[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lose weight by starving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: metabolism.jpg (273 KB, 1167x1200) Image search: [Google]
metabolism.jpg
273 KB, 1167x1200
If an overweight person wanted to lose weight, why could that person not just starve i.e not eat for several days and then be back to normal weight and healthy? Why is this not a good option?
>>
>>8152052
I think it's more psychological.
They get so hungry that their mood goes south, they then binge and quit.
You'd probably have to lock someone up to give them an all liquid diet.
Also you need some vitamins and minerals to replace things that arent stored.
>>
>>8152052
>back to normal weight and healthy
normal weight yes
healthy, no.
>>
>>8152052
Ketone bodies are a temporary solution and acidosis will fuck you up
>>
>>8152063
Yeah mineral supplements could obviously be a thing

>>8152064
why not healthy? What would be the problem?
>>
>>8152052
Yeah I've seen some shit like this irl, happened with one of my classmates. Sure as fuck didn't look very healthy when she started losing hair senpai.
>>
>>8152100
Because you need to fucking eat ? Eating isn't only about muh energy, you absorb shit like iron, vitamins and other important molecules to maintain proper body functions.
That's why diet focuses on making you use more energy than you consume, you need to eat.
>>
/fit/ here

I'm not going to bother actually answering your question, I'm just going to say that there's is absolutely 0 zero for someone to do what you mentioned

And yet so many do so.

Just grab a meal plan and keep at it.
There's keto for people that want rapid weight loss and bad breath

Skeletors and fatties shoo shoo
>>
>>8152100
vitamin and mineral deficiencies
screwed up metabolism

starvation diets rarely work without heavy stimulant use, and they are never healthy
>>
>>8152492
Don't shoo me you fuck
>tfw 6'2 and weigh only
>1
>0
>7
just skelly my shit up senpai
>>
>>8152694
>tfw 6'6" and reaching 120 [spoiler]kg[/spoiler]
>>
staving may be unhealthy but if they go to a doctor and tell him and get a meal plan with low calories and exercise should be easy
>>
It's possible and has been done successfully by at least one person I know of. He took vitamin and mineral supplements to avoid deficiency and consumed only water for around a year. Lost a tonne of weight, but, as happens all to often to fatties, gained it back eventually.

A less extreme form of 'starvation' diet is the PSMF which is well-respected for rapid weightloss in athletic and bodybuilding communities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_Sparing_Modified_Fast
>>
>>8152052
It's quick fix for weight, but underlying problem remains, i.e. pig keep doing pig things.

Keto is kinda better, for even after, you remember the high-energy sensation and keep giving it a shoot now and then.
>>
I mean, the juicing diet is pretty much this
>>
>>8152063
>They get so hungry that their mood goes south, they then binge and quit.
This. I've tried it and actually ended up gaining weight.
>>8152492
This just eat normally
>>
2,4-dinitrophenol and a diet of salmon, water and antihistamines.
>>
Intermittent fasting is exactly that, except not actually starting since that only starts after 3 days of not eating
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.