[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys know of any decent science and maths forums, where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 323242424.jpg (294 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
323242424.jpg
294 KB, 1024x768
Do you guys know of any decent science and maths forums, where the visitor population is actually scientifically educated, or at least logically minded?
>>
>>8153781
if we did would we still be here?
>>
>>8153790

/thread.
>>
>>8153781
Stack exchange, and it's relations.
>>
File: IMG_20160516_205634498.jpg (3 MB, 2340x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160516_205634498.jpg
3 MB, 2340x4160
aops.com/forum is a good forum for math olympiads stuff
>>
>>8153781
Agree with this guy >>8153818
the stack exchange sites seem like reasonable places.
>>
>>8153818
They ruined the site with the Hot Network Questions links, and they keep renaming it to get around blocking rules.

>Is Chekov's accent normal, in-universe?
>How to find the IP of a minecraft server?
>One of my players is trying to cast a spell that isn't in the handbook, and he hasn't told me how his character knows it
>How do I move a planet?
>>
There is nothing wrong with us you fucking retarded faggot
>>
>>8154853
I find it dumb because you're probably already on the only stackexchange you can make meaningful contributions to. But has adblock really made people this entitled? Are you incapable of ignoring site elements that do not interest you? Are you that offended by same-domain links?
>>
>>8154884
/site
>>
>>8153781
Physics Forums is very good
>>
>>8154887
Those links are cross sub-domain. Why should I be reminded of Harry Potter or even another technical subject whenever I want to ask or answer a programming question? At least adverts can be ignored.
>>
>>8155091
>>same domain
>cross sub-domain
Yeah.

>Why should I be reminded of Harry Potter or even another technical subject whenever I want to ask or answer a programming question? At least adverts can be ignored.
See:
>>But has adblock really made people this entitled? Are you incapable of ignoring site elements that do not interest you?
>>
>>8155097
>Yeah.
They're distinct sites. Why are they advertising each other?

>But has adblock really made people this entitled?
Entitled to focus on what I'm trying to accomplish? I hope so.

>Are you incapable of ignoring site elements that do not interest you?
Yes.
>>
Why can't there be a board of real science autists making memes about those high impact papers? Where are the CRISPR memes? This board fails in both shit posting and legitimate scientific discussion.
>>
>>8154940
It has a lot of bad math advice I find (there are mathematicians and mathematical physicists who post, but also wayyyy too many people giving math suggestions who have no idea what they're talking about. Not that it's any better here. But here, you get people PRETENDING to know what they're talking about, which can often result in getting you on the right track at least.
>>
>>8155393
hubris
>>
>>8155393
real science autists have a real life version of forums, that's why - it's the department coffee room

you have no IDEA the amount of hot meme action that occurs, even between top profs over a cup of cheap, faculty provided tea
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.