[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I improve my will and learn to love the things I do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1466268285386.jpg (83 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
1466268285386.jpg
83 KB, 384x313
I have really hard time now having the will to do absolutely anything but dont want to be like that and also is there a way to make yourself love what you do even if you dont ?I'm sure I can condition myself but have no idea how.
>>
>>8150367
>implying free will exists
Don't fall for this meme.
>>
File: AdderallXR20.jpg (700 KB, 999x999) Image search: [Google]
AdderallXR20.jpg
700 KB, 999x999
>>8150367
>>
>>8150673
how do you reply to me then completely aware of what you do?
>>8150792
dont want to fuck my shit up even more.want to do it naturally.
>>
>>8150367
I'm assuming you're either a college student or HS student on summer. You not having the will to do anything is a side effect of now having the ability to chill back and do fuck all for 2-3 months.

If you're dead set you can
>Develop autism
>Take drugs
>Do something you like
It's hard to learn to love what you do without it basically being a form of Stockholm syndrome where you basically go "Well I'm doing this shit daily, might as well enjoy it."
>>
>>8151150
I'm neet.I want to do so many things but just dont have the drive or get extremely tired so easy.
>>
>>8151167
Break out of your rut for a solid week then.

Also stop being a NEET unless you have a valid reason. Autism doesn't count.
>>
>>8151169
>Also stop being a NEET unless you have a valid reason
I do.I have to change a lot of my behaviors.
>>
>>8151173
Wut you a NEET for?

I'm guessing physical reasons?
>>
>>8151174
Psychological reasons.
>>
>>8151175
I'm guessing severe bi-polar or depression. Would explain the lack of motivation.
>>
>>8151178
>bi-polar or depression
yes and anxiety.I really wish I was just making stuff up for attention but I'm not.
>>
>>8151183
Nailed it.

Just try to get yourself out of a rut.
>>
>>8151188
And how am I supposed to do this?
>>
>>8150367
"Motivation" is kind of a meme. Kind of, in the sense that some people have an undying passion to pursue whatever interest, that usually isn't the case. For anything worth doing there's going be a lot of shit periods where you grind through to get your desired result. The only things that come easy in life are videogames and jacking off.

>>8151196
You should probably start with professional treatment. I recently overcame a pretty bad spot in my with anxiety, couldn't work or leave the house without panicking and driving down the freeways was harrowing. I had a very discrete root cause for it though that I was able to eventually overcome. Before you sit down with a shrink it might help to work on mindfulness techniques and altering your thought patterns until then. That's basically stuff like learning to recognize thought patterns that result in fear and severing them early.

I will say that being a NEET is particularly damaging your ability to recover from an anxiety disorder so try to do SOMETHING out of the house everyday. Even if it's running up the street to get milk.
>>
>>8151201
>That's basically stuff like learning to recognize thought patterns that result in fear and severing them early.
the problem is that my thing is beyond simply learning to recognize thought patterns that result in fear and severing them early because i embarrass myself even if i don't always have anxiety but i dont want to derail the thread.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.