[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have been thinking over perpetual motion machines before and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: fEAquEj.jpg (181 KB, 1095x878) Image search: [Google]
fEAquEj.jpg
181 KB, 1095x878
I have been thinking over perpetual motion machines before and the closest idea that would work as one would be a magnetic object that would orbit at a very high altitude to minimize atmospheric drag through a coil. The object would have to be reboosted to keep it in place but wouldnt this make more energy from purely gravity from the centripetal force or would there be outside forces acting too much on it to generate energy?
>>
>>8140019
Why do stupid people love magnets?
>>
>energy from purely gravity
that's newly
>>
WHY IS EVERYONE ON SCI A DISGUSTING HS DROPOUT WHO THINKS THEY'RE THE NEXT EINSTEIN
>>
File: X on SCI.png (31 KB, 694x968) Image search: [Google]
X on SCI.png
31 KB, 694x968
>>8140019
>>>/x/
>>
>>8140019
>through a coil
The induced current will slow the magnetic object until it falls out of the sky.

Perpetual motion is impossible. Try again.
>>
File: perpetuum__mobile.png (310 KB, 550x484) Image search: [Google]
perpetuum__mobile.png
310 KB, 550x484
>>8140019
>perpetual motion machine
You didn't even need to tell me that you are going to use magnets next. Pic related is pretty much the only "perpetual motion machine" design that doesn't involve magnets.
Anyway, see >>8140878.
>>
>>8140893
Wat? There are a lot of designs for.perpetual motion machines.
>>
>>8140878
Perpetual motion is possible in classical mechanics. Perpetual motion energy generators are impossible.
>>
>>8140918
With perfect isentropic efficiency, sure. Please see the second law of thermodynamics
>>
In Verbal exam on thermodynamics stuff.

Whats the first law of thermodynamics?
Perpetual mobile of the first order is not possible.
No like really? blah blah
The Second law of thermodynamics?
A perpetual mobile of the second order is not possible.
No like actually as a formula(Getting annoyed)?
>>
>>8140918
>Perpetual motion is possible in classical mechanics
underrated kek
>>
>>8140019
>the closest idea that would work
no.
>>
>>8140101
Fucking magnets, how do they work?
>>
>>8141615
aether theory explains this well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoL-GvrsC0E
>>
>>8141583
>Verbal exam
you mean "oral"
>>
>>8141669
you mean aural
>>
File: lorentzForce.gif (1 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
lorentzForce.gif
1 MB, 400x300
>>8140019
>outside forces acting too much on it to generate energy?

passing thru the coil will produce drag that will require
>The object would have to be reboosted

it's called the Lorentz force
>>
>>8141636
Not as well as electromagnetism.
>>
>>8140101
action at a distance = magic
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.