[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >in intro to physics class >calc based classical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: physics2.jpg (91 KB, 1152x720) Image search: [Google]
physics2.jpg
91 KB, 1152x720
>be me
>in intro to physics class
>calc based classical mechanics
>after first week there are only 13 people in my class
>only 7 in my lab

So what gives /sci/? I know a smaller class is better for learning, engagement and building a relationship with the professor. But by the looks of it there is only going to be 3 people in an upper level class. Is physics becoming a meme degree? I also noticed it's a huge sausage fest.
>>
>>8196381
Calc Phys 1 is a high school course and maybe there aren't many students who need remedial education.

Or your university is a meme.
>>
>>8196386
fuck off eurocuck
>>
>>8196387

he is no eurocuck because in europe calc 1 is supposed to be known in uni or else yo can't enter and this is because we are better than others (murica)
>>
>>8196381
>Is physics becoming a meme degree?

Are you not up to date with definitions? A meme degree would have plenty of students while your problem is the opposite.

>I also noticed it's a huge sausage fest.
Well, physics is one step away from engineering. Just like /gif/ posters experimenting with sucking dick are one step away from taking it up the ass.

Memes aside, why is that a problem? If you are more concerned with the people around you than with the professor in front of you then you already failed the class.

By the way, similar story here. Started my mathematics major this year and there were around 20 people at the beginning of the semester (we all take the same classes) and now we are just about to finish our finals and there are literally just 7 students. And I get the feel that 2 of the 7 still here are going to drop out after as professors have literally told them that they are probably going to fail their class.

Though it is 4 women and 3 men so what can I say, mathematicians have always been surrounded by pussy my man.
>>
>>8196439
>tfw no qt 3.14 physics major gf.
>>
>>8196439
>why is that a problem?
I never have time to go out to social stuff so most of my social group consist of people in my class or previous classes.
>>
>>8196439
>If you are more concerned with the people around you than with the professor in front of you then you already failed the class.
If you're more concerned with the professor in front of you than the material you're presented, you're already failing hard.
>>8196456
Sell cocaine on the side, then everyone will be your friend.
>>
>>8196456
if you don't have time to go out and socialize, why does it matter if phys majors are all men? you wouldn't have the chance to interact with the women if there were any.
>>
>>8196650
I don't have time to meet people outside of class. Obviously it takes less time to meet people you see 4 days a week idiot
>>
File: Capture.jpg (32 KB, 598x418) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
32 KB, 598x418
I feel you OP, I'm in a similar situation right now except that my teacher is fairly incompetent and doesn't even know how to solve the HW she assigns.

With that said can anyone help explain this to me?
>>
>>8196658
Getting a different answer

Conservation of energy:
Initial height: 5*R
Final height: R
Initial velocity: 0

-m*g(R-5R)=.5*m*v^2 - 0
4*m*g*R=.5*m*v^2

Centripetal force is equal to the normal force the block experiences from the wall, so Fc=Fn

Fc=(m*v^2)/R, so R*Fc=m*v^2

Plug R*Fc for m*v^2 in the energy formula:

4*m*g*R=.5*R*Fc

8*m*g=Fc

I get 2.77, so I don't know :(
>>
>>8196695
Need to draw a force diagram (NET force).
>>
>>8196702
oh thanks.

Fnet = sqrt(2.773^2+.346^2)
>>
>>8196695
>>8196702
>>8196720

Thanks a lot guys! First time taking physics and it's pretty hard, especially since its only a month long
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.