[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get why people send satellites into space. Why should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: index.jpg (9 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9 KB, 318x159
I don't get why people send satellites into space. Why should we waste billions of dollars when we could have spent it on making iphones, helping the billions of starving innocent people in Africa, or flying victims of wartorn countries like Syria to safe spaces where we can free them of oppression, or even just making the internet gooder. Billions of dollars have been wasted because some dumb scientist thought "lol lets send a chunk of metal around the earth" and they wonder why ppl don't agree haha
>>
They didn't spend it on "making iphones, helping the billions of starving innocent people in Africa, or flying victims of wartorn countries like Syria to safe spaces where we can free them of oppression, or even just making the internet gooder..." because the people who own/control the money didn't want to.

Also as I see it, country A needs to be able to defend itself from country B, and country B needs to protect itself from country C, etc... Therefore pushing technology and having advancing leaps forward will give nations the better ability of winning fights.
>>
>>8159644
thats pretty bigoted, think of all the lives we could save instead of wasting it on throwing chunks of metal into space and better ways to kill each other

we should be working on peace not war :)
>>
>>8159997
>>8159997
Your weak attempt at trolling isn't working. Go back to shitposting about Trump on >>>/pol/
>>
>>8159997
>>
Fuck off, hippy.
>>
>>8160005
>>8160015
>>8160023
maybe you should behave like an adult and have an intelligant discussion.
>>
>>8159602
too obvious/10
>>
>>8160025
I'm sorry. I wouldn't have been rude if I had known you were new here.

Has it ever occurred to you that the technology that has been born from the space program makes the things you are talking about easier to accomplish?
>>
File: dxcIksw.jpg (744 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
dxcIksw.jpg
744 KB, 1280x1280
>>8160025
>intelligant
>>
>>8159602
>iphones
that would help apple, not the world
>billions of starving children in africa
there aren't billions of people there, but if we fed them, they'd die of something else, like aids or natural disasters
>flying victims of wartorn countries
victims only exist once they're dead. the whole notion that a group of people are innocent or worth saving over others is purely politically motivated. That's none of our business.

When people can't help themselves, the world doesn't improve. That's why we spend money furthering on ourselves and not others
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.