[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Time Travel Formula
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
I know this is basic but WE'RE CLOSE here's a time travel formula i wrote (using http://www.hostmath.com/) T = time we want to go to time, t = current stationary time, v = velocity and 299792458 metres per second is the speed of light.
>>
>>8147018
But did you account for the meme vector?
>>
>>8147018
This doesn't account for quantum tunneling or the N=NP problem.
>>
>>8147018
what if you're in a car that moves at v = 299792458 and you turn on the headlights?
>>
>>8147018
Where's the Jigowatts at?
>>
that's great son
do you have a job yet
>>
>>8147035
>N=NP problem.

Are you dumb? That equation solves at P = 1 and in the equation you can see the 1 so he might aswell just replace it with P.
>>
File: 1465953842090.jpg (65 KB, 480x609) Image search: [Google]
1465953842090.jpg
65 KB, 480x609
>>8147018

I have a book on relativity wherein "time travel formulas" are literally an exercise in the introductory chapter.

Yes, you can manipulate equations and make time run backwards; anyone who passed middle school algebra can. This doesn't give any physical significance to your results.
>>
>>8147018
Use c^2

The speed of light has units.
Also, you have to solve for t, not T. When you do this, you see that there's no frame for something moving at c.
>>
>>8147060

Not sure if this is b8, or you are legitimately this retarded.

In either case, consider pic related.
>>
Actually it's

[math]t = t0 - x[/math]
Where t0 is current time and t is how much I want to go back.
>>
>>8147060
It also solves at N = 0 so you can write P - N for the complete description you moron
>>
>>8147070
Drinking bleach doesn't kill you, it just makes you really sick.
>>
>>8147018
thats not the lorentz factor u fucking cuck its (v/c)^2
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.