[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else unable to understand/retain information when reading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: wikianime.png (568 KB, 979x587) Image search: [Google]
wikianime.png
568 KB, 979x587
Anyone else unable to understand/retain information when reading digitally? I find it's impossible for me to remember what the fuck I'm reading and staying focused when I'm reading a pdf on a computer screen. I started printing out all the research papers I have to read and am saving so much more time.

Plus, as much as I made fun of highlighting brainlets in grade school, highlighting big ideas in papers is so fucking clutch. "Didn't this one paper say something on this matter?" *look through* *read highlights* *find it*

Also, when reading novels, I can recall geometrically where events/cool quotes occurred on the page by picturing an open book in my mind, e.g. "Estella rejected Pip on the second and third line on the right page". I typically remember equations by remembering what the page looked like that they were found on. I find reading online totally dampers this trick.
>>
>>8131841
You are probably too old or too dumb.

I say too old because I am relatively young and I had my first computer when I was like 8. At this point I've spent half of my life in front of a screen so that is maybe why I'm used to it.

All the books I use for university I have on my phone and I work as a programmer so being good at reading digitally is a must.

Just retire gramps.
>>
>>8131861
this seems like a valid argument to be honest OP

sorry grandad
>>
>>8131861
I've spent more than half my life in front of a computer and I have OP's problem as well.
25yo faggot here.
>>
>>8131896
Then this is some spooky shit. I guess some people are better fit to survive in the age of information. It would be my pleasure to impregnate your gf so that you have superior digital reading kids.
>>
>>8131899
I learned to read and do all 4 basic operations mentally by age 4 on my fucking own.
If you think you've got anything on me, bring it.
Also impregnating women is not in my life plans.
>>
I prefer not to read things digitally because there are so many distractions available at the touch of a button. Printing it or reading a print book keeps your attention from wandering.
>>
>>8131899
>he took the "survival of the fittest" meme seriously
>>
>>8131905
>Also impregnating women is not in my life plans.

Good, we don't need any more people with your disabbility.

If anyone wants alpha kids just give me a call.

>I learned to read and do all 4 basic operations mentally by age 4 on my fucking own.

That would be useful... IN THE DARK AGES. Computers can do all that shit for us now so it is all about how good you are at reading from screens.
>>
>>8131861
I've been internetting daily since I was about 12. I'm also an undergrad CS major. I have no problem reading little coding blurbs online, it's just large texts. I certainly can, it just isn't optimal.
>>
>>8131919
Yeah, don't worry. We solved this mystery like 5 posts ago.

Please send your gf by mail so you can have superior digital reading alpha masterbabies.
>>
>>8131926
Dude pls go
>>
>>8131861
>programmer
So, you're a brainlet.
>>
>>8131841
youre not the only one
>>
File: wikihow_hayai.jpg (145 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
wikihow_hayai.jpg
145 KB, 728x546
>>8131841
H-hayai!
>>
>>8132423
can you do programming ?
no ?
then your the brainlet :)
>>
>>8132966
>youererur
>>
>>8133014
youre're
>>
>>8133026
your'é
>>
File: 1337.png (784 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1337.png
784 KB, 500x400
question OP, did you read them on retina or normal 72dpi before?

I'm really starting to think 72dpi screens are bad for eyesight and memory as much as I love pixel art.
>>
>>8131918
>hurr durr computers can solve differential equations and apply them with any level of competency
>>
>>8131841
I find that writing notes down while reading shit digitally helps, but you're right in that it takes up more time
>>
>>8133360
Computers will do the computations.

My kind of superior humans with 10/10 digital eyesight will read the results of their computations and yield earth-shattering conclusions by operating the computers.

The men in your inferior kind can clean the toilets and shit.

The hot women in your inferior kind can serve as sex puppets for us.

The ugly women in your inferior kind will be sacrificed to sell their organs to people of my kind who may need transplants and shit.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.