[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have just realized that many professors in my school paid indexed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
I have just realized that many professors in my school paid indexed journals so that they can publish their shits.
This is why they have so many papers published but none of them actually has any impact or is meaningful in science.

What the actual fuck? The school is ranked pretty high due to the publication rate. This is a fucking joke. Academy is a fucking joke.
>>
>>8142080
your right
>>
where do you live ?
>>
>>8142080

do you live in China?
>>
Rephrase everything you said because it doesn't make a lick of sense in English.
>>
>>8142080
Poorly written but yes.
>>
all journals charge to publish
>>
>>8142443

>what is arxiv
>>
>>8142443
So basically you have to pay them to publish and you have to pay them to read?
>>
>>8142443
No they don't. Only predatory journals charge to publish.
>>
>>8142455
Not really true. There are many highly respected indexed journals that will happily let you pay them.
>>
File: Cost_of_publishing2.jpg (446 KB, 1400x1061) Image search: [Google]
Cost_of_publishing2.jpg
446 KB, 1400x1061
>>8142455
any respectable journal will have you pay them to review your article and maybe publish it. Source: i'm a physics graduate student with 3 published articles.
>>
>>8142818
Paying for review is not paying to be published. You can pay for review and not be accepted. Paying to be published means you will be published as long as you pay, which is predatory publishing.
>>
>>8142455
Most of them do. It's just that your university or fund-giver is expected to cover the costs.
>>
>>8142856
>Paying to be published means you will be published as long as you pay,
Nope.
>>
>>8142864
Yes. Paying for sex doesn't mean you might have sex.
>>
>>8142890
Shitty papermills exist, but "reputable" journals will be happy to take your money for the time to look at your shit and then reject you anyway. Charging does not guarantee you can buy your place.
>>
>>8142890

You're not paying to publish, your paying for submission to a journal.

Your analogy is shit.
>>
>>8142448
Not a journal
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.