[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't we just burn all our food?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 1172x1137) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 1172x1137
I was making spaghetti and I lost track of time, came back to find it burnt. Initially my reaction was "ohhhhfuckmeintheasshol how am I gonna eat this now?" and then I got to thinking; raw meat has bacteria and shit and you shouldn't eat that, so you cook it to kill all them bugs n shit with heat. So surely, if you burn it to a crisp, you've killed more bacteria, there are less diseases lurking on there, and therefore, burnt food is healthier.

Also, I ate the burnt spaghetti and it was fucking delicious, just the meatballs were a bit crunchy.T
>>
I think it's a question that suits /ck/ better
>>
>>8131549
1) Enjoy your free radicals (cancer).
2) Cooking is more to denature proteins than to kill bacteria
>>
"burned" food has a different structure and is processed differently
>>
>>8131554
this
also tastes like shit and no one gets sicks by handling food properly.
>>
>>8131554
So is too many denatured proteins a bad thing?
>>
>>8131554
>>8131557
Also completely fucks nutrients
>>
>>8131560
burning means oxydizing chemicals in the food.
might as well eat fucking charcoal.

If you're good, you can even burn your food while leaving the inside undercooked.

bruning is not cooking.
>>
>>8131560
No, for example a cooked egg is denatured.

Black/carbonized food and grease is very bad though, that degredation happends much later than denaturation when you "burn" the food.
>>
>>8131549

stick to burning your weed f4m
>>
>>8131604

We don't do drugs you pathetic junky
>>
File: 1461822706883.jpg (877 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1461822706883.jpg
877 KB, 800x800
>>8131616

if you kept your nose out of your paint bucket for five seconds you would've realized that my post was facetious and making fun of OP for his stoner drivel.
>>
>>8131549
>not capable of preparing simple pasta
>has opinion on things
true /sci/ poster
>>
>>8131637
>>not capable of preparing simple pasta
>>has opinion on things

He said he "burned" the spaghetti.
I can only assume he's eating pasta out of a can.
Jesus.
>>
>>8131644
You are fucking retarded.
wow
>>
>>8131646
>You are fucking retarded.
How else would you "burn" spaghetti?
If he was making pasta from scratch, and left in in the water too long, first it would turn to mush (not burnt).
If he leaves it in long enough for the water to boil off, it's going to get too brittle to eat.
>>
>>8131569
You're still oxidizing the shit out of your food when you cook it, even if you cook it in a fucking vacuum. There is nothing dangerous about this.

The danger of burnt food comes from the fact that you create a fuckton of harmful compounds, most if not all directly or indirectly linked to free radicals.
>>
>>8131820
And how do you think you make those chemicals? From fucking oxidation you twat.

Burning food causes you to form polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons i.e. good electron acceptors, which promote free radical reactions.

Normal cooking produces a significantly less number of these compounds.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.