[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Planet Earth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 187_1003705_americas_dxm.png (3 MB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
187_1003705_americas_dxm.png
3 MB, 2048x2048
What does /sci/ think about the shrinking of the Earth?

Is there a way to stop the Earth from shrinking?
>>
What?
>>
>>8189872
Are you not aware that the Earth is shrinking?
>>
>>8189873
your dick is shrinking, thas whats up lmaokeklel
>>
>>8189877
That's immature.
>>
>>8189879
like ur ejaculation roflmaomgwtfbbqinternetz
>>
>>8189886
holy shit burn
>>
>>8189867
All things shrink as they cool. The answer is to heat that thing up to expand it.

I suggest a really big microwave on high. Make sure you put a glass of water in with it to make sure it doesn't dry the earth out.
>>
>>8190898
I have to say that what you're proposing is totally impractical with our current technology. It would be tedious. Plus, we cannot microwave the whole of the human population, that would be genocide.
>>
>>8191361
Maybe on low then? And only 30 seconds at a time
>>
>>8191382
>"Science and Maths"
>>
>>8191623
Nigger this is the science of microwaves.

If you want a proper answer here it is. There is no way through human capacity to reverse this process. Not only would it take a technological marvel but the energy required to do this is exponentially larger than what we have available.
>>
>>8192056
So the Earth is doomed to shrink until it's no more?
>>
>>8191361
It's not genocide if nobody survives to complain about it
>>
>>8189867
>>8192440

At one point, the Earth also expanded greatly as well. Pangea existed on a smaller Earth, and the oceanic crust is much younger in comparison to land above sea level.

That's just how the universe works, senpai. You grow large and in charge, then you cool and shrink away into obscurity
>>
>>8192824
Do you at least know how many years it's going to take to completely shrink?
>>
>>8189886
>roflmaomgwtfbbqinternetz

Ironic or not, you're a faggot.
>>
>>8193145
I'd say fifteen or so given the current rate
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.