[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't we taking memory out of the brain after ppl die
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1466762654862.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1466762654862.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
Why aren't we taking memory out of the brain after ppl die and putting it into mass cryo chambers.

Deathcucks can fuck right off with their ethics, I wanna be resurrected.
>>
>>8166854
>liberal arts major
intothetrashitgoes.jpg
>>
>>8166854
>Why aren't we taking memory out of the brain
We don't know how.

>I wanna be resurrected.
Without freezing your entire brain and reviving it in the future (which would destroy it with current techniques), it wouldn't be you.

Most importantly,
>putting it into mass cryo chambers.
Ain't nobody got resources to store a century worth of people, you do realize two people die every second right?
>>
File: britney-reaction-face[1].jpg (4 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
britney-reaction-face[1].jpg
4 KB, 229x220
>>8166854
> taking memory out of the brain
>>
>>8166860
>Without freezing your entire brain
So without your visual centers you become an entirely different person?

>which would destroy it with current techniques

It preserves all structures and cellular machinery. But it's only done on dead people and it's toxic to a metabolically active person, though that doesn't mean you couldn't flush out the vitrification agents and repair other damage in a cold stasis stage before warming people up to a temperature where metabolic activity kicks in again.

Oh wait I forget that this is /sci/.

"We can do nuffing and no nuffing because philosophy said ur just a copy because philosophy said so it's true lol!"
>>
File: header.jpg (33 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
33 KB, 460x215
Even if they could make someone just like you again later it still wouldnt be you.
>>
>>8166889
If you wake up tomorrow it won't be the same you that go to sleep today.
>>
I plan to start funding this sort of stuff before I die.
>>
>>8166860

>two people die every second right

only taking into account first world country?
>>
5k die every day in united states, i'm gonna assume 15k total in the relevant European countries combined, and then lets say 5k for australia and japan. so 25k/day, just over 1k an hour, one death every fifteen seconds or so.

Of course this would only be sold to wealthy individuals at first. Getting stored in cognitive cryo storage for 100 years is a 40 grand fee.

Maybe you can spend 2.5m on a facility that stores 1 thousand. So you'd have a net profit of 1.5m, which would need to cover research labor and 200 years of storage costs...

It'd be tricky, but it's such an exciting topic. If you guys can survive for another 50 years, such investment opportunities may open to you.
>>
>put your brain in stasis
If you don't have oxygen constantly in your brain, you'd turn into a vegetable.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.