[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fundamental Equations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: JESIHFGASRE.jpg (88 KB, 550x450) Image search: [Google]
JESIHFGASRE.jpg
88 KB, 550x450
Which set of equations govern everything we know in the universe? Is it really just these two (in natural units)?

[math] \displaystyle (i\partial/-m)\phi=0 [/math]

[math] \displaystyle G_{\mu\nu}-8\pi T_{\mu\nu}=0 [/math]

If not, what other equation(s) need to be added to include everything? I guess you could argue that this could be added to the mix:

[math] \displaystyle H^2=\frac{8\pi}{3}\epsion-\frac{\kappa}{a^2R_0^2} [/math]

What does /sci/ think?
>>
>>8133408
>Which set of equations govern everything we know in the universe?

no such thing

> Is it really just these two (in natural units)?

definitely not

>If not, what other equation(s) need to be added to include everything?

A lot
>>
>>8133408
The universe is not describable in closed form.
>>
>>8133429
proof?
>>
>>8133408
Add the Standard Model Lagrangian but what exactly do you mean by equations that govern everything
>>
>>8133470
A set of equations from which all other physical laws can be derived.
>>
So far we have:

> Dirac's equation
> Einstein field equations
> Friedmann equation
> Standard model lagrangian

Can every physical process be understood from these equations, or do we need more? Are there any that can be eliminated?
I don't know much about particle physics... can Dirac's equation be derived from the standard model lagrangian?
>>
>>8133487
Dirac is derived from standard model and friedmann is derived from einstein
>>
>>8133408
There's a fundamental part of computer science that also relates to entropy that might also be a first principle
>>
>>8133408
None do.
You don't understand fundamental principle of physics.
Physics doesn't aim to find a "truth".
>>
>>8133408

Physics isn't about reverse engineering the source code of the universe. Think more in terms of emulators that work "well enough" for our purposes.
>>
>>8133487
>I don't know much about particle physics... can Dirac's equation be derived from the standard model lagrangian?
Yeah, there are lots of fermions in the standard model. If you get rid of all other particles and their interactions, you get the Dirac equation.
Likewise the Friedmann equation is just one particular solution to the EFEs.
>>8134739
>>8134749
I think most physicists believe there is a fundamental description of nature, but disagree about how close that is.
String theory is valid at all energies, unlike regular old quantum field theory, which seems to suggests it is truly fundamental.
>>
File: 1450719413130.jpg (570 KB, 1209x914) Image search: [Google]
1450719413130.jpg
570 KB, 1209x914
>>8133408
your mum
+
hundreds of bulls cumming in each of her hole
=
you
>>
>>8134816
validity of a theory is social construct
>>
File: 1438813294033.png (100 KB, 493x891) Image search: [Google]
1438813294033.png
100 KB, 493x891
>>8133408
dis 1
>>
>>8134883
>sans gravity
Even your picture knows you're wrong.
>>
>>8133408
Can the Dirac equation describe particles with spin greater than 1/2?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.