[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /sci/ how would your ideal math major curriculum would look like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: kkkkkk.png (69 KB, 530x509) Image search: [Google]
kkkkkk.png
69 KB, 530x509
Hey /sci/ how would your ideal math major curriculum would look like?
>>
File: rework for europe or uk.png (119 KB, 1216x970) Image search: [Google]
rework for europe or uk.png
119 KB, 1216x970
>>8178885
>>
>>8178885
Mathematics from historical perspective, recreational mathematics and applied mathematics
>>
Autodidact interested in this thread, because the more I learn the more I want to learn and it's becoming harder and harder to prioritize subjects.
>>
>>8178887
This is a meme right?
>>
>>8179126
In the sense that it's posted 5+ times a day, sure.
>>
>>8178887
>lua
Ayy lmaooo
Only used in computercraft
>>
share some knowledge and experience /sci/ help us!
>>
There are only three important things:
1. Doing proofs from day 1, not being forced through courses intended for application in fields outside of math.
2. Covering analysis and algebra
3. Electives available for anything important, and getting through core math courses quickly enough that a lot of them can be taken.
Beyond that, the details are not that important.
>>
>>8178885
Assuming you mean university and not a for life curriculim like >>8178887 is doing.

Freshman year:

Foundations of mathematics. Mathematical logic and set theory and then end with rigorous introductions to actual mathematics like number theory and algebraic structures.

Calculus with proofs, make it analysis LITE.

Geometry.

Sophomore:

Jump from those foundations into a full number theory class and linea algebra.

From calculus jump into what is usually calculus III and differential equations.

From geometry jump into more geometry.

Junior:

Now jump into Algebra and Topology.

From calc III and diffeqs jump into actual analysis.

From geometry jump into more geometry, differential and shit.

Senior:

More analysis, more topology and more algebra. Now pour into it applied classes like numerical analysis, mathematical modelling and scientific programming to prepare to students for the professional world.

And there you go.
>>
>>8179126
it's autism my man but if you're smart you knew it was the actual curriculum :)
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.