[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What could be the benefits of modifying humans to do photosynthesis?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1466128181558.gif (941 KB, 627x502) Image search: [Google]
1466128181558.gif
941 KB, 627x502
What could be the benefits of modifying humans to do photosynthesis?

Would it reduce or consumption of traditional food? Prolong our lives?
>>
>>8152526
Modifying humans for photosyntheses would need cells to either be injected with or genetically altered to have chloroplast, which would turn skin green and fucking a green woman is my fetish so thats a plus
>>
>>8152526
Read an analysis on this and it's basically useless. If you lay in the sun all day you could reduce food consumption by like 5% or something
>>
Photosynthesis works because plants stay still and have leaves branched off to efficiently gather light. The best way to make human photosynthesis work would be to emulate this. Do you want to be a tree?
>>
>>8153198
>Sit around doing nothing all day
>Shoot clouds of sperm into the air
>Only contribution to the world is breathing

Yes
>>
>>8153207
What do you mean by "the world"? The planetary ecosystem?
>>
>>8152526
We use to much energy and have too low a surface area for it to be worth bothering
>>
>>8153179
I'm pretty sure that 5% would help some starving countries.
>>
>>8152526
You know what would be even more efficient? To create some devices that use photosynthesis to convert and gather energy for our use. We could call such devices "plants".
>>
>>8153267
No? The wealthy have significantly more food than they need, the poor have significantly less food than they need, where significantly > 5%.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>8153176
FPBP
>>
>>8152526
If we were made dual we would have to draw energy from two sources. Food and Sun.
The extra "weight" would make us live shorter if we didn't lead a lifestyle reflecting the maximum potential of the body.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.