[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Biology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: HA!.jpg (127 KB, 500x730) Image search: [Google]
HA!.jpg
127 KB, 500x730
Intellectual conversation on biology
>>
>>8164352
I think its bad and we should put a stop to it
>>
>>8164352
define intellectual
>>
Someone explain how diindolylmethane removes epigenetic NRF2 blocks and helps to regulate your immune system.
>>
>>8164378
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3,3%27-Diindolylmethane

> Much of the scientific interest is due to its action as a histone deacetylase inhibitor in vitro, specifically against HDAC1, HDAC2, and HDAC3.[6]

Maybe it has something to do with it being a histone deacetylase inhibitor, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>8164503
What's histone deacetylase?

Explain it to me like I have a high school biology understanding.
>>
>>8164503
Also does dim break down into 2 methane molecules in your body?

I have too much methane production already..
>>
>>8164516
>Also does dim break down into 2 methane molecules in your body?
Assuming you're serious, no.
"Diindolylmethane" denotes two (prefix 'di') indole groups bound to a single carbon, it is the single carbon (methylene group) that corresponds to the 'methane' part of the name.

>I have too much methane production already..
oh, you weren't serious
>>
>>8164510
Histones are proteins binded to the DNA, depending on their state (acetylated, methylated, phosphorylated, ...), the DNA is more or less compacted. If the DNA is more compacted, he is less accessible, hence less transcripted if it's a gene.
A histone deacetylase is an enzyme that remove acetylation on the histones. Acetylated histone interacts less with the DNA, so he is more accessible.
By inhibiting the enzyme, NRF2 gene is more transcripted than normal, hence the effect.
>>
>>8164533
Interesting.

>By inhibiting the enzyme, NRF2 gene is more transcripted than normal, hence the effect.
Cool.

But doesn't DIM do this for all the DNA, so like every other gene would be more transcripted?
>>
What is the meaning of life
>>
>>8164572
Yes, but consider not all histones use acetylation/deacetylation as their main regulatory system.
Maybe, and I am speculating here, NRF2 gene is more sensible to this because of that.
Or probably Wiki isn't covering the whole story and the effect is due to something else.
>>
>>8165342
Anything else you can tell me about DIM?

Can it cure my food intolerances I developed over the past 10 years?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.