[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I see a lot of talk about intelligence, but what about creativity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
I see a lot of talk about intelligence, but what about creativity? Is there a concept of creativity testing in psychology/sociology? Is there a such thing as g-loaded creativity? Can it even be measured? Are there aspects of creativity that aren't subsets of intelligence?
>>
Take your pedophile comics back to >>>/a/.
>>
"intelligence" isn't really a scientific term, and it isn't used by psychologists on a regular basis. There are types of intelligence, when you are trying to take some predefined measurable traits and quantify them, but even those only give you a rough clue.

The general approach to modern psychology is not to try to quantify things. The brain is a very complicated organ, and the most accurate predictions come when we look at it as an entire system that exists under different distinct conditions.

From that point of view, it's less constructive to think about comparing different brains for overall performance. Instead we compare how these different conditions cause biases in behaviour and thought patterns, and how they influence emotions. Since psychological studies are often focused on mental health, the aim is to find extreme conditions and understand their nature. Often people find ways to cope or live under circumstances where the symptoms of their conditions never become a cause of suffering, and these are the things that psychologists try to understand.

Even the concept of mental illness is difficult to describe when it is often the case that two people with the same mental condition may experience them completely differently.

tl;dr Intelligence is not a very useful concept, since it is purely utilitarian, and science aims to explore the objective nature of the universe, not quantify its usefulness.
>>
>>8167633
>and it isn't used by psychologists on a regular basis.

The ICD 10 literally uses IQ as diagnostic criterion.

http://www.icd10data.com/ICD10CM/Codes/F01-F99/F70-F79
>>
>>8167630
Fuck off.
>>
>>8167636
>drone gobbles up whatever the corrupt racket WHO publishes

unsurprising
>>
File: d36.jpg (35 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
d36.jpg
35 KB, 1024x576
>>8167744
Just a tip for the future, stop engaging the low-effort bait and simply post anime constantly.
>>
>>8167798
No.
>>
>>8167798
>and simply post anime constantly
Reported for flooding.
>>
File: 6228694.jpg (24 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
6228694.jpg
24 KB, 599x337
>>8167799
Engaging as always.
>>
>>8167803
See: >>8167800
This isn't /b/. You can't spam whenever you feel like it.
>>
File: 1401995183.png (36 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1401995183.png
36 KB, 200x200
>>8167805
Ironic how this can be selectively applied to images but not the copypasta in question, hm?

Tip: it's not spam if my post contains something of substance relevant to what is being posted in the thread.
>>
>>8167803
Yikes!
Are you gay or something?
>>
>>8167808
What copypasta?

And what substance do posts like >>8167803 have?
>>
>OP
>implying intelligence and creativity aren't related

All "intelligence" tests are fundamentally flawed, especially the IQ test. Humans do not understand their own brains and their opinions are often inherently biased whether they choose to recognize it or not. Also your words are meaningless. Try harder OP.
>>
>>8167818
>What copypasta?
Take your pedophile comics back to >>>/a/.

>And what substance do posts like >>8167803 have?
And what substance do posts like >>8167799 have?
>>
>>8167843
Report this whinny bitch.
>>
>>8167843
>Take your pedophile comics back to >>>/a/.
That's not a copypasta. A copypasta is something you copy and paste; I write it new every time.

>And what substance do posts like >>8167799 have?
It's not my post.
Regardless, responding negatively to a message with 'no' serves more purpose than just trying to annoy someone with passive-agressive comments.
>>
>>8167850
I'm so afraid of being banned from an undermoderated shitposting board. If mods gave a shit they would ban >>>/a/ spam. I stopped posting animu because I'm not actually a weeb and don't have any and google images takes too much effort. I'm just getting fucking tired of seeing >>>/a/ 20 times a day. You're on forechin, I'm sorry you don't know the history of forechin, but that's not my problem newfag.
>>
File: 1460340862888.jpg (139 KB, 535x498) Image search: [Google]
1460340862888.jpg
139 KB, 535x498
>>8167856
T-take your pedo cartoons to >>>/a/!!
>>
>>8167855
>A copypasta is something you copy and paste; I write it new every time.
Ho ho ho, what a clever distinction. Should I call it a maymay then, milady?

>just trying to annoy someone with passive-agressive comments.
I'm pretty sure that describes your behavior wonderfully.
>>
>>8167860
Remember to report chink monkeys

>>8167862
Ban this whinny faggot.
>>
>>8167870
>whinny
Underage?
>>
>>8167885
ya
>>
>>8167885
>>>/a/
>>
bumpu desu
>>
it appears my thread has taken a dark turn :(
>>
>>8168291
revive it with animu
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.