[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like I have some very important work to do, but I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1445187928506.jpg (84 KB, 576x635) Image search: [Google]
1445187928506.jpg
84 KB, 576x635
I feel like I have some very important work to do, but I don't know what it is.

I know that once I figure out what I'm supposed to do I will excel at it..but I can't figure out what it is. I've been sitting here all day and no ideas came to mind. Anyone else feel the same?
>>
Maybe you are destined to sit for living?
>>
find out if gravitons exist like the standard model of the universe predicts
>>
I think I can understand OP. I always feel like I "should" be doing something to learn something new or useful on my own, but I'm too lazy to ever do any extra work and I can never decide on a topic that I want to study on my own.
The few times I'm ever successful is when I just pick a topic and run with it. I think the majority of the difficulty comes from deciding on and starting something. I guess I need more of a "just do it" kind of attitude.
>>
File: 1453675373147.gif (509 KB, 700x827) Image search: [Google]
1453675373147.gif
509 KB, 700x827
>find something interesting that you want to investigate
>don't know nearly enough math to be capable of doing it
>open up a book on the subject and realize just how much there is to learn
>>
>>8196483

If one doesn't know what to do, then the goal of study should be figuring it out.
>>
>>8196502
They do, it would be an instance where there are more gravitational waves detected than the areas around it

That's what electrons are, points where there is more activity detected than other points in an electric field
>>
yesh but i realised theyre just delusions of grandeur

kinda like a worse form of an existential crisis
>>
>>8196509
Yep, you explained better than I could in OP.

>>8196703
I'm scared this might be true too. I've done well until now, but I haven't actually done anything specialized or difficult.
>>
>>8196678
>>I have no idea what I'm talking about
>>
>>8196483
the first step is you have to find a problem that INTERESTS you. To do that you need to know about the problems that are currently being solved. This is why you must educate yourself first.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.