[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First of all, I'm fully aware of how autistic I sound.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: business-intelligence-systems.jpg (151 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
business-intelligence-systems.jpg
151 KB, 400x300
First of all, I'm fully aware of how autistic I sound.

Secondly, I'm really interested in becoming more intelligent, and I'm interested in hearing your thoughts/experiences. Here is what I've been doing so far:
>self-learning calculus, although it isn't used in my degree. This is basically to do practice questions, which I feel is good exercise for the brain
>reading lots of fiction and non-fiction. I try and vary the non-fiction as much as possible, reading into economics, machine learning, history etc
>doing lots of walking outside whilst listening to fairly informative podcasts
>lots of water, good food, and sleep
>>
>>8136409
Stop walking listening to informatives, that's innatural. Use long walks to relax, it will help
>>
>>8136432
I meditate daily in order to relax
>>
What's your goal?

For me, most of my progress has come from pushing myself, and straining/trying to deeply understand material. Without a concrete goal in mind it seems like a lot of your efforts would be wasted. What happens when you get to something that's much more difficult than your used to? Do you stop and give up when you stop making progress because you have no reason to push yourself?
>>
>>8136409
>self-learning calculus
Autodidactation will, in some cases, cause you to use your brain in ways which it previously wasn't. So yes, it can make you smarter (assuming it's done with something like progressively more intricate mathematics, or something which requires novel ways of thinking).

>reading lots of fiction and non-fiction
>>fiction
Good for vocabulary. If you're not using the vocabulary which's been attained through such reading, well, all it's going to make stronger is your ability to visualize (assuming you read in such a way which is conducive to strengthening your visionary capabilities (if your brain isn't hurting, you won't gain much benefit (but don't overdo, less than 25 minute sittings I'd say may be optimal)).
>>>non-fiction
Read the first non-green text. Same

>doing lots of walking outside
Will destress the system if done under certain circumstances. Natural environments (with no noise-pollution) calm the mind. The wavelengths causative of the destressing may also help with retention. G'job

>lots of water, good food, and sleep
Great. Hopefully it's the right foods (Paleo diets with lots of dark green vegetables are optimal. I personally try to ascribe to a paleo-ovo-vegetarian diet, lacto also because of whey protein (whoops)).

I haven't committed myself to any intelligence-building exercises, but sometimes I do stuff like Image Streaming and Math-ability building exercises.

The paleo, no additive-included diet has really helped (because of our 'third brain' which is located in our digestive systems. There're a lot of endorphins which come from there. The more neurotransimtters, the more rapid one's processing and the more rapid and efficient the communication between neurons.)
>>
>>8136451
I don't do paleo because I eat wholegrains, legumes and dairy. Apart from that it's the same (only real food, no added sugars, no refined grains, plenty of fat, lots of vegetables, lots of fish etc)
>>
File: 1455246766897.jpg (99 KB, 600x577) Image search: [Google]
1455246766897.jpg
99 KB, 600x577
>>8136409
I think it's agreed that past an IQ score of 120 or so creativity is not really correlated to intelligence anymore. A person with a 128 IQ and 165 IQ have pretty similar odds of coming up with a creative idea or thought. This is because creativity starts to hinge on other things more, and also because once you get so smart the type of stuff you're actually trying to do or solve usually so ambitious and high-order it's very difficult to say who will have that golden thought first. These problems aren't solved in conventional or routine ways like less abstract matters are. They are trickier and more fundamentally advanced.

So what is my point? Only this. I am actually practicing my calculus right now too. Just to get whatever cognitive benefit there is. But I think you gotta recognize that raw IQ only does so much. You gotta think about other things like risk-taking and comfortability with novel paradigms. If you can't simply take a chance or attempt something no one else has done, you may well forego your entire destiny right there senpai. You also gotta always double check that you're open to being wrong or that a groundbreaking perspective is not right in front of you but you don't have the mind frame to see it. I think morality is also important. Ethics, character, and moral vision go a long way in staying sharp, perceptive, and on track. Even Einstein said the secret isn't intelligence, it's character. Don't be an autist, narcissist, or degenerate. I was also gunna say read broadly but you're doing that. It's important to make as many different kinds of connection between all types of information so you can to maximally position yourself to have that Eureka! moment. I think taking time to create sick OC for the internet is important to not cuz your meme is rly that sick but you gotta be able to let go from time to time and not be a neurotic tryhard you'll miss the forest.

Alright there you go Jimmy. Ur all set. Make me proud sweetheart.
>>
>>8136409
Genetics + the right upbringing
It's too late to 'become intelligent' if you aren't already
>>
>>8136454
>>8136451
>"I have no idea about nutrition."
>>
>>8136494
This was incredibly homosexual and weird
>>
File: image_1.jpg (480 KB, 2448x1595) Image search: [Google]
image_1.jpg
480 KB, 2448x1595
I was with you up until your food post, at which point i immediately concluded youre a gullible retard
>>
>>8136834
Alright, can you tell me what (in your expert opinion) I should add/remove to my diet?

I'm
>>8136454
>>
>>8136494
>I can be just as smort as a genius bcuz i half da right iq range
Exactly what some feeble minded 120er would tell themselves. Keep dreaming, kid.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.