[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone redpill me on signal processing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: 126805059160.jpg (13 KB, 396x303) Image search: [Google]
126805059160.jpg
13 KB, 396x303
Can someone redpill me on signal processing?
>>
>>8152775
there's nothing to redpill.
It's just a short name given to frequency domain analysis of time series.
>>
>>8152832

No it isn't. The intent isn't just to restate the time domain; the intents are manifold, from maximizing information exchange, to minimizing energy, to encryption, to statistical analysis, to materials science, to geology...

And wavelets are not frequency any more than a z transform is.
>>
>>8152857

So redpill me faggot,
>>
File: Fourier.png (267 KB, 396x303) Image search: [Google]
Fourier.png
267 KB, 396x303
>>8152775
Delta isn't a function.
>>
>>8152775
>redpill
fuck off
>>
>>8152775
If redpill means to give you the short, concise understanding of subject material, I have some bad news.

Signal processing is pretty hard. Stop being a /pol/ faggot and go to school.
>>
>>8152921
if it's not a function, then why can it be used to accurately predict physical processes?
>>
File: bandpass.jpg (12 KB, 396x303) Image search: [Google]
bandpass.jpg
12 KB, 396x303
>>8152964
Not him but that's a complete non-sequitur and you are dumb.
>>
File: 1433533002153.gif (938 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1433533002153.gif
938 KB, 500x281
I did undergrad EE signal processing this semester and it was honestly shit.
Nothing more than convolution and mathematical operations. I suppose the lecturer was chinese and the tutors indian but there really didn't seem to be any critical thinking/creativity involved. Far too simple and easy desu.
>mfw spent 5 weeks on fourier transforms and there was only a single question on the exam
>>
File: back-to-pol.jpg (35 KB, 490x290) Image search: [Google]
back-to-pol.jpg
35 KB, 490x290
>>8152775
>redpill me
>>
Took a 4k level physics class about circuits and signal processing.

Final project was to build a board with a speaker and convert the signal from digital to analogue with different constraints you could switch between.

Learning fourier, adc and dac, why signals looked like shit was the funnest part of the course and the most interesting application of math I ever did in undergrad.
>>
>>8153175
Was there much of interest in there for someone who already knows about (discrete) fourier transforms and binary arithmetic?
>>
>>8152945

Go fuck yourself,
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.