[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /sci/ opinion on common core?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: common core.png (52 KB, 606x216) Image search: [Google]
common core.png
52 KB, 606x216
What's /sci/ opinion on common core?
>>
Good idea, absolute trash implementation.
>>
>>8178106
Same problem as everything else in scientific school programs. The average professor is shit and has no idea what he is taking about
>>
>>8178107
/thread
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inM8WTBT1lg

All you need to know if you can rough the 2 hours.

tl;dr it's shit
>>
>>8178106
I have been out of grade school for almost 10 years, but from afar, I've looked at some of the textbooks and... damn, I wish I'd had a lot of this material. I had to do a lot of self study during college to catch up.
>>
>>8178107
This
>>
>>8178106

It's horseshit because teachers are apathetic to say the least. That's what you get for using workers that are unionized and government employed.
>>
>>8178107
this
>>
>>8178106
Can anyone actually explain what they think common core is, and show that that is what it is, before they criticize it?
>>
The result of decades of public school teachers union lobbying.

An education system that takes all the pressure off teachers to be good.

They might as well just have everyone stay home. Mail them work books and have them watch videos online. Then they can take a standardized test online every so often.
>>
>>8179843
Attempts to raise standards across the board. Textbooks are now written with more focus on techniques, than simply churning out answers. In theory supposed to help the U.S rise in education and STEM. Only people that have really benefited, though, are textbook companies from what I've seen. Maybe a few more bureaucrats who have a job.
>>
>>8178643
I read that as workers who are un-ionized and got confused .-.
>>
>>8180064
>cation
>read as cat-ion
>should be read as ca(t)shun

Oh hey and in that instance "read" can be read in past or present form because greentext ambiguity
>>
>>8179843

What part of "muh states' rights" didn't you understand, yankee?
>>
before common core
asian: a
white: b
smartest women: c
brown: d
black: f

after common core
asian: b
white: c
smartest women: b
brown: c
black: f+
>>
It's a scapegoat, America's changing demographics are responsible for the decline in test scores.
>>
>>8178106
Good thing, the faster the usa collapse the faster we can go back to saner geopolitics.
With the civil war and balkanisation that will come, you guys won't bother the world for the foreseeable future, awesome.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.