[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Place your bets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: universe.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
universe.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Place your bets
>>
obviously universe would win

because...where the fuck would it go
>>
>>8168660
I think OP is just putting "will we eventually be able to escape the end of our universe using technology" in a meme way.

>>8168649
I'd say it's plausible that we could survive. We could do a lot in 30 billion years, considering the rate of our technological progress.
>>
>>8168649
Quality /sci/ content as always
>>
>>8168780
I would bet against survival and also against practical FTL travel.

Progess happens within the laws of physics, it doesn't override them. Also progress isn't linear in time, it just feels that way in our current era. Historically, it was very slow, followed by bursts of change, followed by relative stagnation in a new equilibrium. We currently see the confluence of a large population, breakthroughs in communication and information technologies (not just computers, but also writing, the printing press, the telephone before).

At some point long before 30 billion years are up, this process will settle and if there is no collapse of civilization, there will be stagnation on a high level. They will know what their boundaries are, and I bet surviving the heat death and getting out of our hubble volume isn't in the cards.
>>
>>8168649
Regardless of what the correct answer might be, what is the prize?
>>
>>8169191
Survival
>>
>>8169203
So if the end of the universe wins, it survives?
>>
>>8168649
By definition, the end of the Universe will end the entire Universe.
>>
>>8168649
That's one fucking stupid question, but I'll answer: the end of the Universe.
>>
>>8168649
The universe will win when the robot says
"Let there be light"
>>
>>8169217
I butthurted over your post, but just a little.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.