[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the mechanism behind free will? How does free will actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: neil degrasse tyson.jpg (83 KB, 633x603) Image search: [Google]
neil degrasse tyson.jpg
83 KB, 633x603
What is the mechanism behind free will? How does free will actually physically work?
>>
>>8177987
You get will out of prison, he's innocent.
>>
>>8177987
DUMB GORILLAPOSTER
>>
>>8177987
>trying to make straightforward things seem more mysterious and complicated
Philosophy belongs on >>>/lit/.

Also an hero.
>>
Carbon fiber flywheels.
>>
>>8177987
God cheated and hacked it on metaphysically with some lisp code.
>>
>>8177987
Whenever you have to make a decision, you apply the axiom of choice.
>>
>>8178005
He's implying free will doent exsist as it doesn't.
>>
File: 1466688080828.png (197 KB, 1708x246) Image search: [Google]
1466688080828.png
197 KB, 1708x246
It works sort of like pic related.
>>
Quantum spirits prove free will.
Anyone disagrees should get a PhD before posting here.

t. Michio Gucci
>>
>>8177987
"free will" is a mind's mechanism that exists only so that you could choose what's better for you.
Basically, you imagine possible choices and their outcomes, but only to choose the most rewarding(perhaps this is suitable term?)
>>
>>8178612
>but only to choose the most rewarding
then why am i on 4chan

not that i believe in free will, just saying
>>
>>8178622
becuz, I dunno, maybe it brings you lols and all the good stuff, who knows?
Given exact data about circumstances and one's motives, we could calculate every one's act precisely
>>
>>8177987
Animals belong to >>>/an/. Get out.
>>
>>8177987
as far as i know free will is the act of inhibiting inferior(evolutionarily older) brain regions for the good of the species(otherwise it wouldnt evolve into such a sophisticated form). so this happy monkey or example can choose not to kill other male members of his group and he can choose to help a monkey who fell down from a tree. he can even choose not to get the banana on the floor because wolves might be waiting down there.
so basically imo free will started with a way to choose between two choices and snowballed from there. If you want to know exactly how it physically works wait a few more decades
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.