[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The theory of everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: GR&QM.png (116 KB, 514x326) Image search: [Google]
GR&QM.png
116 KB, 514x326
Is there any correlation between general relativity and quantum mechanics? And why no/yes?

I posted this question on r/askscience with no replies. Long time lurker here, and other forums, imageboards etc... this is the first time I interact with the community that taught me so much for the past 5 years (thank you for that.) I'm aware that the answer to my question is either no or "we don't know." But I've been having a lot of thought experiments lately that lead me to believe that a correlation does in fact exist. I'm not a theoretical physicist or a mathematician (film and anthropology.) I'm seeking any form of help that can turn my hypothesis into mathematical formulas/field equations that describe a possible similar or identical behavior between the cosmic scale and subatomic scale. Also I'm Italian so sorry in advance for my past and future writing.
>>
>>8180393
There are several theories/fields of study, see for example QFT, I don't know what exactly you mean by "correlation", I assume you mean the fields of study that try to unify the mathematical constructs/laws of GR and QM,

Also if you don't know about these fields you probably don't have the mathematical maturity to accomplish what you are trying to do, start with studying introductory texts in GR and QM then pick up mathematical physics; http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Physics_Textbook_Recommendations

>this is the first time I interact with the community
This is an Anonymous image board, just start shitposting, no one cares.
>>
>>8180393
no because both of the fundamental equations of both systems break down under certain conditions.

QFT gives you arbitrarily large scattering probabilities at a high enough energy.

Whereas quantizing gravity is unrenormalizable so produces infinities done through the eyes of qm/qft.

We will reconcile these at one energy level using a new theory.
>>
>>8180429
I know about about Quantum field theory, and I'm aware that most physicist agree that Quantum electrodynamics explains a "correlation" between QM and Special relativity.
Can "Dark Energy" or "Dark matter" help us with the GR & QM dilemma.
>>
>>8180474
In what conditions the equations wont break down?

Also how does information and light behave differently in the "cosmic universe" and "quantum universe?"
>>
This is interesting, bumping for science.
>>
>>8180393
>>8181021
>>
What if the universe is an atom.

General Relativity and Quantum Mechanics would fit.

amirite?
>>
>>8182312
Mottherfucker, go back to your containment thread and die.
>>
>>8182335
This is my containment thread, you piece of shit pleb.
>>
The problem stems from time, General relativity has none, quantum mechanics needs it for evolution
>>
>>8183098
Stop saying things you think should be true but don't actually understand the framework behind.
>>
>>8183119
okay tell me how I'm wrong
>>
>>8183098
QM says that matter can be anywhere until you observe it's location.
Einstein disagreed with Bohr on this saying "Even if I'm not looking at the moon, I know it's still there."
So I guess our "perception" is relative.
If you are near a star that just went supernova you will witness it before and observer that is light years away.
In QFT it's possible that any observer in any location will witness the event at the same time.
So in QM time is irrelevant.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.