[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVP Jzmpnmjs > Former Ae
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVPJzmpnmjs

> Former Aerospace engineer
> Hubble repair program manager
> Navy pilot
> Comes up to Americas Got Talent stage and does this

Explain. Doesn't shit like this put a dent in peoples minds like how they perceive scientists ? Even on a minor scale, isn't this a psychological setback for the perception of scientists on the population ?
>>
John Hetlinger is my new n1.
>>
File: 1442750132303.jpg (47 KB, 718x656) Image search: [Google]
1442750132303.jpg
47 KB, 718x656
>>8131072
Scientists are the priests of today, and like the priests yesterday, scientists are just as hedonistic as other people.
>>
>>8131086
>hedonistic
as in lacking reflexivity. THe sole fact that they accept to be praised like priests show how egotistic they are.
>>
>>8131087
or maybe he's just way too old and gone a bit mad ?
>>
he's a senile scientist and he plays right in the le eccentric scientists perception that the public already has. i fail to see how he changes anything
>>
>>8131099
Because the general expectation from a scientists is to be rational and maybe sing a decent oldies song and kinda mess it up due to old vocal chords so they can just clap it away as a nice old man giving a shot to his singing dreams. Nobody expects an older Aerospace engineer to growl and scream like a bat on fire after making such a mundayne introduction.

Fuck, he's probably the only scientists that stepped into Americas got talent and people are gonna remember the only scientist like this.
>>
This comment has been removed under European Union Framework Decision 2008/913/JHA and the accompanying Code of Conduct for online telecommunications.

For any queries or to contest this outcome, please submit a report to http://ec.europa.eu/atwork/applying-eu-law/complaint_form_en.htm
>>
>>8131105
yeah nah, people love the eccentric scientist type and is not foreign to the general population
>>
>>8131072
>Doesn't shit like this put a dent in peoples minds like how they perceive scientists ?
Why would the actions of a retired engineer have any impact of the perception of scientists?
>>
>>8131072
Who gives a shit how the general populous perceives scientists? I'd prefer if they kept their retarded subhuman, ape hands off my field of interest.
>>
>>8131072

>engineer
>pilot

not a scientist
>>
>>8131131
Coz they think what scientists are really like
>>
>>8131148
>scientists are fun and don't take themselves seriously

agreed, those are horrible character traits
>>
>>8131072
None of the things you listed make him a scientist though?
>>
>>8131164
Engineer, as a title, supersedes scientist you stupid aspie.

When was the last time you looked at job postings? Any engineer can get a science job, but not vice versa (legally).
>>
>>8131173
Alright, show me a post that is advertised just as being an engineering role, but requires you to do mainly scientific research
>>
>>8131173
Even if that were true (it's not), being qualified to be something doesn't make you one. If I get an engineering degree and decide I want to deliver mail for a living, I am not an engineer; I am a mailman.
>>
>>8131173
>Any engineer can get a science job
lel

>Engineer, as a title, supersedes scientist you stupid aspie.
toplel

Engineering is better for designing practical stuff and getting jobs. Don't try to make it more than it is.
>>
>>8131193
I think his point was that although that guy's title was aerospace engineer, he might've still had the responsibilities of a scientist
>>
>>8131173
Jesus Christ. I wish all engineering undergrads would just leave this board forever

>MUH ABET LEGALLY DESIGNATED CAREER
>>
For an 82 year old, you need some fuckin talent to rock out

I give him a 6/10
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.