[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what happens when the ISS is decomissioned in 2025 ? Do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
So what happens when the ISS is decomissioned in 2025 ?

Do space agencies nowadays have the budget to put something back up ?

Will it be the end of continuous manned spaceflight ?
>>
>>8199842
The space shuttle was the end of manned spaceflight. ISS is just like the tatrail of a headless snake still flopping about. It's up to private companies now, unless there's a major change in the world's priorities, that I just don't see happening.
>>
>>8199847
I take it you've not been keeping up with space news. There's no longer big hoopla in mainstream media but the private sector and Chinese are sending shit up constantly including people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvwKB2jblwk
>>
>>8199847
The last space shuttle flight was only like 5 years ago and is being replaced by Orion using Delta IV Heavy/SLS.
>>
>>8200010
>>8200016
Keep dreaming. In 2020 when they deorbit the iss, that's it.
>>
ISS is pointless pork and has no real reason to exist

It DEFINATELY won't last till 2025
>>
I hope they decomission it ASAP, it eats a shitton of money and has no sensible function.
>>
>>8200010
China will soon see a recession if not a real crash. They are building ghost cities and fudging numbers. They have no money to waste on useless space shit.
>>
>>8200045
>>8200035
>ISS is pointless pork with no reason to exist
>pretty much the sole reason several major aerospace players are developing large crew capsules for mass production
>a major reason why spacex was able to develop its reusable rocket system
>continually providing scientific data about physics, biology, and chemistry
>yearly cost is less than 10 F35s

are you guys chinese plants or lolbertarians or something?
>>
>>8200058
Your "benefits" are all self-referential.

Look, Spacex made money that ultimately came from tax money! Someone must benefit.

No, it's a wealth transfer you moron.
>>
>>8200064
>there is no benefit to cheaper launch costs in a world that is heavily dependent on satellite infrastructure
>there is no benefit to sending people into LEO or beyond when there are serious ventures exploring private space flight for commercial purposes
>there is no benefit to raw scientific data that can be obtained in microgravity

i think you're the moron actually anon
>>
>>8200065
>serious ventures exploring private space flight for commercial purposes
Let them pay for it then.

>raw scientific data
No one gives a shit. Pay for your own fucking hobby.
>>
File: good music.jpg (87 KB, 500x505) Image search: [Google]
good music.jpg
87 KB, 500x505
Sorry for the off topic, but I'm interested. What's the legal juristiction about space? Can I put my own space station in orbit?
If you launch a rocket you will create a conflict in the airspace of your country, but what after that?
>>
>>8200069
>No one gives a shit. Pay for your own fucking hobby.

lol kid.
>>
>>8200144
>What's the legal juristiction about space?
http://www.unoosa.org/oosa/en/ourwork/spacelaw/treaties/outerspacetreaty.html

>Can I put my own space station in orbit?
Article VI
States Parties to the Treaty shall bear international responsibility for national activities in outer space, including the moon and other celestial bodies, whether such activities are carried on by governmental agencies or by non-governmental entities, and for assuring that national activities are carried out in conformity with the provisions set forth in the present Treaty. The activities of non-governmental entities in outer space, including the moon and other celestial bodies, shall require authorization and continuing supervision by the appropriate State Party to the Treaty. When activities are carried on in outer space, including the moon and other celestial bodies, by an international organization, responsibility for compliance with this Treaty shall be borne both by the international organization and by the States Parties to the Treaty participating in such organization.
>>
>>8200190
>>8200144
It all boils down to the person with the biggest stick. They have say over everyone else in all matters. If you happen to have the biggest stick, you can do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>8200197
>It all boils down to the person with the biggest stick.
Not really, no. It's more complex than that.
See, the OST is ALSO the treat that forbids orbital nuclear weapons platforms, and even the people with really big sticks don't want to deal with that kind of thing.
>>
>>8200203
No, it is literally that. The biggest stick is an allegory for power and control. Nuclear weapons are not the biggest stick. The biggest stick is controlling greed. Basically, control gained by giving someone what they think they want. The best example of that in government is lobbying (legal and illegal).
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.