[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Electrical engineers wanted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 1.jpg (273 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
273 KB, 1600x1200
I asked /g/ and /diy/ and they couldn't tell me shit so i'm hoping on some engineers here.

i just got an arduino uno from my parents and started playing around with it, now my brother (who works in some electronics business) brought me a bunch of stuff to build around and i don't really know what it is or what i can do with it.
I'd appreciate every little bit of information from you guys.
>>
File: 2.jpg (223 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
223 KB, 1200x1600
>>8183195
>>
File: 3.jpg (238 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
238 KB, 1200x1600
>>8183197
>>
File: 4.jpg (205 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
205 KB, 1200x1600
>>8183199
>>
>>8183205
that kinda looks like a power supply
>>
>>8183216
It's a xenon flash unit. J1 may be the trigger contacts.
>>
>>8183221
any ideas on how to connect it to an arduino?
>>
>>8183195
Google "Arduino projects", much fun to be found.

Try to go for the analogue electronics route and use the Arduino to control the setup. There is a huge supply of digital electronics engineers but a huge unfulfilled demand for good analogue designers. Make a name for yourself, put a few projects up on the net.

If you are a good analogue designer you will never be unemployed. A former spud of a boss I had thought he cold be a tough guy and reduce the salaries of two analogue designers we had in house. Stupid move. Both quietly walked out, got a new job immediately and our project tanked majorly since we could not find anyone to replace them. Oh, and that company is gone now.

Start simple by getting the blinkenlights to work. Then add some instrumentation, like measuring temperature and moisture in flower pots. Next add a control to water the plants only as much as needed. And continue to build the project.

Take a picture of the plant, compare as a function of pot moisture. possibilities are endless.
>>
>>8183231
Make the Arduino control a relay that closes the switch at J1. Galvanic isolation is probably a good idea when you work with high voltage discharges.
>>
>>8183231

The bad news is that board can probably kill you and blow up your shitty arduino. The good news is that it won't if you keep one hand behind your back whenever you touch it. Also, it's a pretty interesting board with cool parts like the u shaped lamp.
>>
>>8183269
This guy knows his stuff.

Even better: keep your *left* hand in your pocket. Scientists working on high voltage do that. The reason is that a current through your left arm will likely flow past your heart and kill you. A current from your right arm to your feet will just give you immense pain.

I speak from experience.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.