg (170 KB, 946x606) Image search: [Google]
Made in Fucking USA.jpg
170 KB, 946x606
>>8208170
Your fatty mcpony has no chance against Chad.
>>
>>8208157
You thought wrong. I just want to hamstring the private sector, "kill" off the ones that aren't necessary but have forced their own relevance, and drive the rest back into their place. This is war, and I hope someone gets in there who's willing to treat it that way.

You obviously have no idea what Bernie's policies are about and shouldn't be voting.
>>
>>8208146
Immigration's fundamentally different, because once you change the people who live in a country you've changed the country forever, short of some literal hitler or israel/palestine shit.
Civilisation, society, culture, economy can all come and go but the population can't.
>>
>>8208177
> still tries to talk as if he got braincells and getting massively ridiculed after getting cucked by the most obvious conman in the world.
wew lad
>>
>>8200616
ADAPTIVE REWIRING.
>>
>>8208178
Compared to our economic and political problems, immigration is very small in importance. I'm willing to take any problems created by letting in tons of people that probably hate us if the rest can be changed.

The insurance, banking, and pharmaceutical industries need to be put in their place. The nature of labor and education in the US needs to be fundamentally changes as well. Having our educational infrastructure supported by people here on visas and outsourcing for skilled labor, is completely moronic.

>>8208182
I'm from Vermont. Golly gosh gee I've only watched Bernie for the last 20 years, what do I know.
>>
>>8208178

Change isn't always a bad thing.
USA would have pretty shit cuisine if we were stuck eating like the Brits.
>>
>>8208186
> I'm willing to take any problems created by letting in tons of people
How do you take the problems going on in the entire country all on yourself ? Do you even know what you're talking about ?
>>
>>8208186
>immigration is very small in importance
As of this year, a minority of the people born in america are white. This will be a profound change in culture and hence politics. Studies (and first hand experience) show that voting intentions differ by race - this election might be the last chance republicans ever have. Any future right wing group would need to pander to minorities like the democrats do in order to get elected.

>>8208187
In Britain we have a culture of eating foreign food, but it doesn't mean you need mass immigration.
>>
>>8208196
What about your new president tho ?
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/674489/Home-Secretary-Theresa-May-says-Britain-benefits-Sharia-Law
>>
File: 1344345925650.gif (336 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1344345925650.gif
336 KB, 200x200
>>8208176

How did a brain trauma thread turn into a gay pride event?
>>
>>8208193
I'm not a whole country, so implicitly it means I'm willing to accept the environment created relative to myself.

Durr.

>>8208196
Both parties are mostly hollowed out shells that act as fronts for private interest and wealthy donors. There are some important functional differences, but that's more or less what it resolves to.

The republican party is also fundamentally different than it was even 30 years ago.
>>
>>8208196
>In Britain we have a culture of eating foreign food,
Yeah...I've seen what you call pizza.
>>
>>8208202
crying bern victims arrived
>>
>>8208206
I'll bern you until you're a victim.
>>
>>8208204
>I'm willing to accept the environment created relative to myself
Oh ok. If you accept it we don't need to ask anybody else then...
what a dumbfuck lmao
>>
>>8208207
:O
>>
>>8200577
Hory sheet. That's wild.
>>
Is there some sort of meme out there that the bad haircut candidate is going to win in the US general election? Because, every time I check, he's way behind, sometimes by double digits. Seems kind of irrelevant at any level.

Anyway, here's an article relevant to OP's topic:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/310769.php
>>
>>8208218
Motherfucking stem cells

How the fuck do they work
>>
>>8208210
That's right. That's how "voting" works, you fool.

Geez, stop being such a knob.
>>
>>8208204
>>8208221
Do you not care about your country, descendents or your countrymen?
>>
>>8208223
I care about crafting a world as close to the ideal as possible. Given present conditions, Bernie's suggestions were the best option.
>>
>>8208221
> I'll take the responsibility for the crimes refugees commit
by blaming the whitey again right ? :^)

>>8208186
Oh god please stop trying to talk about shit you've been massively cucked about. Anyone above 60 IQ saw bernie was a conman from the start except for you pathetic losers
I can't wait for your next "expert prediction".
>>
>>8208230
>There are people this stupid
Too bad democracy is the most durable thing we have. If I could make an accurate metric, and it was up to me, you'd be barred from voting. Re-evaluation for competence would occur at 6 year intervals.
>>
>>8208226
Is an ideal world one where everyone shares an equal amount of crime, poverty, etc? Where everywhere is the inner city?

If countries remembered their role (taking care of their citizens, not taking care of the world), then everyone would be happier.

Mass immigration won't fix the world, there's a talk somewhere showing the sheer numbers of immigration, while being far too much for the west to handle, are virtually nothing when it comes down to global poverty.

The best solution is growth, which requires helping people in their own country.
>>
>>8208237
Thank god you can't even find the key to your basement door. Now shush go play wit your mlp dolls and tell your mom to wash your month old bernie shirt
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (221 KB, 966x933) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
221 KB, 966x933
>>8208226
> Bernie's suggestions were the best option.
It really wasn't. But doesn't matter since he gave his fans the middle finger, turned 360 degrees and endorsed Hillary -I work for saudi oil lords and corporate jews- Clinton.
>>
>>8208248
Were people honestly expecting anything different?

