[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Raising haemoglobin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: haemoglobin.jpg (115 KB, 580x254) Image search: [Google]
haemoglobin.jpg
115 KB, 580x254
Hi, /sci/.
I am woman, and my haemoglobine is critically low (80 grams per liter) .
What are some medicines/supplements/foods that can raise its concentration?
Thanks in advance.
>>
age ?
>>
>>8159257
Actually, I'm not a woman. I'm a guy.
Just asing for my mom.
>>
>>8159260
asking*
Please respond Mr. Scientist
>>
>>8159255
Iron and exercice.
Or, you know, ask a fucking real doctor.
>>
>>8159255
Exercising in low-oxygen environments, like mountains.
>>
>>8159289
Yeah, mom's waiting for two weeks just to get examination.
>>8159296
Are you memeing me? I heard oxygen is good for raising haemoglobin. Can you explain it a little to me?
>>
>>8159302
Low-oxygen environment pushes the organism to produces more red blood cells.
>>
>>8159305
So basically running in a mountain and healthy nutrition helps?
Thank you, kind Anon.
>>
>>8159302
Homeostasis

High partial pressure of oxygen in the air -> downregulation of haemoglobin to decrease oxygen binding and maintain stable partial pressure of oxygen in blood

Low partial pressure of oxygen in the air -> more haemoglobin is synthesized to bind more oxygen and maintain partial pressure of oxygen in blood
>>
>>8159306
Iron is good, or copper if she is a horseshoe crab.
>>
>>8159255
what's causing your hemoglobin deficiency? there are many things, including iron deficiency, cancer, etc. which can cause it

go see a fucking doctor
>>
>>8159255

epogen
>>
>>8159310
My mom has SLE lupus, but she's living with it over a 15 years. Maybe the doctors went wrong with diagnosis back then.
So neither do they know what's an issue exactly. She's trying to get an examination term, but she's been waiting over two weeks now.
>>
>>8159311

also, like others said, see a doc. there are several types of anemia. could need iron, or b12, or something else.

for starters, a vegan diet is a death spiral. we do best with heme iron, and that means eating red meat. it'll also supply your b12 and protein, and anything you buy that is processed grains will have added folate.

could also be a GI bleed. does she have black and tarry poop? history of alcoholism? diet and lifestyle changes are always good, but no guarantee these will fix the problem.
>>
Thank you all for kind responses.
Will look into the tips and arrange the doc asap.
>>
intestinal bleeding
>>
How did you determine her haemoglobin is low?
>>
>>8159327
Women: 12.3-15.3 (mean 13.8) g/dL
He said 80 g/L = 8 g/dL, which is pretty low.
>>
Inject some EPO. You can get some at your local cycling store.
>>
>>8159313
I'm not defending shitty veganism, but
>for starters, a vegan diet is a death spiral. we do best with heme iron, and that means eating red meat.
Sounds like you're talking out of your fucking ass buddy.
>>
>>8159312

if she has anemia from SLE she needs treatment of the SLE (with steroids, hydroxycholoroquine, methotrexate etc) to best help her anemia.

The only thing she can really do over the counter is iron supplements.

>>8159311
this will only work if the patient has kidney failure and a low epo because of that. OPs mom most likely has antibodies against her rbcs that are causing hemolysis, and her epo is most likely already elevated.
>>
>>8159605

guess we'll have to wait a few weeks to see what the doc says
>>
>>8159255
Food rich in iron and protein. Lay off fats and limit carbs. Calcium, as osteoperosis may contribute. Dark green veggies. Exercise.
>>
pls be in LA
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.