[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think this is the right place to post this. Anyway: What would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
I think this is the right place to post this. Anyway:

What would actually happen if this came in contact with the water?
>>
Depends on the ion concentration of the water. Pure water isn't really conductive.
>>
>>8182529
You have to be severly autistic to believe they used pure water to fill a pool.
>>8182524
Obviously the people in the water and the plugged appartus will recieve an electric shock. The people could suffer fatal cardiac arrest and the grill will short-circuit.
>>
>>8182537
i dont see any girls in that pool
>>
>>8182538
That's because your mom was too fat to fit in.
>>
>>8182537
no they wont
>>
>>8182546
I'm not OP, you bloody dolt.
>>
>>8182546
my dick was not fat enough to fit in your mum though
>>
>>8182524
You'd feel a tingle and break a fuse.
>>
>>8182524
You have to be part of the path to ground. You can't do this in a bath tub because normally you'll be between the appliance and a drain. But here, you only have to worry about the cord becoming unplugged and then putting a finger near the exposed plug (at that point the breaker would probably trip anyway)
>>
>>8182524
>What would actually happen if this came in contact with the water?

Not much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIUJWIT9GrU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQssSAf6DPA
>>
>>8182524
Depends on the safety specs of what they have it plugged into. If it is a GFCI outlet it will instantly flip and stop the electric. If it is just a fuse or normal wall breaker then it may burn out or trip after a very short amount of time (you'd here a pop where the plug drops into the water.) The latter will shock anyone in the pool for a brief instant, but shouldn't cause fibrillation of the heart. There's also a chance it does not trip of burn out the breaker or fuse (like those that are too high amp for the outlet) in which case whoever is in the pool will get a sustained shock that may electrocute them.

My father was once working on an AC unit. It was sitting on a concrete driveway. I was sitting cross-legged about 5 feet from the AC. When he fired up the AC to test it, it was arcing to the concrete, even at that distance I was receiving quite a shock on my butt through my jeans.
>>
>>8182524
>if this came in contact with the water
it would get wet
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.