Also >no refunds
I hope millenials learned a valuable lesson, but in reality I know they'll take the fact that they've blown their college loans and allowance on bernie, and blame it on college fees and minimum wage
>>
> /sci/ board
> not being libertarians
> following libtard's bullshit ideology
>>
>>8208240
>Is an ideal world one where everyone shares an equal amount of crime, poverty, etc?
The ideal world is about things, relative to people. Not the inverse. An interplay where the engineering for the former is dominant, despite the latter being more important, yields the best results for both.

Growth is a myopic perspective. You cannot infinitely grow, it is absurd, and we've already seen how this pans out. It's time to learn how to do what makes sense, despite the people on top wanting to remain falsely relevant.

>>8208248
He really blew it. He thinks he can force her into a corner where she's externally pressured to do things properly, but he can't. He's been acting strangely the whole election to the point where I wonder if maybe he is in on something, or they told him to play along or they'd kill his family or something. Who knows.
>>
>>8208259
Neoliberals are nothing like the 50s educated activists. It's like they are infected with autism and everything that comes out of their mouth are cancerous accusations and illiterate opinions based on their feelings.
I can't admit im a liberal online anymore, I just can't bare to be associated with todays left.
>>
>>8208270
Good thing there's a containment-board for you, >>>/pol/
>>
>>8208266
lel hillary will waste his old ass and make it look like an accident if he disobeys one word of her
>>
>>8208266
This all seems like nonsensical babble to me.
Why can't african countries experience growth?
Why can't we invest in infrastructure for them?

>the ideal world is about things, relative to people
I'm saying in an ideal world, do all people experience the same amount of crime, poverty et al?
Because in the real world, different cultures and ethnicities have different problems, and often bringing them does more damage than good. People are happier among their own and better at solving their own problems.
The best way to make all groups happy is to ensure they are among themselves governing themselves, doing what is best for themselves. Some groups will be able to get along with others, but you can't just mix everyone together and expect it to work.
>>
>>8208276
I don't know both sides seem to like discussing politics here.
>>
>>8208270
that's why we separated ourselves from the so-called liberals today and unite under the name of libertarianism
>>
>>8208279
He's old enough that the ice bullet gun could be used to produce a heart attack. No one would question it if he just dropped dead in the street one day.

>>8208280
You're a very short term thinker, which is why you can't tell the answer to all of your questions is already embedded in my answer.

Growth is not a bad thing. A system engineered around infinite growth for the sake of growth is. It is not sustainable long term, and it's not good for anyone either. You're already seeing the effect of this by going to a doctor and paying $300 for a consult, or getting cancer and paying 13,000 dollars for a bottle of 25 pills when you can get the same for 200 tops in Canada.

This is what "rigged economy" means. This shit is not possible without the insurance industry to distribute costs (which they do poorly anyway, and won't cover shit). Getting everyone on a state run health plan, assuming this plan's management remains uncorrupted, provides the leverage to drive down prices by force. They play along or they don't have a market.

As it stands you have money being pulled out of your paycheck, by force, to give you "benefits" from your employer that don't do shit. Why not just have a tax and a ultimate net savings, lowering costs massively. You'd have to be a fool to want to sustain the present system.
>>
>>8208300
None of that is short term thinking.
That is all long term thinking.

Short term thinking is "there are 4 billion people in poverty giving birth to 40 million more ever year, lets take in 2 million a year when we can't even feed our own population" (very bad analogy with very wrong statistics)

I'm not talking about infinite growth, I'm talking about growth and investment in Africa. You can't just keep pouring money into immigrants and expecting the world to fix itself.
>>
>>8208313
>You can't just keep pouring money into immigrants and expecting the world to fix itself.
What the fuck?
Anon you're clearly confused about where most tax payer money is going, and the effect of the rest of their money within a system that's consolidating it. Bernie's proposals are not random, they all fit together, and there's a reason for that.

Something kill me off already. Sharing a planet with people who think this shit is too much to take.
>>
>>8208319
It doesn't matter where most money is going, what matters is that there are those who propose to spend money on a proposed element of society that will, by themselves (and through no fault of their own) negatively affect that society.

A lot of money goes into welfare and social security, which a significant number of americans claim - this is another problem - we used to have a system where people successfully supported themselves.
This ties in to the previous point - money that is spent on immigrants could instead be spent on citizens. Nevermind what immigration does to drive wages down.

A lot of money goes into military, this is america's fault for trying to maintain an empire. Military and defense spending is important, but you don't need bases and interventions in every country across the world.

Healthcare costs and insane divorce settlements in the US are likely themselves a part of the problem.
>>
>>8208319
>Something kill me off already. Sharing a planet with people who think this shit is too much to take.

Exactly the elitism I've come to expect for people who parrot these kind of ideologies.
"If only everyone else just thought like I did".
>>
>>8208340
>"If only everyone else just thought like I did".
It's more "if only everyone else just thought", for lack of something more concise. It's not elitism if you really are better, and your model of the world actually is veritably more accurate.

I'm not afraid of being framed as an elitist for calling something broken, when it very clearly is, broken. Things that are in the way will be treated as such. Be glad I'm not advocating rounding you up and using you in labor camps.
>>
File: 1462665702455.png (54 KB, 311x311) Image search: [Google]
1462665702455.png
54 KB, 311x311
>>8208439
>It's not elitism if you really are better
screencapping this for posterity
>>
>>8208455
Thought someone would like that one.
>>
>>8201264
Pretty sure this means that if you can get a proper interface set up, at least 90% of your brain can be electronic. The last 10% could be an issue.
>>
>>8202331

Dis, maybe he effectively has a watercooled brain, and the distribution of fluid has allowed the remaining cells to work harder than normal without getting too hot
>>
>>8201641
What a qt3.14
Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.