[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just WTF is this fuck? How can we came to this absurdic conclusion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: elec_mag_field.gif (7 KB, 507x269) Image search: [Google]
elec_mag_field.gif
7 KB, 507x269
Just WTF is this fuck? How can we came to this absurdic conclusion?

IMO this dramatic moment in science is when common sense and understanding were expelled from physics. After that point break, physicists feel free to create any metaphysic and idealistic concept as long as it explain the experiment.
>>
Do you care to explain what are the problems with it?
>>
Indeed, the limits of our brain to comprehend the quantum realm are well known. You have to let go of classical physics as you perceive them, because shit simply doesn't work that way in the quantum realm. If it explains the experiment, is well tested, and can be replicated, we can prove these unintuitive phenomena to be reality.
>>
>>8158195
you fuckwit, maxwell's equations do not require quantization
>>
That is a classical EM waveform, what is there to understand? or is this bait
>>
>>8158196
What? He said quantum realm, he is talking about scale
>>
>>8158199
Light propogration has nothing to do with quantum mechanics the OP model is entirely derived from classical light theory. >>8158196 is right >>8158195 is a fuckwit and a pretentious one at that, you're retarded for defending him.
>>
>>8158202
No, you are overreacting. Quantum scale is anything 10^-9 meters, which is the scale of visible light( 390 to 700 ).
>>
>>8158202
The quantum realm dude, not quantum mechanics. Chill out. It's stuff we cannot perceive.
>>
>>8158212
>Chill out.
Get the fuck out of /sci/ and never come back.
>>
>>8158213
Nah. The autists here amuse me.
>>
I never understood the picture in OPs post. Are the fields literally flat amd vertical, or are they simply perpendicular to each other in all directions? If I take that picture at face value, its like there are no fields at 45 degrees
>>
>>8158220
They're perpendicular in all directions. That graphic shows 100% polarized light for simplicity and so you can actually see what's going on. It wouldn't be legible with unpolarized light.
>>
>>8158173
i study physics at university, there's nothing wrong with this, this is a standard model and completely withing common sense sphere

this is all still normal and sensical, even bosons, leptons, quarks, neutrinos and all that bullshit is still sensical, real nonsense begins when you start a "hey guys what if these subatomic particles that we all imagine as dots, what if those are actually strings"

what you posted right there is extremely applied and tested and confirmed....

>>8158220
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_radiation
>>
>>8158173
It's actually 2 circularly polarized rays interfering with each other
>>
>>8158239
>what you posted right there is extremely applied and tested and confirmed....
That doesn't confirm the model because even an ape knows that models can have the same input-output relation but with different workings, and I believe OP is trying to make sense of it. See, waves like these in his pic are intuitively understood on a 2D representation. But if space itself is the waves' medium, how can we apply 2 waves on the same 3D space. OP is sure fucking lazy to not say what he means, even though the first reply asked what his problems were, but I believe this should be it because it is Frequently Asked Question. Light as waves was never popular...
>>
>>8158173
>How can we came to this absurdic conclusion?
learn 2 maxwell equations.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.