[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who kills the cat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Schrödingers-Cat-3.jpg (181 KB, 900x572) Image search: [Google]
Schrödingers-Cat-3.jpg
181 KB, 900x572
Suppose Schrödinger's sends you one of his mystery boxes in the mail. When you open it and the cat is dead, did you kill it?
>>
>>8164437
My consciousness collapsed its wave function
>>
if 1000 Schrödinger boxes are created with a camera inside and 1000 are opened after a day, which will have less dead cats?
>>
>>8164437
No, the cat suffocated from lack of oxygen
>>
>>8164437
I still think the cat collapsed the probability distribution before anyone opened the box. I think Shrodinger should have used some inanimate macro effect from the quantum world to illustrate his point.. would have saved the world from a lot of needlessly confusing discussion. Short anwer... the cat unwillingly offed itself, or didn't.
>>
no, it's curiosity
>>
>>8164437
You're missing the whole point.

Schrodinger was trying to explain all probability is 50/50.

Either he built the box or didn't. Since you weren't there to see him do it (or else he wouldn't have had to mail it).
>>
Collapsing the wave function just means there's a small world we live in. We all see each other, and unless there's murderer particles, we will continue to see each other. We don't split into our own isolated universes.
>>
>>8164799
>We're all murderers.
>>
can somebody explain the dead/alive cat meme ?
>>
>>8164437
Just complain about the parcel delivery service and blame them for the cat's death.
>>
>>8164803
It was Schrodinger's 50/50 psychosocial artistic outlet, by means of science.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.