[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I be worried about eating fish from an Aquaculture?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: aquaculture.jpg (904 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
aquaculture.jpg
904 KB, 1000x667
Should I be worried about eating fish from an Aquaculture?
>>
>>8177767
Yes but it's too late, you'll probably already die.
>>
>>8177767
I think the fish should be worried.
>>
>>8177767
>worried
No. Norwegians and the Japanese eat a lot of this especially salmon and both groups do pretty well in terms of life expectancy and health.
>>
>>8177767
>Aquaculture
What's wrong it? Mercury?
>>
>>8177767

Too lazy to search for a source, but I recall reading that wild caught fish like salmon contain more nutrients than farm raised. Of course you pay a little extra for wild caught. Another fun fact is that the farm raised salmon at the store is all died to give it color because farm caught salmon lacks whatever causes the red color, unlike wild caught which is naturally that color. Don't believe me? Ask the meat guy at your grocery store next time you go.
>>
>>8178616
What does the meat guy know about fish?

Also fish farmers feed the fish with fish food containing processed shrimp/prawn shells, which is what gives salmon its colour also in the wild.

I have eaten rather pale salmon and the taste is indistinguishable from the deep red variety.
>>
File: alaskan-king-salmon_1024x1024.png (542 KB, 533x360) Image search: [Google]
alaskan-king-salmon_1024x1024.png
542 KB, 533x360
>>8178616
Only I've never seen red salmon in my life. Even the ones I caught a few years ago didn't have red meat. There's quite a few types of salmon out there.
>>
>>8177767

probably
>>
>>8178575

methylmercury is one contaminant but wild fish have the same shit, probably even worse

aquaculture damages the environment by sucking out oxygen and replacing it with ammonia, the fish are fine.
>>
>>8180904
This is why aquaponics is superior. Bacteria and plants are added to make a closed cycle.
>>
>>8178616
The red color is from the diet of shrimp and cruataceans where as farm raised salmon eat pellets and therefore need to be dyed. Not died, dyed.
>>
>>8181248
Farmed salmon are also much fattier which I'm sure tunes down the color of the meat.
>>
File: sBhPO7G.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
sBhPO7G.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
lots and lots of parasites and hormones and antibiotics in the fish
>>
>>8177767
It's fine I do this with Tilapia and aquaponics
>>
>>8179750
lol
>>
>>8181326
would eat
>>
>>8179750
>Even the ones I caught a few years ago didn't have red meat

that's cause you suck
>>
>>8177767
People who eat fish are degenerates anyways.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.