[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/learn/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1452717653441.jpg (680 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1452717653441.jpg
680 KB, 2560x1440
/learn/ thread.

What is the most redpilled studying technique/resource?

Method of Loci isn't good for actually learning useful things.

Spaced repetition is decent.
What's under the rabbit hole of learning?
>>
studying with other people and making sure that both are at same pace.
>>
>>8184966
Study groups don't work.
>>
Subscribe to YT channels that deal with that topic.
>>
>>8184957

I just read about whatever I am interested in, take a break whenever I feel like it and switch subjects if it gets a bit tenuous.
>>
>>8184957
Just fucking read.
>>
>>8185171
>>8185135
>just do it XDDD
That's why you'll never be the cutting edge.
>>
>>8185420
yeah but they will learn.

I am currently preparing for an exam in discrete mathematics, which is tomorrow. It's a verbal exam. I read the book once, went through all the problems in the book. I made my own notes with theoretical questions and answers, definitions, axioms, theorems, pictures.
>>
>>8185427
That's the thing, I don't think they will learn.

Perhaps you assume everyone is "reading" like you do.
The way you describe it, you obviously immerse yourself with the material.
Simply reading paragraphs for hours won't cut it.

You have to diversify and adopt strategies.
>>
Wish I remembered even a quarter of the things I read in a book.
This is why I don't really read much anymore.
>>
>>8185420
OK, call me if one of your epic life hacks works out.
>>
What maths follows on nicely from british A2 level maths? Going to try for a mature university entrance and hence need something to get me back into it.
>>
I'm pleb

I just see the exercises and what they ask you to do

then i search in the books the theory on how you do the problems

then i do the exercises and try to get easy ways to form patterns on how exercises go. I always do a lot of exercises in the difficult part because you always fuck up easy shit if you don't really know how to do an exercise
>>
>>8184957
It depends on what you're learning...
But everything you learn needs practice and verification that you understand
>>
>>8184957
>red pilled

Please kill yourself.
>>
>>8184971
talking to your friend about math for several hours does though
>>
>>8185431
Maybe if you're a brainlet
>>
>>8184957
My uncle jeb taugh me slow and steady wins the race. Low energy, continuous study beats high intensity bursts. High intensity will lead to burn out or temporary psychosis
>>
>>8185969
Please delete this post.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.