[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What light bulb best simulates sunlight?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: skylight.jpg (222 KB, 1278x1295) Image search: [Google]
skylight.jpg
222 KB, 1278x1295
What light bulb best simulates sunlight?
>>
the one you posted.
>>
>>8163932
They're called "daylight" lightbulbs and give off a 4700K black body radiation profile. They're extremely common. Go to Home Depot or anywhere else that sells lightbulbs and buy some.*
*the reason why a lot of people don't like them is that similarity to natural sunlight disrupts their circadian rhythm and makes it difficult to sleep
>>
>>8163944
Sure, but we don't even know what it is. What is one we could buy in stores?
>>
File: 0031-CoeLux60-600-600[1].jpg (408 KB, 2598x2598) Image search: [Google]
0031-CoeLux60-600-600[1].jpg
408 KB, 2598x2598
>>8163963
Yes you can and it's a real thing. I saw one in London lighting exhibition. It's got rewards and all that.

It's incredible to say the least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ4TJ4-kkDw
>>
>>8163932
First quadrant looks hella cozy.
>>
>>8163932
Hydrogen fusion.
>>
>>8163932
xenon
>>
because is an idiot
looks great has garden and daylite-bulbs get
>>
File: atmosphere.png (192 KB, 786x420) Image search: [Google]
atmosphere.png
192 KB, 786x420
>>8163978
I know this video is meant for normies, but
>Air
>Made out of Nitrogen, Oxygen and [math]\rm CO_2[/math] basically
>[math]\rm CO_2[/math]
What the fuck. There is more Argon in air than carbon dioxide. The percentage it makes up of the total air is almost negligible. Also none of them absorb visible light, so there is literally no point in including [math]\rm CO_2[/math] here.
>>
>>8163932
>>8163978
Must be great to help overcome depression during winter
>>
How efficient is such a light bulb? I imagine not so much
>>
>>8163932
How do they achieve the Sun parallax effect?
>>
>>8164983
normies dont know what argon even is
>>
>>8163932
Regular incandescent or strong LED light bulb.
Those mandatory in EU CFL are pure cancer.
I used them for a year straight and lost my eyesight not to mention that they last less and cost more.
Progression was so fast that is not even funny.
They have some flicker in them or some shit that does not work with continuous reading on black and white pages
>>
>>8163960

The reason people dislike them is they appear blue indoors and make everything look like crap.

2700 Kelvin is the indoor light God intended.
>>
I thought tose were renders and you are asking about the settings for a realistic sun effect
Holy shit that looks great, whats the technology behind it?
>>
if you're trying to grow weed, get metal halide for vegetation and high-pressure sodium for flowering. of the highest wattage you can manage without burning your house down or having the power company alertthe cops.
>>
>>8168925
A big ass LED light panel, cylinderical microstructures below it to keep the light directional like sunlight, a thin layer composed of nitrogen, oxygen and whatevers there in our atmosphere ( because thats how it succesfully achieves the physical bluish sky tone), and lots of electricity.
>>
looks like you need some kind of portable fusion reactor anon. Only way to be sure.
>>
>>8167186
Could have just left it out. Why not say it's made up of Nitrogen and Oxygen? That's almost correct, anyway.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.