[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this map legit? I mean IQ lower than 70 would mean you have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
Is this map legit? I mean IQ lower than 70 would mean you have some form of developmental disability in the first world, but there are actually countries where half of population has even lower scores than that? How would they be able to run a functioning country if this was for real?
>>
low IQ = slower development
pretty simple concept
>>
Its probably from Lynn
Look into him at wiki and his "IQ and wealth of nations".
He does shitty approximations.
In one country in Africa for example his only basis for the IQ is a shitty cultural IQ test on 14 year olds.

Although there are real differences in IQ between nations, but the most effect has malnutrition.

For example a deficit in iodine and a change of the iodine diet after that let to an increase of 15 IQ points from 85 up to 100
>>
>>8198727
This is purely conjecture, opinion and anecdote, but you can train yourself for IQ tests.

Schooling system may actually develop your thinking in a way that increases your IQ. That would pretty much also explain why many East-Asian countries seem to perform better than western countries.

I see it as a case of chicken and egg. Does a non-functioning country create people with lower intelligence, and do smart people want to stick around anon-functioning country, when they can leave and make use of their skills.

Also would stand to reason that dumb people will not help create a functioning country. But then again, lowering your IQ is as easy as sniffing glue or getting hit on the head, both of which might be easier to do in a non-functioning country. Nutrition also hugely influences intelligence, and many non-functioning states suffer from famine.

To actually answer: Many of those countries can be barely described as functioning. Intelligence seems to possibly correlate. Too many variables to make meaningful analysis. So many arguments flow around since you can come to so many conclusions based on stats like this.
>>
>>8198764
Oh and by
>This is purely conjecture, opinion and anecdote, but you can train yourself for IQ tests.
I was obviously referring to myself.
>>
File: 1465601947646.gif (89 KB, 485x441) Image search: [Google]
1465601947646.gif
89 KB, 485x441
mostly legit but italians are piece of shit autist losers...
>>
>>8198822
I wonder what North Korea is, it's probably something super high like 150
>>
>>8198822
what's your problem man? We pretty much invented western civilization, art, music and science. Show a little respect
>>
File: euro2.gif (153 KB, 800x581) Image search: [Google]
euro2.gif
153 KB, 800x581
>>8198822
>>8199136

italians are non white
>>
>>8199148
Well, apparently northern Italy is whiter than France. Can't say I'm surprised. Also what does being white have to do with anything? And how is a 1% admixture with Africa relevant?
>>
>>8199148
>using autosomal data
into the trash
>>
>>8198727
Half the problem is that IQ tests are made for a specific type of mind. If other types of minds take the test they will do poorly. This is because you can't quantify intelligence.
>>
>>8198727
Shit methods. I remember that scientists who made this study used a school for retards to measure the IQ of some African country.
>>
>>8198727
>How would they be able to run a functioning country if this was for real?

I wouldn't call most of Africa's countries functioning.
>>
>>8199163
>muh "creative" intelligence
>>
>>8198822
>No information about Serbia,Belarus,Ukraine,Montenegro,Iceland
>>
>>8198727

https://iq-research.info/en/page/average-iq-by-country

Their research is far more precise,I dare say.
>>
>>8198822
spotted a german
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.