[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got this question on a quiz today. I had no idea how to do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I got this question on a quiz today. I had no idea how to do it so I just put 0

What is the answer?
>>
>>8174962
floor(-2)+floor(--2)=0
looks good to me
>>
I think you're right. You can always split the limit up into two parts and it look like the first is -2 and the latter is 2.
>>
Bumpé
>>
It's -1. Take the limit from both sides on the intervals the step functions are constant.

>>8174982
That only works when both functions have an existing limit at the point of interest. A lone step function never has an existing limit at integers, so this method will not work at all.
>>
If you study the limit to the left of the x=-2(which means x<-2), then the limit is: (-3 +2)=-1
When you study the limit to the right in the x=-2, that is : (-2+ 1)=-1. The limit is -1, cause the limits to the left and right are equal. Be more careful next time i guess.
>>
>>8175033
How the fug did you get -1 I don't even get how you could get anything BUT zero
>>
>>8174962
IT's -1, is not that hard to figure out. You have to study it to the left and to the right of -2.
>>
>>8175039
In order to figure out how to solve it, just think about something simpler. The limit to the left of 1 for [x] is 0, cause you get as close as possible to 1 but not in that value. On the other hand, the limit to the right of 1 for [x] is 1, cause you never get less that 1 as close as you get to that value.
>>
>>8175040
Add the value of both step functions on the interval (-3,-2) and then on (-2,-1). You will notice that the sum is in both cases -1, and since the sum of the step functions exhibits this constant behavior in a local interview of the point -2, the limit is also -1.
>>
Yep I see it now. Fuck
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.