[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Human Burial
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Not sure what board would really cover a topic like this, so I'll just post it here.

Is there any real reason that we're burying people pumped full of dangerous chemicals inside of expensive steel boxes, never to be seen again? Just think of the millions of dollars are wasted and the ecological impact this must have on the ecosystems around cemeteries.

Like, this sounds like something only mental sickness would conjure up.
>>
Human tradition

Personally i want my ashes to nourish plants once im ded
>>
dumb human culture

t. alien

But really, it is an odd topic. Can't our ashes be sent to space or something cool now?
>>
>>8149282
>Just think of the millions of dollars are wasted

Wouldn't really call it a waste, considering that the dollars spent provide utility to the purchasers.
>>
ypu gotta think, this is a tradition that goes back way since humans were living with dinosaurs. If you leave a body just laying around it could create disease or attract animals. Someone thought burning was barbaric or something despite it making the both sense. as well as throwing them into the ocean would make them swell up and make everything smell bad
>>
>>8149399
/thread
>>
>>8149412
>Since humans were living with dinosaurs
Kek
>>
>>8149464
Ignoring that part, he makes a valid point.

It might have made a lot of sense in the past and, just like marriage, traditions are hard to stop.
>>
>>8149399
>utility
I wouldn't call the establishment of future ecological problems a utility.
>>
>>8149282
>tfw future people begin resurrecting the dead using DNA but you were cremated.
>>
>>8149395
No ash from cremation
Cremains, yes, but no ash
Cremains are the ground up bone that does not burn
>>
>>8149617
I believe we're using the word utility differently, friend.
>>
>>8149412
Decomposers could break down the bodies.
>>
>>8149397
>Can't our ashes be sent to space or something cool now?

Thriving business for that already.

http://www.celestis.com/
>>
>>8149636
They'd just be making your twin brother. Yer dead either way.
>>
If you're not dumb you will choose cryonics.
>>
>>8150207
>expecting /sci/ users to have a college-level vocabulary

You know that most posters here are teenagers, right?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.