[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What books can you recommend me on how the mind works, basically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1464424745395.jpg (132 KB, 1130x947) Image search: [Google]
1464424745395.jpg
132 KB, 1130x947
What books can you recommend me on how the mind works, basically what books are about social interaction and how to trick and manipulate people?

I don't feel empathy towards other people emotions, but I would still enjoy to be the soul of th party.

I just want to know how to stop being blunt and stop hurting people feelings by mistake.
>>
>>8166406
That's called sociopathy. Stop asking stupid question on 4chan and see a doctor.
>>
>>8166572
>>>/x/
>>8166406
how to win friends and influence people helps, but honestly you just need to go out and practice.
Theres no substitute for practical experience, especially in social contexts
>>
>>8166577
*tips fedora*
>>
>>8166577
How legit is that boom really?
>>
>>8166751
>How legit is that boom really?
it helps, just some rather obvious things about how you should conduct yourself that most people might not think about
its by no means a guide, it'll just place you in the right perspective to help you empathize with, and understand others.
>>
>>8166406
Idiot, stop being a fag got grow up become a real man, the day you start acting like the complete opposite of how you are acting now is the day you become a man. I used to be a little idiot like you until late i started a family and devoted my life to science fuck boy
>>
>>8166406
you are a sad man OP. Unfortunately for you, like many things it requires practice. Go out there and talk to people.
>>
>>8166743
Kill yourself
>>8166577
This.
>>8166406
If you don't move your ass out of your comfort zone, you will not make it.

There are some self-help books which are supported by psychological studies. They are pretty good to get rid of your social anxiety.

If you are interested about seduction (women "manipulation") You should know who is Ross Jeffries.
>>
File: 146552706170.png (136 KB, 1120x977) Image search: [Google]
146552706170.png
136 KB, 1120x977
ITT: angry anons.

holy shit, I didn't expect this level of butthurt.

I just want to understand more people, this doesn't mean I don't have practice in social situation, I'm extroverted, not an introverted faggot.
>>
>>8167849
Then, I think I can't help you m'lad.
>>
>>8167849
>Everyone in thread just calls you edgy
>U BUTTHURT GUISE???
Its ok OP ur feelings r hurt ((((((((:
>>
>>8167852
>>8167866
I just want to read people like an open book.

I think people personality and reflexes are like animals and can be understood.

sure, humans are specials snowflakes but this doesn't mean their reactions over something wont fall in clusters.

I'm literally talking:
What good books are about climate that will allow me to understand how wind make clouds.

And then you're telling me: don't read books, simply go outside, there's no need to understand physics or math, just go outside and watch clouds.

>but you're edgy
wanting to understand something isn't edgy, specialy in a science board.

>but sociopathy
I don't suffer from it.
>>
>>8167872
>that bait
I literally told you there are some books about seduction.

PNL is very interesting. Of course you need to practice it. So your subconscious mind learns it well.
>>
>>8167880
thanks.

I like to learn new things, I was looking at the meyers briggs shit and found it interesting, sure, I got told it's pseudoscience but I found interesting that human personality will fall in some cathegories.

I just wanted some indications on what to read that is similar, but isn't pseudoscience.
>>
>>8167890
>pseudoscience
It's pseudoscience because it can predict, acccurately with a 100% guarantee. You can say the same about the human ancestors. Because you can't reproduce exactly the cause and the process.

But it literally explain results, you can experience every situation. Of course, there are too many variables two individuals live while interacting, so you can make mistakes.

Anyway, anything related to social relationships is pseudoscience. Good luck with your search.
>>
>>8167918
I find it an interesting topic and was wondering what has science written about it.
>>
>>8167926
Just check it out on google. There is no interest to help beta people.

Just look at all those stupid beta protagonists movies have.

I'm not even from /pol/. I don't give a shit about all of you. But this "pseudoscience" is very interesting and practical.

Go for it.
>>
>>8167965
sure, I used to suffer from social anxiety.
but then I forced myself to socialize, it took some years and now I enjoy to talk to people.

but now I want to go deeper and understand more.

I dunno why people call it pseudoscience, It was shocking as fuck to see I'm ENTJ and it was like they read my mind.

There was a shit ton of stuff there that described me and I finally understood why I felt alienated in school.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.